Is This What MyVMK Has Come To..?

GoddessAthena

It saddens me to see the in the past month or so I have seen and experienced cyber bullying on MyVMK. I am extremely disappointed that this amazing community has turned into basically an online middle school. Most people come on here to relive their childhood and escape from reality and it's really hurtful when other people try to bring you down. I really hope that this problem can be contained. Cyber bullying comes with any website but to see so much on a website that was originally aimed for children is sick. Please remember to be nice to others and report to the staff immediately if you see any instances of cyber bullying.

*Just because you're not saying it to someone's face doesn't mean it will hurt any less!*

captmrose

Documented Disney Freak
Madeline, Please don't let the idiots deter you from having fun. There is a report button available on every character... don't be afraid to use it if someone or several ppl are acting inappropriately and that includes bullying... We as a community have to speak up if we are in a guest room or a public room and we see this occurring. I pledge to always do this... and have done it in the past! Find me in game! I am always looking for good people to hang with ! :)

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
I too have experienced cyber-bullying on the game. I personally don't understand the point of it. Because in all honesty it just makes those people look rather pathetic.

People cyber bully to let their feelings out on other people, without having to actually physically do something. People who bully most likely have problems in their real life, and they go on the internet and let it all out on other people. Although that's not good at all, you should try to be friends with those people. They need someone to help them, that's the reason they bully. Now this isn't for every case but I've seen this in most cases, some of my best friends have come from them bullying be, and then me giving them some love <3

GoddessAthena

People cyber bully to let their feelings out on other people, without having to actually physically do something. People who bully most likely have problems in their real life, and they go on the internet and let it all out on other people. Although that's not good at all, you should try to be friends with those people. They need someone to help them, that's the reason they bully. Now this isn't for every case but I've seen this in most cases, some of my best friends have come from them bullying be, and then me giving them some love <3
I don't agree with this. I am dealing with anxiety, depression, and chronic nausea and I have never taken my problems out on other people. Bullying to bring people down to your level is so wrong.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm so sorry that you've been going through this. But I'm just saying that it's kind of always been this way, even if you go back to OVMK last year. There will always be rude people in this game, which absolutely sucks! But if you ever need a friend, or just someone to talk to, I'm always here. (:

I don't agree with this. I am dealing with anxiety, depression, and chronic nausea and I have never taken my problems out on other people. Bullying to bring people down to your level is so wrong.
I never said it was right, and I said that it's not like this for everyone, what I said comes from personal experience.

mattt

Bullying has always been a relevant part of many lives because people like taking home issues out on others rather than speaking to a respectable adult, such as guidance counselors or psychiatrists, to talk about any issues. With the ever so rapidly evolution of technology, I believe that it is easier for those individuals to bully people, not necessarily because of issues, but just because they can do it behind a screen without consequences. Does there need to be a motive? No. Technology just creates a freedom to do or say anything "just because one feels like it." It's sad that this would translate into a kids game, with a majority of us being in adulthood, or rather close to being an adult. It's pathetic in my eyes.

All I can say is I understand the feeling, and it is also really awkward at times to see the faces you once adore so much become something that you now stray from, and try to avoid because you don't want to conflict any further... Anyways as I've seen so far I've haven't seen any cyber bulling! anyways thanks for mentioning this will defiantly help those who are here to help keep both eyes wide open for anything like this to come up in the near future!

RinaBear

It saddens me to see the in the past month or so I have seen and experienced cyber bullying on MyVMK. I am extremely disappointed that this amazing community has turned into basically an online middle school. Most people come on here to relive their childhood and escape from reality and it's really hurtful when other people try to bring you down. I really hope that this problem can be contained. Cyber bullying comes with any website but to see so much on a website that was originally aimed for children is sick. Please remember to be nice to others and report to the staff immediately if you see any instances of cyber bullying.

*Just because you're not saying it to someone's face doesn't mean it will hurt any less!*
I completely 100% agree.. It's funny you think you come here to have a good time and be surrounded by a community who is helpful and nice, but it's really sad when you come across those who just laugh and are not helpful at all.. I try my hardest to be nice even when I come across the occasional bully, I just have to ignore it honestly. It's too bad some want to ruin the fun for others! :blue:

Ginney

i agree it is sad when you come across those people who are really rude. honestly, i think some of the people in this game take it too far. I've personally witnessed people getting bullied on this game and some of these people don't realize how much they hurt the other person. Its not that simple to just ignore a person. people who have never been bullied may not realize just how devastating it can be. As madeline said some of us even have our own problems but you don't see us taking it out on other people. i myself suffer from depression and anxiety from the passing of my sister. With that being said when people are put behind a keyboard they can be really mean. And honestly i feel sorry for them. The fact that they have to lower someone else's self esteem is just cruel. yea you can ignore them but honestly thats just gonna make them want to do it more. Over time they may just stop but as of right now they probably wont.

Last edited:

asyuna

I am no longer going to play this game due to this reason. I wish you all the best!
I, along with i'm sure many more, would hate to see you leave because of the immaturity and heartless behavior from some other players, but I do understand that if something affects you in a negative way that you have every right to push it away.
I read what you said and years and years ago I too had a huge issue with anxiety, depression, and chronic nausea, whats worse is that i'm also an emetophobic(intense fear of vomiting), so it affected my life greatly for a long while. In high school I was also cyber bullied, bullied at school, and harassed by the same girl and her friends every day. I had to be pulled out of school and put on independent studies because of it, and it made all my issues so much worse. But im here now, 4 years later, in the most absolute greatest place I could be in! It sounds like we could have some things in common, so if you ever want to talk, dont hesitate to PM me!
And if you happen to want to give MyVMK another chance, I would love to meet up with you and become friends! :)
Stay strong!!

GoddessAthena

I, along with i'm sure many more, would hate to see you leave because of the immaturity and heartless behavior from some other players, but I do understand that if something affects you in a negative way that you have every right to push it away.
I read what you said and years and years ago I too had a huge issue with anxiety, depression, and chronic nausea, whats worse is that i'm also an emetophobic(intense fear of vomiting), so it affected my life greatly for a long while. In high school I was also cyber bullied, bullied at school, and harassed by the same girl and her friends every day. I had to be pulled out of school and put on independent studies because of it, and it made all my issues so much worse. But im here now, 4 years later, in the most absolute greatest place I could be in! It sounds like we could have some things in common, so if you ever want to talk, dont hesitate to PM me!
And if you happen to want to give MyVMK another chance, I would love to meet up with you and become friends! :)
Stay strong!!
To be honest this post really made my day.