Judges for the Float Competition

Horse

I think Schweetz was the person placing the flags, not necessarily judging. I was in my Float room when the game had a furniture update and the flag appeared shortly thereafter. OT, it's a really cute flag this year!

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Schweetz did all the flag placing, but we all had a part in the judging process! :hug:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I know there must have been many staff away so what does process mean. How many judged, because normally it is the hosts that judge the rooms. Has this procees changed? Also, I do not like the idea that we do not know who judged our rooms. There is something special when a host comes in and really enjoys what you built. Did hosts physically enter the room and enjoy the surroundings, or just pop in take a look and leave? Would help to know the process. This processed seemed to fast to really do the job that normally would take a few weeks to decide. So just trying to understand how the process is different from what Amy has told us before on how the rooms are judged. That way we are prepared for next competition.

Last edited:
There was no flag placed in my room either! I know I for entered so I am confused to what happened :-( Although, everyone who placed did an amazing job! I loved all of the winners rooms!

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I know there must have been many staff away so what does process mean. How many judged, because normally it is the hosts that judge the rooms. Has this procees changed? Also, I do not like the idea that we do not know who judged our rooms. There is something special when a host comes in and really enjoys what you built. Did hosts physically enter the room and enjoy the surroundings, or just pop in take a look and leave? Would help to know the process. This processed seemed to fast to really do the job that normally would take a few weeks to decide. So just trying to understand how the process is different from what Amy has told us before on how the rooms are judged. That way we are prepared for next competition.
Some of us were away, yes. But there was a group of 7 of us, Hosts and Mods, apart of the judging! It was a fast process, but we were up all day, and very late into the night doing it so we did put time into our decisions. We went into everyone's rooms, looked around and enjoyed it, and once we were done, we take a picture. Once we've visited all the rooms and took a picture, the pictures are upload to a document that all of us can look at. There we do the voting. Now, the pictures of the rooms have no name attached, just to keep it as fair as we can. Our votes are also kept anonymous so there's no telling who voted for who. So in conclusion, we all saw each room. It was just Schweetz going back and placing the flag. :hearts::paw:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
May I make a suggestion so that all players are on the same page. This was a float competition. For all who tried to build a float, many found how hard it was to build in such a small space. When you make a contest, please let people know what you want them to build. There is much confusion now, as we can see some rooms won that to the normal definition of what a float should be, are not a float. This confusion need not be if you are up front at the beginning of the competition that a float is a float. Or a float is anything that floats, etc.

Also what you look at in a room. Like how is it designed, are the parts clean and neat, colourful, use of unique objects, new idea, type of room, how complicated, was they a ride or other sepcial feature, effort and time, were new items used from this year, it is what you asked for. for example holiday, theme Float, etc. Yes some of those rooms are beautiful but to most of the players they are not a float. Why tell people to build a float and it no be the case. Did you go with anything with water too?

Please really work on communicating with the players. Then when the contest is over there is less confusion and upset. Each competition I see less and less good builders building because they just give up. Also, having staff vote anonymous is not a good thing either. Why? Because we all know that much of the staff are friends. How can you as a group tell if something does not look right and hold each other accountable. We do not need to know what staff voted for each float. That would be wrong. But you as the leadership of the game need to hold each person to integrity and transparency. If you loose this the game has no hope.

May I make a suggestion so that all players are on the same page. This was a float competition. For all who tried to build a float, many found how hard it was to build in such a small space. When you make a contest, please let people know what you want them to build. There is much confusion now, as we can see some rooms won that to the normal definition of what a float should be, are not a float. This confusion need not be if you are up front at the beginning of the competition that a float is a float. Or a float is anything that floats, etc.

Also what you look at in a room. Like how is it designed, are the parts clean and neat, colourful, use of unique objects, new idea, type of room, how complicated, was they a ride or other sepcial feature, effort and time, were new items used from this year, it is what you asked for. for example holiday, theme Float, etc. Yes some of those rooms are beautiful but to most of the players they are not a float. Why tell people to build a float and it no be the case. Did you go with anything with water too?

Please really work on communicating with the players. Then when the contest is over there is less confusion and upset. Each competition I see less and less good builders building because they just give up. Also, having staff vote anonymous is not a good thing either. Why? Because we all know that much of the staff are friends. How can you as a group tell if something does not look right and hold each other accountable. We do not need to know what staff voted for each float. That would be wrong. But you as the leadership of the game need to hold each person to integrity and transparency. If you loose this the game has no hope.
I agree! I made my room with a float in it and decorated around it like it was actually in a parade with people (toy soldiers) walking next to the float. I tried to make look like what watching a parade looked like, but clearly it wasn't good enough. I will admit that after the last competition, I only spent 30 - 35 minutes building my float because I just don't care anymore. I know now after so many competitions that I will never win. The only time I've won a runner-up or better was during a group competitions. I see myself putting less and less effort into these competitions as they pass. Pretty soon I won't even bother trying.

HOST_Crash

Some of us were away, yes. But there was a group of 7 of us, Hosts and Mods, apart of the judging! It was a fast process, but we were up all day, and very late into the night doing it so we did put time into our decisions. We went into everyone's rooms, looked around and enjoyed it, and once we were done, we take a picture. Once we've visited all the rooms and took a picture, the pictures are upload to a document that all of us can look at. There we do the voting. Now, the pictures of the rooms have no name attached, just to keep it as fair as we can. Our votes are also kept anonymous so there's no telling who voted for who. So in conclusion, we all saw each room. It was just Schweetz going back and placing the flag. :hearts::paw:
I was one of the people who was not able to take part in the judging process. I was busy working on finishing quests during that time so they would be ready for the week of Christmas and into next month. That unfortunately ate into all the spare time I would have had to take part in that process. Congratulations to those who won, I hope to take part in the judging process next time.