Joints

Well, I've been experiencing really bad joint pain for the last week or two, and it's starting to really bother me. The main problem is my knees, and my jaw. But I also have a lot of pain in my back, my shoulders, and my ankles. It hurts so much that I can barely eat, and barely walk. Every morning I have to climb up stairs to get to my classroom, and it is extremely hard. I'm visiting the doctor in a few days, and I have been resting a lot. I also have taken pain relief (which doesn't really effect me anymore, I believe I've become immune), and I'm still having problems. I don't know if it's something that could potentially effect my mobility or if it's nothing, but I can't stand it. Before I visit the doctor, I was wondering if anyone might have a clue what the problem could be? And if so, how I could get better? I recently recovered from Plantar Fasciitis in my foot, and now this. Could it just be growing pains? Or what? :question:

Has this been gradually getting worse or did you just all of the sudden start hurting? Also, how active are you (do you play sports, run, etc.)?

I have a lot of joint pains, mainly from my hips down, from being in sports and then marching band. Mine isn't constant but when it presents itself, it is crippling. This could be a possibility for the cause for you if you're active and such. The opposite is also true, could be cause from not moving enough.

The only things I really know of that might help besides pain meds are braces and Icy Hot type things. Sorry I can't help much further :/

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
It could be so many things. Even your back being out of position can cause everything to go out of whack. You are best to just tell the Doctor your symptoms. For the next few days before you see him/her write down all you symptoms. You may say I can remember them all but it is amazing how much we forget to say when we get there.

Keep a journal of your day. How your pain was when you got up. Each hour or when something you do aggravates it more or makes it hurt less. You never know what small clue it may be. Also write down what you are eating. Certain foods could also affect you.

Sorry you are dealing with so much pain. I totally understand. Hugs

i was born without a thyroid which gives me a lot of health issues, joint pain being one of them. maybe you should have your thyroid tested?

It could be a few things. I've had my share with aches and pains.
If you have growth a good bit in the past year, I'd say it is probably linked to growing pains. If you're an athlete and fail to stretch properly before and after exercise, something could easily be out of whack. I saw someone mention above that if something is off, so is everything else. That is totally true. Sometimes a runner could have knee pain because their quads are weaker than their knees. Or a runner could have knee pain because their calves are tight.
I probably didn't help at all, but I would stay calm. I've been everywhere on the injury scale and I tend to over-exaggerate. Just go to the doctor and he/she will tell you better than any of us can!

CourtiiPop

I've had Lupus since I was 9. Lupus is an autoimmune disease which effects pretty much every system in your body. While I've had it most my life, I was only diagnosed about 7 years ago. I've been taking chemo ever since. I understand joint pain and all that. If you ever want to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM. Hopefully, the doctor will help and you can find some relief. Don't mess around with joint pain. Your body is telling you something is wrong. Please listen to it! Hugs <3

Sent from my iPhone

allison

I feel ya. I have been having really bad knee pain for a few months now, idk. I think it's because I consume little to no calcium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of things it can be but I wouldn't suggest jumping to any extremes it could be something as simple as your back being misaligned causing your joints to hurt.. I would definitely have them do a blood test to check for auto immune markers and anything else it could be tho.. Maybe see if they can send you to an orthopedic doctor as they specialize in joints and bones..

Also, this is a rare thing but I've had it happen to me, have you had strep throat in the past couple months, or well most correctly thought you had strep but maybe had a test come back negative? A kid I used to dance with had strep settle into his arm, I don't remember if it was his elbow or his shoulder? But they found it in a blood test and he was on antibiotics for like 3 months & I had it happen where it settled into my foot and my entire foot would be messed up and it had all the signs of like having a fracture and it took them forever to figure it out... I'm not saying this is what it is at all, but its a possibility I suppose!