Imagineers for a Day

If you were an Imagineers for a day, what ride or scenery will you design/ renovate? :-/

My opinion:
For Soarin' -
replace the IMAX footage to Digital 4k (looks 3D but it is not!) :)
make the ride vehicle lean forward and swoop upwards after that (Think Tatsu from Magic Mountain ;) )
add smoke effects when taking off
update the footage that were filmed

For rock n Rollercoaster -
add a song selection screen on the harness (similar to Rip ride Rockit)
color up the limo and add some flare to those things!

For Monorail-
renovate the highway in the sky, it is show its age!
install a fold out ramp for strollers and wheelchairs (the one similarly found on local buses)
expand the interior cabin to accommodate more passengers

Yeah, those were my wacky yet interesting idea. :-/

kalyee

As impossible at it seems, anything to make the lines move faster and more efficiently - although fast passes exist, it's still ridiculous - would be a dream. It's absolutely unpleasant and exhausting to stand in 2+ hours lines in the sun and heat with nothing to do, poor cell reception, and a bunch of sweaty, whiny kids screaming everywhere you turn. A fast pass may relieve some of that, but often times the fast pass line will get just as busy because it's a main attraction and it's not like they're a secret.
(Could rant about this for hours. My boyfriend and I thought we were going to die after a day between Disney parks. Don't know where I got the energy for that as a kid!)

As impossible at it seems, anything to make the lines move faster and more efficiently - although fast passes exist, it's still ridiculous - would be a dream. It's absolutely unpleasant and exhausting to stand in 2+ hours lines in the sun and heat with nothing to do, poor cell reception, and a bunch of sweaty, whiny kids screaming everywhere you turn. A fast pass may relieve some of that, but often times the fast pass line will get just as busy because it's a main attraction and it's not like they're a secret.
(Could rant about this for hours. My boyfriend and I thought we were going to die after a day between Disney parks. Don't know where I got the energy for that as a kid!)
FastPass makes it worse, on average.

The logistics of running more than one queue result in a decrease of actual ride capacity (unless it's like Rock'n' Roller Coaster where single rider lines help a little bit). People who understand FastPass and crowd patterns wait less because of FastPass, but only because most Disney guests don't know the ins and outs of the system. The people who don't get it wait substantially longer.

The way to solve the problem is actually to get rid of FastPass and build new attractions. If Disney didn't waste money on the FastPass+ component of NextGen, and if they learned to spend somewhat efficiently*, they could have added thousands of guests worth of capacity per hour. If the same number of people are in the park, that's less time in line, and more time in shops. Just what Disney wants, except they just don't get it.

* = Carsland isn't $550 million worth of construction if Harry Potter is less than $200 million. Likewise, NextGen's budget screams financial incompetence.

So if it's not entirely obvious, I would refurbish Disney's financial offices before building anything. Not going to propose what should be a couple million dollar refurbishment that balloons into a $35 million nothing-fest. Not going to propose minor technological changes which become $1.5 billion dollar money-burnings.
Should I get shot down on that front, I would quit and go to Universal Creative.

EDIT: Wow. Looking back 5 minutes, this is the most negative post of all time. I have outdone myself.