In-Park Quest Propsel

In-Park Quest Proposal

Hey so this is my first suggestion to the new vmk! I loved doing In park quest and now that vmk is back maybe we can create a system to start this back up again. Here how I would make the system:

QUEST:
  • Every 3 months, there will be a new In-Park quest. (Time Window to complete quest: 2 months).
  • Will consist of 10 questions. (There will be multiple quest, for the parks) Involves going to the Disney parks (Disneyland, California Adventure and Disney World Florida) and taking pictures of certain objects or characters. (Example: "In the Pirates of the Caribbean there will be a mutt with a key that holds freedom" [Take a picture of the Dog holding the key on the ride]).
  • Rules. Participants must take a scrap piece of paper and write he or she's VMK Username on the paper. As he or she takes the picture, their your username is in the picture. This MUST be a paper, not edited in.
  • Come back home, upload/sent pictures to designated forum section, or email and get a code or item.
  • Prizes would consists of Clothing, Magic, Pins, Furniture and Rooms.
  • 11 pictures must be submitted. 11th picture must be Ticket/Pass.

Now you may ask who will create these, there's already enough demands, Amy is very busy etc. I would volunteer to make these in park quest. I currently go to Disneyland every other weekend Friday and Saturdays. If we could make this happen I would gladly go every Friday/Saturday for upcoming weeks to create new quest. I would just need a WDW partner to help me and maybe we could switch off every week. Maybe one week the quest are based on Disneyland and DCA and next week it would be based on WDW.

In addition to this I will make a quest this weekend and post it on these forums and see how everyone likes it.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Good idea. This would be a lot of fun to do. I know the parks and it would be awesome to do.

DuckSwimmer

callofdutyღ
I love this idea, but the fact that I've never been to disney before because I'm kinda broke puts me at a disadvantage? Plus we have the internet for an abnormal amount of advantage.

Good idea. This would be a lot of fun to do. I know the parks and it would be awesome to do.
Thanks for the feed back!

Except I'm super poor and trying to get money to pay for college so can we not
The original Vmk did this, and everyone seemed to love it. Its not like these quest would be giving out rare items. Its just something fun for the fans of this game to do when they are vacationing to the parks. These quest will be simple and wont need to really search for these items, you will eventually pass what your supposed to be looking for while your going to attraction to attraction in the parks.

I love this idea, but the fact that I've never been to disney before because I'm kinda broke puts me at a disadvantage? Plus we have the internet for an abnormal amount of advantage.
I wouldn't think it would put you at a disadvantage, as it wouldn't be rare items that would be given out. Maybe we could just limit it to clothing and pins to be fair? And I would do my best to do some research before making the quest to find out what information is out there and what is not.

Heres another propsel.

1) Every 3 months, there will be a new In-Park quest.
2) Each one will have 10 questions and will involve actually going into WDW or DLR and taking pictures of certain thing or objects or characters. For example: "In the Pirates of the Caribbean there will be a mutt with a key that holds freedom" (Take a picture of the Dog holding the key on the ride)
3) Now to reensure that people wont rip pictures off the internet, you have to take a scrap piece of paper and write your VMK Username on it, then as you take the picture, you make sure your username is in the picture. This MUST be a paper, not edited in.
4) Come back home, upload/sent pictures to a VMK Staff member, get a code or item!

Before people start saying that this isnt fair because you cant travel to disney or whatever, did you complain when WDW and DLR had Cards and In-Park Quests that you couldnt do? Nope. Same deal here.

This would be handy right now because its the best time of year, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Also, Tomorrowmagicman, i could be your WDW counterpart because i live a few miles from WDW and can go every weekend if i wish. So you could do Quests in DLR and I could do them in WDW

Heres another propsel.

1) Every 3 months, there will be a new In-Park quest.
2) Each one will have 10 questions and will involve actually going into WDW or DLR and taking pictures of certain thing or objects or characters. For example: "In the Pirates of the Caribbean there will be a mutt with a key that holds freedom" (Take a picture of the Dog holding the key on the ride)
3) Now to reensure that people wont rip pictures off the internet, you have to take a scrap piece of paper and write your VMK Username on it, then as you take the picture, you make sure your username is in the picture. This MUST be a paper, not edited in.
4) Come back home, upload/sent pictures to a VMK Staff member, get a code or item!

Before people start saying that this isnt fair because you cant travel to disney or whatever, did you complain when WDW and DLR had Cards and In-Park Quests that you couldnt do? Nope. Same deal here.

This would be handy right now because its the best time of year, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
I see you are in the east coast are you near WDW? The only problem I see with this is it could take awhile for players to obtain their items. Other then that I like your idea. Maybe we can combine our ideas. Going to edit my original post one sec.

I see you are in the east coast are you near WDW? The only problem I see with this is it could take awhile for players to obtain their items. Other then that I like your idea. Maybe we can combine our ideas. Going to edit my original post one sec.
Yep, i live no more than an hour from WDW. We could really make this work, maybe we could get a staff member to generate 50 codes for an item and players E-mail us the pictures and we give them 1 code.

Yep, i live no more than an hour from WDW. We could really make this work, maybe we could get a staff member to generate 50 codes for an item and players E-mail us the pictures and we give them 1 code.
Would be awesome! Check out the new system let me know what you think.
An idea up for discussion. What would this idea I'm about to present fit better in, the weekly system or monthly. Each quest you would unlock a piece of clothing, ultimately leading up to a costume. Example: week one, you unlock the shoes. week two you unlock the pants. week three the shirt. week four the head piece.
Also in addition to the paper in the monthly quest should we require people to have their ticket/pass in the picture as well? its not to difficult to hold those 2 things in one hand. Or maybe one or the other?

Would be awesome! Check out the new system let me know what you think.
An idea up for discussion. What would this idea I'm about to present fit better in, the weekly system or monthly. Each quest you would unlock a piece of clothing, ultimately leading up to a costume. Example: week one, you unlock the shoes. week two you unlock the pants. week three the shirt. week four the head piece.
We could have multiple quests available. For example:

Quest: The Snowman Outfit! From October 31 to November 31, you can earn the Snowman Shirt!
Quest: 9Nine! From November 1 - February 1, Follow this Quest to Earn a 9Nine Figure for your Virtual Game!

They all end at different times and have to be lengthy to give people a chance to play and earn.

Weekly quests wont work because not many people could go to the parks EVERY week. Each quests could be as long as 3 - 6 months.

People could send us 11 pictures via email, 10 quest pictures and the 11th is their Ticket/Pass with the date on it.

We could have multiple quests available. For example:

Quest: The Snowman Outfit! From October 31 to November 31, you can earn the Snowman Shirt!
Quest: 9Nine! From November 1 - February 1, Follow this Quest to Earn a 9Nine Figure for your Virtual Game!

They all end at different times and have to be lengthy to give people a chance to play and earn.

Weekly quests wont work because not many people could go to the parks EVERY week. Each quests could be as long as 3 - 6 months.
Hmm okay so should we scrap the weekly quest in your opinion an entirely? IMO, I think weekly quest could have a place in VMK maybe just in the area of something simple like pins?

Hmm okay so should we scrap the weekly quest in your opinion an entirely? IMO, I think weekly quest could have a place in VMK maybe just in the area of something simple like pins?
Yeah, i mean what are the chances that the 300+ people that play can go to the parks every week? Some dont have the money and others live too far away, so we could make each quest 3-6 months long to give a chance and increase the rarity of that quest prize item.

I proposed this last week and laid out a plan for it.

Here is how it would work:

Players would download a PDF of the quest from the site (Preferably a "Quest" section linked to the home page).
They would then take the quest to the parks and complete the necessary questions.
They would then scan and email (Or mail via US Postal Service to a PO Box) the completed quest.
Upon completion they would either receive a randomly generated code via email to redeem their prizes, a digital copy of collectable cards, or receive a physical set of collectable cards via US Mail. (I would provide the cards to the game creators and cover the initial printing costs).
I would also provide the questions and the format for the quest as I have a vast amount of experience in creating In-Park Quests/Scavenger Hunts, and have partnered with Disney Parks on a few occasions to supply my expertise in designing parts of hunts used in the parks. I also have a series of Scavenger Hunts coming out in paperback later this year.
My primary residence is in Celebration, FL which is located on Disney Property, therefore they could constantly be updated and evolved. Again, I would do this at no cost to the game developers.

This would also help boost the games economy as it would provide items that were obtainable, but also considered "Rare" due to the in park requirement, as well as add another dimension to the game just like VMK.

I treasured VMK, and I would like to do this to help the game blossom as well as give fellow MyVMKers something new and exciting to do.

The communities support in this would greatly appreciated!

Please let me know your thoughts!

Players would download a PDF of the quest from the site (Preferably a "Quest" section linked to the home page).
They would then take the quest to the parks and complete the necessary questions.
They would then scan and email (Or mail via US Postal Service to a PO Box) the completed quest.
Upon completion they would either receive a randomly generated code via email to redeem their prizes, a digital copy of collectable cards, or receive a physical set of collectable cards via US Mail. (I would provide the cards to the game creators and cover the initial printing costs).
I would also provide the questions and the format for the quest as I have a vast amount of experience in creating In-Park Quests/Scavenger Hunts, and have partnered with Disney Parks on a few occasions to supply my expertise in designing parts of hunts used in the parks. I also have a series of Scavenger Hunts coming out in paperback later this year.
My primary residence is in Celebration, FL which is located on Disney Property, therefore they could constantly be updated and evolved. Again, I would do this at no cost to the game developers.

This would also help boost the games economy as it would provide items that were obtainable, but also considered "Rare" due to the in park requirement, as well as add another dimension to the game just like VMK.

I treasured VMK, and I would like to do this to help the game blossom as well as give fellow MyVMKers something new and exciting to do.

Your idea sounds amazing, but i dont want us to get too ahead of ourselves, I want Amy or someone to tell us its Okay to start this operation. But no replies from anyone. So before we start really getting serious. We should wait and get feedback on other fellow members of the game.

I like the idea of having to download a PDF, much more simpler. Maybe you and Space could work on the WDW quest? Man I wish I could live on Disney property. I forgot to mention I am less then 10 minutes away from Disneyland and Cali Adventure as well. Like Space said lets hear back from the staff, and hopefully us 3 can make this happen.

I like the idea of having to download a PDF, much more simpler. Maybe you and Space could work on the WDW quest? Man I wish I could live on Disney property. I forgot to mention I am less then 10 minutes away from Disneyland and Cali Adventure as well. Like Space said lets hear back from the staff, and hopefully us 3 can make this happen.
We could possibly make a Pirates Themed Quest, Also a Princess Themed too.

I agree entirely Space. I initially sent the idea to Amy and Kevin last week, but haven't heard back as of yet. I definitely want their Okay. Even if they don't need it right now, we could still develop it and have it ready for when they do. Do you live close by?