Hide and Seek Rules Clarification?

So, I thought the original rules of the event was to type "I found you *staff name*" when you find the staff member. Does this rule still hold true?

I just saw an instance where one person just typed "staff name" and then another person typed "I found you *staff name*. The staff member proceeded to award the person who had just typed the name down instead of the whole phrase. Person who had typed the whole phrase asked the staff member why they didn't win for typing the whole phrase and that the person who won just typed the name. Staff member then just left the room with no explanation.

Are these the new rules? We can just type the name? Cause it's kinda sad to see people actually following the rules and not being able to win the event, but if these are the new rules, please clarify and make it public knowledge (and don't say "oh it is public knowledge Arvin" because I still see the majority of players typing out "I found you *staff name*).

star girl

I myself just had something like this, though I was the person who received the pin. I had misspelled Bambi's name in my original message, so I corrected myself. However, for people just coming in I could see where it looked like I had just said Bambi. If the instance that this just happened in was at Matterhorn then that was me. I was able to get that original message + spelling Bambi's correctly before the other person was able to say the full message.

If it wasn't me then it may have been the same issue!

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
Hello there @arvinarvin ! The rules are that the person must say "I found you (Staff name)" to be able to win. I want to apologize if this did happen, I am not aware if it did because I was not participating in this. Hopefully it will not happen again. We also put in the rule that no one should be standing in rooms just now because staff will not go and hide in those rooms if people are just standing there. Hope this answers your question!

Hello there @arvinarvin ! The rules are that the person must say "I found you (Staff name)" to be able to win. I want to apologize if this did happen, I am not aware if it did because I was not participating in this. Hopefully it will not happen again. We also put in the rule that no one should be standing in rooms just now because staff will not go and hide in those rooms if people are just standing there. Hope this answers your question!
Thank you.

VMK_Bambi

I myself just had something like this, though I was the person who received the pin. I had misspelled Bambi's name in my original message, so I corrected myself. However, for people just coming in I could see where it looked like I had just said Bambi. If the instance that this just happened in was at Matterhorn then that was me. I was able to get that original message + spelling Bambi's correctly before the other person was able to say the full message.

If it wasn't me then it may have been the same issue!
I can clarify that this is what happened, She did say the phrase but mis-spelled "bambi" because she was excited hehe. I of course waited until after she corrected her spelling before I told her congrats :) I am not sure if anyone else had this problem tonight. But like VMK_Schweetz said, hopefully it does not happen again.
We really enjoy doing Hide and Seek with the players because its fun for us and for you guys <3

They sent in game messages out reminding people to say the whole phrase and not just the name. Maybe others were confused so they went ahead and just gave them the pin? Idk but I know they did announcements to say the whole thing.

I can clarify that this is what happened, She did say the phrase but mis-spelled "bambi" because she was excited hehe. I of course waited until after she corrected her spelling before I told her congrats :) I am not sure if anyone else had this problem tonight. But like VMK_Schweetz said, hopefully it does not happen again.
We really enjoy doing Hide and Seek with the players because its fun for us and for you guys <3
Thanks for clarification, I do enjoy the hide and seek events, it's one of the more engaging events aside from races, just wanted clarification on rules.