It has caught my attention....

Hello there,

Now, I know that I am no spokesperson, nor am I a preacher, but neither am I someone to sit back and watch the way that some of you on here are treating each other.

Firstly, if you had any respect for the staff that took the time to re-create and bring us back a game that pretty much resembled a section of our childhood. You would show it, rather than just say it.

Now, obviously this message doesn't go to everyone. And I'm only writing this, because it baffles me to think that certain individual human beings are being so rude and nasty to others, on a virtual game.

I mean... is this how you treat people in real life? Because if it is, then... gg.

But, I don't think that you go around being nasty to strangers throughout your daily lives. So, why do it here?

I think that you need to chill out and just enjoy the refreshing memories of VMK -
Rather than getting all uptight on your virtual richness compared to others virtual pixels... maybe do something good, and use this game for better intentions, rather than letting your real life anger affect other people's moods.

Don't you feel great when you make someone's day? Isn't it a fulfilling feeling to know that you probably just made someone smile.

So bring some peace in to your situations and don't fight on a virtual game. It's strange, and it's irrational. Cut the B.S., the judgements and all the negativity - and start sharing the love.

Because if you can't do it on a virtual game, how on earth to you expect better changes to be made in real life?

You are the master of your own destiny.

So, with that, I hope you take the time to consider the way you may have treated certain individuals on here, and learn the code of conduct on being a human being. I also hope that you realize that this is a game for everyone and anyone, and it is certainly not a virtual high school.

PEACE & love.

- JUNO

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think the problem is that so many people here are really only here for themselves and make their decisions based on what's best for them rather than what's best for others. And, several people have blantantly admitted to not caring about hurting other people's feelings because it's "amusing" to them personally. I don't really think there's a way to fix this. I do think people need to stop being so cowardly when it comes to bullying. If you see someone being harassed, don't just stand there. It's your duty as a human being to stand up for those who are in need. Support those in need!! Don't just stand and watch because you're scared of intervening.

I mean... is this how you treat people in real life? Because if it is, then... gg.
Haha absolutely not because 100% of the despicable behavior that goes on here wouldn't be tolerated by our society or government. Half these members would be rotting behind bars if they treated people in real life the same way they do hereh. People feel free to display intolerable behavior here because there's really no real world consequences. If there were, hahaha....myVMK would be a very different place.

Last edited:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
This kind of behavior can be seen in nearly every game out there. While there's no way to permanently prevent it, you can still report the players violating the rules - that's as good as it is going to get.

Princess_Stitch

A Princess of Sorts
Amen!

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is also happening in the real world. We're living in a world that's rapidly becoming more selfish/egoistic/arrogant (and ignorant) and people, online and off, are being consumed in this "me, me, me" mindset, caring only about their own self importance and not about the (REAL) people they hurt along the way. These people are engulfed in hatred and negativity, which in turn makes their (over-dramatic) response to an opinion they don't agree with very rude and disrespectful. Social media has given people a false sense of power, which seems to carry on in all aspects of their lives. It seems that people are forgetting to use their internal filters and control their impulses. Defending oneself by bullying/intimidating people online for whatever reason is becoming second nature, and attacking someone for amusement is becoming a common pastime. Unfortunately again, people on the receiving end often decide to fight fire with fire and give the bully exactly what they wanted - attention. All in all, this makes the experience extremely unpleasant to anyone trying to enjoy the game. ...which is what we're supposed to do, right? Well, then why are we fighting in the first place? :table: Will wrongly judging and treating others badly benefit you in the future? Naw. Actually, it's quite the opposite, considering your hyped-up stress levels are weakening your body and mind. Happy people live longer! :shrug: What goes around comes back around.

If you're ever bullied or harassed in-game, PLEASE just report, ignore, and leave it at that. Take a deep breath, go back to enjoying yourself, and spread your own kindness. :D Never stoop to their level. We can't rid the game of all the bad apples and hungry caterpillars, but we can fight back through our own peace, dignity, and understanding. We have the ability to shut out the negativity and bring the M back into VMK. (that's cheesy, but...cheese is delicious :thumbsup:) Every kind word, good deed, and selfless act is one step closer to making VMK more enjoyable for all. Ignore the haters and spread the love. It's simple. (:

"Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through the peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge, and through humane ways."

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Amen!

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is also happening in the real world. We're living in a world that's rapidly becoming more selfish/egoistic/arrogant (and ignorant) and people, online and off, are being consumed in this "me, me, me" mindset, caring only about their own self importance and not about the (REAL) people they hurt along the way. These people are engulfed in hatred and negativity, which in turn makes their (over-dramatic) response to an opinion they don't agree with very rude and disrespectful. Social media has given people a false sense of power, which seems to carry on in all aspects of their lives. It seems that people are forgetting to use their internal filters and control their impulses. Defending oneself by bullying/intimidating people online for whatever reason is becoming second nature, and attacking someone for amusement is becoming a common pastime. Unfortunately again, people on the receiving end often decide to fight fire with fire and give the bully exactly what they wanted - attention. All in all, this makes the experience extremely unpleasant to anyone trying to enjoy the game. ...which is what we're supposed to do, right? Well, then why are we fighting in the first place? :table: Will wrongly judging and treating others badly benefit you in the future? Naw. Actually, it's quite the opposite, considering your hyped-up stress levels are weakening your body and mind. Happy people live longer! :shrug: What goes around comes back around.

If you're ever bullied or harassed in-game, PLEASE just report, ignore, and leave it at that. Take a deep breath, go back to enjoying yourself, and spread your own kindness. :D Never stoop to their level. We can't rid the game of all the bad apples and hungry caterpillars, but we can fight back through our own peace, dignity, and understanding. We have the ability to shut out the negativity and bring the M back into VMK. (that's cheesy, but...cheese is delicious :thumbsup:) Every kind word, good deed, and selfless act is one step closer to making VMK more enjoyable for all. Ignore the haters and spread the love. It's simple. (:

"Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through the peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge, and through humane ways."
Honestly that was so beautiful and inspirational and by far the most insightful and meaningful post we've had on here in months. Thank you for your wisdom, Stitch. I agree with everything you said. You seem like a kind person and as you said, what goes around comes back around and one day you will be repaid for your kindness.

All I can say is never let yourself continue to be the victim. That means knowing when to let it be and move on. Whenever you feel like you're in a heated situation or predicament, give yourself enough time to calm down and reassess if this jerk or perhaps just a bad experience/misunderstanding in communication is really worth getting your knickers in a twist. You'll only be hurting yourself if you hold a grudge or negative feelings against someone. Talk about a time waster. I know it's easier said than done especially when someone attacks you personally, but you only really have control of how you feel and what you do after.

Hopefully any bullying or harassment problems caused by anyone in-game will be reported and taken care of by staff as soon as possible. As for people's attitudes in general, I mean you can't really force some people to care or be more sensitive about other's feelings or feel bad about what they do or say no matter how hard you try to make them understand or how much you try to raise awareness/vent about it which understandably yes it is helpful to a certain extent, but doesn't always necessarily resolve the problem because the real problem is usually internal. You only have so much energy and time in life, use it to take care of yourself and the others who matter in your life. Anyway it's a shame for those who have felt victimized in-game or in real life who don't deserve it. Hope they work it out and remember there's other people and things better worth their time.

Thanks guys for all the beautiful positive and honest responses to this thread..

I am not the one who is being personally victimized or virtually bullied in any way shape or form..
But thank you for the advice, and I hope that those that are struggling can find that right track!

Respect.

VampireBoy

It is really ridiculous the behavior that is happening on this site but yes I have to admit the behavior is no better in real life because we now live in a world full of a bunch of B.S. and lots of arrogant and self centered people that care only about themselves. Seriously though I do think that things need to be moderated more better in game because if we remember how things were on the old VMK you basically couldn't get away with nothing without being banned. Now I am not saying they should be extremely strict like it was on the old VMK I am just saying a lot of the behavior on this website is ridiculous and I am honestly getting sick and tired of dealing with it. A majority of people I knew from the old VMK have actually quit the website because they were sick of dealing with all the bull ******** happing on this site and I honestly don't blame them. Sadly a majority of the people on this site and no its not everyone but a majority of the people on here are immature and think they can say or do whatever the heck they want whether it being cursing or talking inappropriately or just being plain rude towards people on here. I know we are just supposed to ignore or report people but no offence that does not seem to be working very well and basically we just want someone to put a stop to this behavior period because its getting ridiculous. That's basically all I have to say in my opinion and I really hope these problems do get fixed over time but I am really tired of it all and now I just try to stay away from public rooms to avoid it.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
It's so freaking horrible, I know. It's been this way ever since OVMK and it doesn't appear as if anyone want's to change their ways. If they don't like the way the Dream Month prizes were given out it's an "OUTRAGE". I thought you liked Dream Month, and it may not be the same as it once was but if you don't get as many items as all of your friends I think life will go on. Everyone just needs to calm down for a change, but I know that won't happen. I know you all have the right to your own opinion, but it isn't shown in a respectful way 90% of the time.

Last edited:

Finland

Active Troublemaker
The best thing about people being mean on the internet is that it's that much easier to ignore. They can literally only get to you if you choose to let them.

captmrose

Documented Disney Freak
Maybe if I say it one more time... Crappy players only win if you let them get under your skin... There are hundreds of wonderful people in this game, many of whom I have on my friends list and many whom I have just observed being awesome. When someone's being a jerk... IGNORE them... if they continue, REPORT them, and then FORGET them! Three rules of online gaming.... Remember, what goes around comes around and you will see people move away from them eventually. If someone's giving you a hard time, find me, I'll put myself between you and whoever it is everytime! NOW get out there and have some fun people!