Is it bad to just want to give stuff away?

Catastrophe

Mrs. Boba Fett
I do this all the time. I sit in the trade rooms to see what people ask for and I normally just trade them and give it to them. Their reaction is way better than me getting an item I don't really care for. I've given people countless GC's, cowboy pants, rare pins, full princess... I don't know, it makes my heart happy.

My first bud on MVMK JohnMagic, not only updated me on the new VMK and what was going on, bu gave me full set of pins and an invisibility pin. Its great people like that who motivate others to do a good deed!
Everyone here who gives free stuff to random players, or even friends, is not only giving a gift but starting a ripple effect of giving lol.

Mademoiselle

My first bud on MVMK JohnMagic, not only updated me on the new VMK and what was going on, bu gave me full set of pins and an invisibility pin. Its great people like that who motivate others to do a good deed!
Everyone here who gives free stuff to random players, or even friends, is not only giving a gift but starting a ripple effect of giving lol.
I liked how you described that; a ripple effect. That's pretty much why I decided to post the thread, so we could all share and hopefully not just stop the whole scamming issue but maybe even do a complete 180 where we're constantly helping each other :)

That isn't wrong at all!! I do it all the time!! I actually just gave one of my Daisy pins away like 5 minutes ago! If I have stuff I don't need or want, I try to give it to newer people or, with the ride pins, to people who haven't had much luck!

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
Yep, I tend to give a lot. I just like helping newbies since we all can relate to starting out with nothing. I like giving to people on their birthdays as well, along with just for fun when I see some good character or just have some extras :)

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
I love to help out not only new players but just people who are in need of something. If you need a certain item and I have an extra, of course I'll give it to you! It's great to see that so many people are helping out others without getting anything in return.
Just the other day I was waiting to do a trade with someone to give them water slide pieces, and a girl came into the room and sent me a trade request. As soon as I opened it she asks "Would you happen to have anything you don't want?" I could tell she was new, and not a clone, so I decided to give her some of my extra pins. Since I LOVE pins I had quite a few multiples that I was going to save for a lanyard, but gave them away because I have more of a chance getting a hold of more than a newer player does.
I had a rough start with the game because I didn't really have anything, so it's great to help out others and save them from being stuck in the same spot for forever. :)

Im_a_warrior

That's a nice thing to do. especially if the person is new and has nothing. Like me.. LOL

So I got my 3rd Daisy pin from the dark rides today, and I sat there wondering what I would do with them. I decided that I'd just wait around and eventually trade them if they ever became rare. As I was sharing the stone with another player, she eventually pulled a prize and I got a little ticked bc my immediate thought was, "Man! That could've been me!" But I congratulated her anyway and asked what she got. She asked if I was trying to pull for Donald (I guess she had seen my displayed pins) and I asked if she was still looking for a Daisy. Well, I decided to just give up one of my Daisy's for free. Now, I'm not posting this bc I want brownie points of any kind, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who does this? I've seen some of you trying to help others with the slide contest and sometimes giving things out when you just have too much of it; but have you met just a random player around and decided, what the heck?
I love giving stuff to those who don't have that much. It makes me feel happy.

Jenni

I just joined two days ago, and some people started giving me random things. And honestly, it warms my heart that there are people so generous, and the fact that they remember how hard it is to start from scratch when some people are wandering around with 1 million credits worth of rare items.

I'm Jenni in MyVMK! Feel free to say hi; I love meeting new people!

I love giving my extra pins away! knowing I've helped someone and put a smile on their face is one of the greatest feelings ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1404377799][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just joined two days ago, and some people started giving me random things. And honestly, it warms my heart that there are people so generous, and the fact that they remember how hard it is to start from scratch when some people are wandering around with 1 million credits worth of rare items.

I'm Jenni in MyVMK! Feel free to say hi; I love meeting new people!
Welcome to Myvmk, and the forums! If you have any questions about anything send me a message and ill gladly help you!

laurenmaryx

I recently joined myVMK on Sunday when I stumbled upon it. I am so happy that there are plenty of great people on this website to ask questions to and even receive items from. Randomly in a trade room today I was given a Daisy and Mickey pin. It was so sweet!