Home-Made Recipes?

WhippetWolf

Has anyone created a recipe for desserts that are related to Disney? I've been looking at a lot of recipes out there with my roommates and we decided to pick any interesting recipes you guys have made. We might as well take a picture of it and post it on here!

I follow the disney instagram, and they posted these. thought it was adorable :D upload_2016-3-1_16-49-58.png [DOUBLEPOST=1456856251][/DOUBLEPOST]

INGREDIENTS:

Pretzel Rods
White Almond Bark
Orange Icing Color
Chocolate Almond Bark (you could also use chocolate chips)

INSTRUCTIONS
*Prep: Before beginning to build this delicious treat set out a couple of baking sheets, cover each sheet with parchment paper.

1. In a deep bowl melt white almond bark according to package directions.
2. Add orange icing color (a little at a time) and stir, until you get your desired shade of orange.
3. Dip each pretzel anywhere from half to 2/3rds of the way up in almond bark.
4. Place the covered pretzel on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, and repeat with all the pretzels.
5. Melt chocolate almond bark.
6. Put the melted chocolate into a decorating squeeze bottle likethis.
(I picked mine up at Walmart. You can find them at most stores that carry candy making supplies. You can also use dollar store squeeze bottles that are meant for ketchup and mustard. Any squeeze bottle with that type of fine tip will work beautifully! ;))
7. Squeeze the bottle of melted chocolate, moving it back and forth above the pretzels to create stripes.
8. Let the pretzels dry completely.[DOUBLEPOST=1456856436][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sugarhero.com/chocolate-hunny-pots-with-honey-mousse/

Chocolate “Hunny Pots”yield: 10 or more hunny pots (make as many as you can, in case some break!)

12 oz dark chocolate candy coating (I like Merckens brand)
Small round water balloons
6 oz light chocolate candy coating
3 oz white candy coating

Melt the dark chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Once it’s completely melted and smooth, set it aside to cool until it is just barely warm, stirring occasionally. If the coating is too hot, it will cause the balloons to burst, so it’s important that it be nearly room temperature, but still fluid enough to dip.

Blow up the water balloons until they’re about 4” tall. They should be well inflated but not stretched to their maximum. Your hunny pots will be about the size of the bottom half of the balloon, so use this to judge how much you should inflate them.

Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper. Holding a balloon by the knot at the top, dip it into the barely warm candy coating. I find it easiest to press it down until it’s half-submerged, then twirl it around while pressing down so that the coating comes up around the sides in an even layer. Remove the balloon from the chocolate and let the excess drip back in the bowl, then set it down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with as many balloons as you can make with your candy coating. Refrigerate the tray to set the coating, for about 30 minutes.

Once the coating is set, grip a balloon just below the knot, and cut a small hole in the balloon above your fingers. Slowly and steadily let the air out, controlling it with your grip. If you let the air out too fast, it’s more likely that the bowl will crack or the balloon will burst or tear, making it harder to remove. When most of the air is out of the balloon, hold it by the bottom and gently pull the balloon from the inside of the bowl. Repeat with the remaining bowls.

Melt the light chocolate candy coating, stir it until smooth, and let it cool until it’s just barely warm. Hold a bowl by the bottom lip and dip the top of the bowl into the coating, covering 1/4-1/2” of the top rim. Once all of the bowls are dipped, refrigerate them again to set the light chocolate coating.

Finally, melt the white coating. Pour it into a piping bag fitted with a small round tip, or apaper cone. (A small plastic bag with a hole cut in the corner might also work, or you can try using a toothpick.) Write the word “HUNNY” on the front of the bowls. Let the coating set one final time before filling the pots.

Last edited: