Job Interview Advice/Tips

Hey, so I've been applying to places and finally heard back from the manager from a store I really like! Does anyone have any advice? How was your job interview experience? I only have the night before to prepare, but that's enough time I guess. I'd appreciate any help and tips. Thanks!

T

Torchy

First impressions are crucial. When you go, make sure your body language is constantly upbeat and positive. Shake his/her hand at the beginning and end of your interview. Thank him/her for considering you. Just remember that you'll be selling yourself. You need to PROVE that you would be a positive addition to their staff. Verbiage is also a good thing to keep in mind. Avoid "uh, umms...." and silence. Sometimes interviewers may throw tough questions at you, but don't let it scare you. Use words like "Absolutely, of course" instead of saying "okay" repeatedly. Address him/her as "Yes sir" or "Yes ma'am." That said, you should be golden. Good luck to you!

Quicksilver

Moderator Maximoff
I would google some standard interview questions and make sure I know what answers I want to give before I head into the interview.
Also, another tip is to make sure you have at least 3 copies of your resume in case it is a panel interview.
Make sure you have your references with you also.
Arrive at least 10-15 minutes early.
You can also ask the interviewer to reword or rephrase any interview questions if you are unsure (also buys you some time to think).

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
If there is a receptionist talk with them. Ask them about some of of the jobs they are working on if . Be natural. I worked in an office on reception and I was asked all the time what I thought about a possible hire. Even if it was for a much high up job. Because how you will fit into a team is what matters to them. How you treat everyone you come in contact with will matter.

Hardest question to answer are what to you think are you weak points. Do not fidget. Be honest and most important look them in the eyes. Smiling also is important :) Good Luck

Hypnotic

Shake hands as soon as you meet them. Be confident, but not overly confident. (Even if you are nervous) Eye contact and smiling is very important. You dont want to have no eye contact. Also, if there are employees around make sure to talk to them too. Arrive 15 minutes early & make sure you dress clean and neat!(Pretty obvious tho!)

I'll be sure to make a good impression and prepare my answers to probable questions asked by the manager as best as possible! Thanks for the advice :)

UPDATE: Hired on the spot :D

If anyone else wishes to provide any more useful information on the topic or share their own interview experience, don't hesitate to do so. Others may benefit from the insight and knowledge. I'm sure if any other job seekers have any questions or need help someone else may be able to provide a good answer, so feel free to ask. You can also PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited: