In-Park Quest Propsel

I agree entirely Space. I initially sent the idea to Amy and Kevin last week, but haven't heard back as of yet. I definitely want their Okay. Even if they don't need it right now, we could still develop it and have it ready for when they do. Do you live close by?
Yeah, I live about an hour away. However if we do get Amys Okay. We should start off with a basic 10-Question Quest. Easy, and use as a "Test" to see how it works. If all goes well, then after a while we could see about creating the Digital Cards.

my biggest issue was brought up by on the first page, and by the thread's creator: players can easily take the pictures for other players
that ability gets rid of the point of quests
the pictures could instead have the player themselves in it

my biggest issue was brought up by on the first page, and by the thread's creator: players can easily take the pictures for other players
that ability gets rid of the point of quests
the pictures could instead have the player themselves in it
I stated in my post that Players would be REQUIRED to take a picture of whatever for the quest and have their VMK Username in the picture via piece of paper. must be with a paper, not edited.

Emelon

I stated in my post that Players would be REQUIRED to take a picture of whatever for the quest and have their VMK Username in the picture via piece of paper. must be with a paper, not edited.
What's stopping me from going to the parks and writing my username as well as 5 of my friends usernames and taking pictures with all of their usernames and us all getting prizes

What's stopping me from going to the parks and writing my username as well as 5 of my friends usernames and taking pictures with all of their usernames and us all getting prizes
The solution to this would be you would have to scan and email the quest page itself with your name written on it. Only one quest per email address would be accepted within a certain amount of time.

John

The original Vmk did this, and everyone seemed to love it. Its not like these quest would be giving out rare items. Its just something fun for the fans of this game to do when they are vacationing to the parks. These quest will be simple and wont need to really search for these items, you will eventually pass what your supposed to be looking for while your going to attraction to attraction in the parks.
Amy doesn't even live in America how is she supposed to create the quests?

Except I'm super poor and trying to get money to pay for college so can we not
same

Now you may ask who will create these, there's already enough demands, Amy is very busy etc. I would volunteer to make these in park quest. I currently go to Disneyland every other weekend Friday and Saturdays. If we could make this happen I would gladly go every Friday/Saturday for upcoming weeks to create new quest. I would just need a WDW partner to help me and maybe we could switch off every week. Maybe one week the quest are based on Disneyland and DCA and next week it would be based on WDW.

In addition to this I will make a quest this weekend and post it on these forums and see how everyone likes it.
Amy doesn't even live in America how is she supposed to create the quests?

same
Along with super and spaces help in WDW. And like stated before this was in the original vmk and no one complained.

I understood why there were In-Park quests in VMK. It was to generate more business for VMK, presumably by getting little kids to beg their parents to take them to the parks.

Now, this is just a recreation of VMK. It is not affiliated with Disney in any way. I see no reason for there to be In-Park quests.

Fiyero

Personally, I don't think they will go for this the way you have it set up because they're not going to make you apart of the Staff team just to go to Disney World/Disneyland and make these quests, which is what they'd be doing.

Also, I see a lot of flaws in this plan, such as people doing the quest for others. The great thing about how Disney did it was they could easily track you. They had VMK Central set up. You went in with your ticket and logged in to your account, no one elses. By going in with your ticket, they knew who you were and that you had already done the quests on your character.

As Regina said above, personally I see no reason to bring back the In-Park Quests, considering we are no longer together with the Disney Parks. I do admire your williness to help however, and you all are really creative so perhaps you have other ideas that will be much more usable.

This is so stupid, I'm sorry but we're not advertising for Disney. Don't try to make people spend money on 80$ tickets for a game item, that they want for nostalgic purposes. I'll just stick to spending my money, on stuff that barely makes me live day to day, like food and electric. This is possibly the worst idea i've heard, no offence. It's creative but you guys aren't realizing, that MVMK, isn't Disney. We don't need to go to Disney to get VMK items, that's totally wrong. They had a better reason to do it.

People nowadays have responsibilities in life like most of these college classmen, and they don't need to spend extra money to get an item they've wanted to have/own since 08.
(To clarify my earlier point)

Ty too @QueenRegina @Fiyero who mentioned this also and possibly others I haven't sene

This is so stupid, I'm sorry but we're not advertising for Disney. Don't try to make people spend money on 80$ tickets for a game item, that they want for nostalgic purposes. I'll just stick to spending my money, on stuff that barely makes me live day to day, like food and electric. This is possibly the worst idea i've heard, no offence. It's creative but you guys aren't realizing, that MVMK, isn't Disney. We don't need to go to Disney to get VMK items, that's totally wrong. They had a better reason to do it.

People nowadays have responsibilities in life like most of these college classmen, and they don't need to spend extra money to get an item they've wanted to have/own since 08.
(To clarify my earlier point)

Ty too @QueenRegina @Fiyero who mentioned this also and possibly others I haven't sene
Thats not the point, the reason for these quests is for when you and your family go on vacation, you can get an item for your vmk character. Not for you to spend $80 every 3 months. If you cannot afford to ever go because of college. Then trade in-game with people.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I don't think they will go for this the way you have it set up because they're not going to make you apart of the Staff team just to go to Disney World/Disneyland and make these quests, which is what they'd be doing.

Also, I see a lot of flaws in this plan, such as people doing the quest for others. The great thing about how Disney did it was they could easily track you. They had VMK Central set up. You went in with your ticket and logged in to your account, no one elses. By going in with your ticket, they knew who you were and that you had already done the quests on your character.

As Regina said above, personally I see no reason to bring back the In-Park Quests, considering we are no longer together with the Disney Parks. I do admire your williness to help however, and you all are really creative so perhaps you have other ideas that will be much more usable.
Once again. You must provide 11 pictures to get your virtual item, 10 for the quest, and 11th SHOWING YOUR PARK TICKET, CLEARLY SHOWING THE DATE AND TIME.
If people find loop holes, we will patch them. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

I understood why there were In-Park quests in VMK. It was to generate more business for VMK, presumably by getting little kids to beg their parents to take them to the parks.

Now, this is just a recreation of VMK. It is not affiliated with Disney in any way. I see no reason for there to be In-Park quests.
Anyways, were not affiliated with Disney, but its free advertising anyways, what do you think will happen when Amy releases all the virtual items from the original VMK? They'll make new items, just like the Angel Hat. Which will advertise Finding Dory, Monsters University and whatever else.

These are simple quests for players that go on vacation with their families or whoever, to spend a little time doing a quest and get an item on VMK.
If you cannot afford to go, you can always trade online. Simple.

The solution to this would be you would have to scan and email the quest page itself with your name written on it. Only one quest per email address would be accepted within a certain amount of time.
And on the 11th picture we could tell by all 5 pictures having the same bar code from the ticket.
you two completely missed my statement
I didn't think it would be necessary, but I will explain the process that someone could do to do these quests for not only themselves, but other people

Pineapple lives near Disney World, but his friends Banana, Lemon, and Dragonfruit do not.
They plead to him, "Please write our usernames on pieces of paper and do these in-park quests for us!"
And so, Pineapple writes all of their usernames in four different handwritings on different types of paper (something this storyteller can very easily do,) and takes the pictures with his Canon digital camera.
Through his gmail account, Pineapple e-mails Banana, Lemon, and Dragonfruit their individual sets of photos and they all finish the quest.

Sounds good in theory, but not so sure in practicality, as a there are quite a few people on here preoccupied with school, work, or a combination of both, sadly :/

you two completely missed my statement
I didn't think it would be necessary, but I will explain the process that someone could do to do these quests for not only themselves, but other people

Pineapple lives near Disney World, but his friends Banana, Lemon, and Dragonfruit do not.
They plead to him, "Please write our usernames on pieces of paper and do these in-park quests for us!"
And so, Pineapple writes all of their usernames in four different handwritings on different types of paper (something this storyteller can very easily do,) and takes the pictures with his Canon digital camera.
Through his gmail account, Pineapple e-mails Banana, Lemon, and Dragonfruit their individual sets of photos and they all finish the quest.
Okay. They would all need to send us a picture of their passholder/ticket, once we receive the sets of pictures from Pineapple, Banana, Lemon and Dragonfruit and see the Ticket is completely the same as the other 3, then we will investigate and possibly make their quests invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good in theory, but not so sure in practicality, as a there are quite a few people on here preoccupied with school, work, or a combination of both, sadly :/
When Disney had VMK Central, they didnt care if you couldnt come because of school or work.
Again, The point of these In-Park Quests isnt to make you spend $80 every 3 months to get EVERY SINGLE Item, but to get 1 every year when you go on vacation with your family.
You could always save up your money, like many people did when the OG VMK was open.

Fiyero

Once again. You must provide 11 pictures to get your virtual item, 10 for the quest, and 11th SHOWING YOUR PARK TICKET, CLEARLY SHOWING THE DATE AND TIME.

If people find loop holes, we will patch them. Simple as that.
They could easily use the tickets of others in their families and just say that they all went together. What I'm trying to show here is that this would be very, very easy to manipulate.

As I said, I think you guys have a good intention here, but it's just not being manifested in a realistic way.

I wrote a bit in a notebook to reply to this addressing the fact that we have to take a picture with the ticket, but it was addressed

it's easier to just have people have themselves in the pictures. if someone went to the park with a few wigs, makeup, and changes of clothes, I'd be surprised and they deserve to be congratulated for their effort. some people may go to they park by themselves, but random people in the park will likely be fine with taking a picture for them. it would just be up to the quest makers to not choose strange or difficult things to pose with

There might be a legal issue with this and Disneyland, as its not a part of Disneyland anymore. But then you also have to consider the fairness of it.. Not everyone has the money or availability to go to disneyland every 2 months. I think in game quests would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

[/QUOTE] When Disney had VMK Central, they didnt care if you couldnt come because of school or work.
Again, The point of these In-Park Quests isnt to make you spend $80 every 3 months to get EVERY SINGLE Item, but to get 1 every year when you go on vacation with your family.
You could always save up your money, like many people did when the OG VMK was open.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I havnt been to disneyland in over 2 years, and its not something that most families do once a year or even every 2-3 years, especially if you live far away from the parks. You may come from a very gifted family who can afford to do that, but most people dont.