iPhone 5c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
For my birthday, I was thinking of taking my birthday money and also saving up some of my own to buy a pink iPhone 5c. I've never had an iPhone, so it's a little scary, because I don't want to waste my money on a phone I wont end up wanting. I've had the Galaxy s3 for almost a year now, but it's just starting to get really slow. It glitches, shuts itself off sometimes, and the charger jack is starting to get loose. I was just wondering what you guys think, is it worth it? Is the camera good, the screen, the sound. IM SO SCARED. help me ;-;

PudgeTheFish

I switched from a Galaxy S3 to an Iphone 5s. I will never go back. Any phone eventually stops working perfectly after having it for a while. I would get one if I were you. I love Iphones :)

mark

10 mins late to everything
ewe galaxy ive been having galaxy versions for like 2 years and never liked it, im still waiting for that iphone @_@ just know in iphone, youre slightly more limited than a galaxy but who rlly cares if u have a homescreen thats shaped like a circle or is by google

Sherd

Game of Gainz
Ive had an iPhone 5 for about 3 years now, Ive had no issues with it at all, my friend got an iPhone 5c laster year and has liked it

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
phone are overrated
have this instead
RING RING RING RING RING RING RING, BANANA PHONE!!!

Anyways, I have an iPhone 5c, I've had two actually. The first one I got for Christmas in 2013, then in January this year, my former friend broke the antenna that's inside the phone (she literally pressed down on the phone so hard it broke) and I was able to replace it. It's a really good phone for it's price, and the camera & sound is really good also. The only few flaws it has is that the camera doesn't have slow-mo mode like its successor (iPhone 5s and up), the chip it uses is the Apple A6 which is slower (not really) than the iPhone 5s's A7 chip but I honestly think both the 5c & 5s runs at the same speed. Finally, if you tend to drop your phone a lot, a case is highly recommended cause the phone is fragile, just buy an otterbox off of ebay (they're cheap and brand new so it's a good buy.) Overall I think you should get it but it's not my choice of course. Hope this helps and happy birthday!

EDIT: The 5c's now only run on 8GB of storage (I have a 16GB) so if you're not a person who needs a lot of storage then get this phone, if not then get a 5s or even possibly a 6.

Last edited:

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
RING RING RING RING RING RING RING, BANANA PHONE!!!

Anyways, I have an iPhone 5c, I've had two actually. The first one I got for Christmas in 2013, then in January this year, my former friend broke the antenna that's inside the phone (she literally pressed down on the phone so hard it broke) and I was able to replace it. It's a really good phone for it's price, and the camera & sound is really good also. The only few flaws it has is that the camera doesn't have slow-mo mode like its successor (iPhone 5s and up), the chip it uses is the Apple A6 which is slower (not really) than the iPhone 5s's A7 chip but I honestly think both the 5c & 5s runs at the same speed. Finally, if you tend to drop your phone a lot, a case is highly recommended cause the phone is fragile, just buy an otterbox off of ebay (they're cheap and brand new so it's a good buy.) Overall I think you should get it but it's not my choice of course. Hope this helps and happy birthday!

EDIT: The 5c's now only run on 8GB of storage (I have a 16GB) so if you're not a person who needs a lot of storage then get this phone, if not then get a 5s or even possibly a 6.
I think I am gonna get it. 8GB should be enough for me. I don't really download a lot of apps ^_^

Thank you everyone who has commented c:

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
Oh and sound is good too! I mean I never been more happy with any other phone but iphones
Definitely gonna get it. I think the thing i'm gonna miss about my Galaxy is I can drop it 15 times and it has no scratches. An old Galaxy I had wouldn't break till I smashed it with a hammer. I kept throwing it on the pavement and nothing happened .-.

Whispered

I think I am gonna get it. 8GB should be enough for me. I don't really download a lot of apps ^_^

Thank you everyone who has commented c:
I'll just throw in my 2 cents: the iPhone C is meant to be cheap. As such, it feels cheep, runs cheap, and is overall cheaper.

Yes, that's a bad thing. Especially since the backend for iOS keeps getting more processor intensive, the C will begin having troubles running things.

Also, 8GB sounds like a lot of space, but remember that the OS takes up over half of that, and you'll probably be left with only about 2.5-3 GB of space for apps/etc.

Furthermore, Apple has a history of not fixing security issues with iPhones and Macs. I wouldn't trust an apple product with any remotely personal information, ever. Just look at the celebrity *pictures* hack that happened, the hacks of ApplePay/etc., and Mac. Furthermore, when security issues are brought to their attention, they don't even recognize them. Much less admit they were at fault and fix them.

I wouldn't go with an iPhone - go with the newest Galaxy you can afford.

Not gonna lie I had the s3 and I had the same exact problems.
Im more of a fan of android tho so its up to you if you wanna get the iphone.
But if this helps I have the note 3 and its 100x better.

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
I love my iPhone 5c! But I'm getting an upgrade so I'll suggest if you want an iPhone go newer because of th updates.
i cant afford a newer version. after my birthday I have to start saving for Brady and Jessicas birthdays ;-;

I would save up for the 6 (or whatever's coming after it, depending on how long you want to wait). I love my 6, after switching from the Nexus 4, it's wayyy better.

Definitely gonna get it. I think the thing i'm gonna miss about my Galaxy is I can drop it 15 times and it has no scratches. An old Galaxy I had wouldn't break till I smashed it with a hammer. I kept throwing it on the pavement and nothing happened .-.
Yeah its tight! but ooooooooooooooooo well i got a cute blue nature hard case for mine o.o so maybe get hard case? just be careful xD

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
I would save up for the 6 (or whatever's coming after it, depending on how long you want to wait). I love my 6, after switching from the Nexus 4, it's wayyy better.
I don't wanna wait till winter ;-; and tbh I like the 5c's better just bc the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.