Hurricane Matthew

Krayolah

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

As someone who will most likely go through Hurricane Matthew, I just want to know who else has heard that their area might be hit.

I'm in Miami, FL and no stranger to hurricanes. It's because the last one I experienced was Wilma and it scared the poo out of me. It knocked over a tree that could've broke in my sister's room.

Also I hope everyone is prepared and stocking up!

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
In Orlando, and indeed I do remember Hurricane Wilma, I was living in Pembroke Pines at the time and the damage was immense. Wilma was a high Cat 3, but this storm is a low Cat 4. As of now Orlando is EXPECTING up to Cat 1 force winds, but I'm still worried cuz I live in an apartment complex and NOBODY has their windows boarded, as a matter of fact, nobody in TOWN has windows boarded, so I'm hoping for a safe ride-out tomrrow-friday night.

Im originally from Lake Wales and altho I dont live there anymore, all my friends and family still live there and i know of like 3 hurricane parties and my grandpa boarded up windows just in case but besides that I dont know anyone whos scared about it lol

I remember Hurricane Wilma and I'm going to get some of the effects of Matthew but not the full power. Class was cancelled on Friday so more time to study I guess (or play vmk?)!

Be safe D: :hug:

I live in Stuart, FL. Which is located directly on the southeast coast. It's about 35 miles north of West Palm Beach. Please be safe everyone!!!!

Emma

My family are all in Port Saint Lucie, Florida which is right on the Treasure Coast. For anyone unfamiliar with the area, its about a 15 minute drive from the ocean. Everyone in town is boarded. We are expecting full cat 4 winds and rain. My dad even went as far as taking off our solar panel on the roof lol. Good thing though is all of PSL was given 20 sand bags per residence for flooding issues. My house is located on a channel that connects to the inter coastal so water levels are a huge issue during times like this. But all in all we have been blessed without a hurricane this force for 10 years and have only gotten the occasional tropical storm. Floridians are no strangers to these storms, our homes are made of concrete block and can withstand these winds for a reason. Its trees, water, and flying objects that are the damaging factors. Praying for everyone though and anyone new to these storms it can be pretty intense and sometimes scary.

My area will be hit with the heavy rain and winds. Classes were canceled as well as work. More time to try to study lol, but glad to get a much needed break. Praying everything will be okay. Stay safe!

In Orlando, and indeed I do remember Hurricane Wilma, I was living in Pembroke Pines at the time and the damage was immense. Wilma was a high Cat 3, but this storm is a low Cat 4. As of now Orlando is EXPECTING up to Cat 1 force winds, but I'm still worried cuz I live in an apartment complex and NOBODY has their windows boarded, as a matter of fact, nobody in TOWN has windows boarded, so I'm hoping for a safe ride-out tomrrow-friday night.
I live in Pembroke Pines and grew up here actually (I say Miami its easier). But I get what you mean, thats ridiculous that they won't take this seriously.

Kinglaser

Left UCF yesterday to come home, another hour or so inland. Still expecting to get hit by the outer bands, not sure how bad it will be yet though. Stay safe, guys.

I'm from Miami and the storm already passed us.

Nothing crazy happened except for a snapped avocado branch and a loose branch found hanging on a power line.

Fortunately we got rid of that with dead winds and dead rain. Let's see if Matthew pulls a 270° on us with Hurricane Nicole.

CrazyPizza

sadly had to come home from CCU (Conway/Myrtle beach area) by the hurricane direction of Mathew. Luckily on the piedmont side we gonna get rain all day but gonna check my off campus house going to look like when i get back from the category 2 hurricane

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Yeah I'm in the Gables area of Miami and although everybody went psychotic with gas and water/food...nobodies shutters were up really. I didn't expect anything serious either and we got barely anything so we got lucky

Yeah I'm in the Gables area of Miami and although everybody went psychotic with gas and water/food...nobodies shutters were up really. I didn't expect anything serious either and we got barely anything so we got lucky
Better safe than sorry. Trust me, I have enough food for a year. And do you not remember the scariness known as Wilma

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Better safe than sorry. Trust me, I have enough food for a year. And do you not remember the scariness known as Wilma
tbh the memories of hurricanes I've gone through kind of just get smeared together in my memory, so I can't associate what I remember with which hurricane it was

Wilma was the last one serious hurricane fl went through
Thought Matthew would be as bad as Wilma or worse over here. Fortunately he mostly missed us (I anticipated a lot more heavy rain and wind, but it was pretty normal rain and wind in my area actually.), but still feel bad for people on the coast and others who were devestatingly affected. Really sad about Haiti. I remember Wilma uprooted huge trees and left my city without power for at least a week. Very powerful. It's good more people were more aware, better prepared for the catastrophic damage a hurricane can cause. Even if the lines for gas were a pain in the - and everyone was making a mad dash to Costco.

I saw this the other day and found the one lone car driving the opposite way during the evacuations funny :p Such a rebel!