I need books to read..

kalyee

The Visible Man or Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman were really good. They're written kind of strangely and the topics aren't really the usual love story novels you see these days, but they're really good reads and they're a perfect mix of deep and light.

To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lake of Dead Languages are my two favorites...Mockingbird is just a classic with layers and layers of symoblisom and meaning and everyone should read it at least once in their lifetime. The Lake of Dead Languages is a mystery/thriller book with gothic undertones, it's kind of eerie but it's really captivating...I've read it tons of times and it never gets old. :)

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
Fahrenheit 451, Inkheart, Tale of Two Cities, Things Fall Apart

PIGGIESARECOOL

Divergent. The fault in our stars. Anything nicholas sparks. Hush hush. Beautiful creatures.

Yeahh. Theyre all teen books that i love. Lol cause im 15. But they are all FANTASTIC. i love every single one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissCutieG

not a junior member
What kind of books are you into?
Wintergirls by laurie halse anderson is good - it's about a girl with anorexia. It's interesting if that kind of stuff interests you.

This side of paradise - F Scott. Fitzgerald is about a boy from the rich, upper class growing up in wealth.

If you're kind of "materialistic" and in high school, the Clique series is really good

: )

misterwives

shailene woodley is perf
Lol, I'm sure you have read these, but.......
The Giver
To Kill a Mockingbird
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant
The Fault In Our Stars

MarinaAnchor

Frying pans, who knew?
I suggest Night Road by Kristin Hannah. :D

It's really good & it opened my eyes to a lot of things.

A little mature, probs for 18+

Berryana

For if you're looking for a solo contemporary book I highly recommend...
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Jellicoe Road by Melia Marchetta

But for series that are fantasy/dystopian...
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (the last installment comes out this May)
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Lux by Jennifer Armentrout
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

But basically these stories (especially TMI and TID) ate my heart and tore it to bits.

iTony

Ohana means family.
I would recommend the Divergent Series, The Unwanted Series (by Lisa McMann) and also The Akhenaten Adventure (Children of the Lamp #1) by P.B. Kerr.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
The Giver by Lois Lowry. Kinda controversial novel, but it's one of those dystopian novels from the '90s. It won a Newbery award and is being made into a movie.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
go on goodreads.com, there are always a ton of good recommendations on there!