In Park Quests?

Kiki

Maybe just to test it out. Require your Username written on your park ticket and taken a picture of that nearby one of the images required to be taken and geologged. But with any kind of advancement of technology, there is going to be the ones who ruin it. Spoof the geologging, print tickets and put names on them. Make fake sets or photoshop tickets on pictures.. possibilities are endless to how ways people can scam this system, shoot i even found a way to scam the VMK WDW system. All i did was have my friend who worked in the park print me 20-30 tickets at a time and turn in a bunch of quests throughout the day since i lived nearly 20 minutes from the park when the game was open.
I think you just use fingerprint now, no paper tickets? I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

We could do a type of Geo-caching -- using your gps on your phone! this would be fantastic! :thumbsup:
Geocaching FTW!!

pluto-pluto

So Mod! AKA Moderate Moderator
Maybe just to test it out. Require your Username written on your park ticket and taken a picture of that nearby one of the images required to be taken and geologged. But with any kind of advancement of technology, there is going to be the ones who ruin it. Spoof the geologging, print tickets and put names on them. Make fake sets or photoshop tickets on pictures.. possibilities are endless to how ways people can scam this system, shoot i even found a way to scam the VMK WDW system. All i did was have my friend who worked in the park print me 20-30 tickets at a time and turn in a bunch of quests throughout the day since i lived nearly 20 minutes from the park when the game was open.
There will always be people who find ways to take advantage of any system. That shouldn't mean the rest can't enjoy it! It's an unfortunate thing that it happens, that people scam a system like that, ruins many things for many people. I hope we can find a way to do something in park. It would be a really good time!

I was reading even with in park quests there were questions as to if there would be sharing of the information/prize papers....It seems some people are outright ready to have heartattacks at the mere thought that people help other players out. Maybe relax some? As was pointed out by Bird, you can set up the most sophisticated system and balance with checks....and still there would be a way to overcome that challenge. Not to mention with some of the ideas given to "keep players honest", many non-techy types who either would not be able to authenticate the items properly or at all. Remember, this is a game for 8 year olds.... Not all of them are up to the technological advances and their parents might not have a clue either. AND when was the last time you saw an 8-14 year old in charge of planning the family vacation? ;) This idea really puts those in demographic center of this game at a huge disadvantage.

Not in favor of this idea for a few reasons. The first was already listed above and by others. No REAL way to guarantee the results aren't tampered with. Another personal reason is due to finances, this would no longer be an option for my family to be able to do (at least for the foreseeable future) and we aren't that far from the park.

Another reason, is the entire reason for the in park quests was to bring people into the park. That was because it was a marketing technique for Disney. That is no longer the issue.

Now, I get that this was something some players who were able to do loved and I would hate to think they were losing out on a fav pastime....but if this was implemented, maybe there could be an alternative quest for those who are unable to visit the parks? As, there is no need to push people into the parks as Disney was trying to do....this is more along the lines of providing a way to give as many players the opportunities to enjoy the game, which I believe is one of the reasons Amy kept up with this project, if I'm not mistaken. Offering an alternative quest would allow more people the chance to get the items desired from quests.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with players helping players.....everywhere else on the forums that is what the majority of the community keeps saying....why not here then also???

pluto-pluto

So Mod! AKA Moderate Moderator
I was reading even with in park quests there were questions as to if there would be sharing of the information/prize papers....It seems some people are outright ready to have heartattacks at the mere thought that people help other players out. Maybe relax some? As was pointed out by Bird, you can set up the most sophisticated system and balance with checks....and still there would be a way to overcome that challenge. Not to mention with some of the ideas given to "keep players honest", many non-techy types who either would not be able to authenticate the items properly or at all. Remember, this is a game for 8 year olds.... Not all of them are up to the technological advances and their parents might not have a clue either. AND when was the last time you saw an 8-14 year old in charge of planning the family vacation? ;) This idea really puts those in demographic center of this game at a huge disadvantage.

Not in favor of this idea for a few reasons. The first was already listed above and by others. No REAL way to guarantee the results aren't tampered with. Another personal reason is due to finances, this would no longer be an option for my family to be able to do (at least for the foreseeable future) and we aren't that far from the park.

Another reason, is the entire reason for the in park quests was to bring people into the park. That was because it was a marketing technique for Disney. That is no longer the issue.

Now, I get that this was something some players who were able to do loved and I would hate to think they were losing out on a fav pastime....but if this was implemented, maybe there could be an alternative quest for those who are unable to visit the parks? As, there is no need to push people into the parks as Disney was trying to do....this is more along the lines of providing a way to give as many players the opportunities to enjoy the game, which I believe is one of the reasons Amy kept up with this project, if I'm not mistaken. Offering an alternative quest would allow more people the chance to get the items desired from quests.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with players helping players.....everywhere else on the forums that is what the majority of the community keeps saying....why not here then also???

Love the idea that there would be an alternate for those who can't get to the park! I just always loved the in park quests and would do them now even for no prize!

I don't have a problem with players helping out other players. I just don't want people just sitting at home getting things for nothing by mooching off the hard work of another player though if a player wants to go to the park and do the quest for someone else by all means just don't do it for everyone because then what is the point of doing them. Yeah we could do something for those that can't go to the parks themselves. Perhaps a quiz and if you get over a certain percentage you'd get a code. Though to limit abuse we could have the player enter his or her username and password to be allowed to take the quiz. Something like that? This can be discussed further. I want everyone to have an equal opportunity, but there has to be an equal challenge between something for those that can't go to the parks and those that can. Also the majority of the people that are going to play the game right now aren't going to be 8 - 14 year olds you have to remember that that was 5 years ago most of them have grown up. Most 8 - 14 years don't even know about the game.

Shane

It would be a lot of work to make this work, and there is no way to for-sure verify that the player was at the park.

We could do a type of Geo-caching -- using your gps on your phone! this would be fantastic! :thumbsup:
I've been Geo-caching before! However, this would require us to make an app that checks your GPS location, etc... It costs a lot of money to get an app on the iTunes store :P The other problem is, on most non-iPhone smartphones, you can fake the GPS location to make it seem like you're at a certain place.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
It would be a lot of work to make this work, and there is no way to for-sure verify that the player was at the park.

I've been Geo-caching before! However, this would require us to make an app that checks your GPS location, etc... It costs a lot of money to get an app on the iTunes store :P The other problem is, on most non-iPhone smartphones, you can fake the GPS location to make it seem like you're at a certain place.

Ive got a Dev License for Apple :) But Location Spoofers are in iOS too unfortunately.

This has been considered for AWHILE! Long ways to go!
Glad to hear that, Kevin! We did a couple of the in-park guided tours/quests when VMK was running. LOTS of fun! We had trivia questions to answer while we were riding the Jungle Cruise. Some won special code cards for in-game furniture or special rooms. Such a blast!