July Welcome Party Q&A List

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Rapunzel

July '17 Welcome Party Banner.png
First and foremost, I want to say thank you to everyone who attended and for all of the wonderful questions you asked. We had the highest number of questions asked for a Welcome Party yet! There’s a lot of topics that were covered, so I organized them into sections so that it’s a bit easier to read.
See you next month for the August Welcome Party on August 4th, 2017 @ 8pm. :}
xo - VMK_Rapunzel

Questions About the Bugs & Glitches
Recently, the game has been infested with bugs (glitches, if you will). We’ve hired an exterminator, but in the meantime, here are some common questions that have been asked and our answers/solutions.

Q: Is there a way to prevent disconnecting after playing mini-games?
A: This is an issue that our team is aware of and working to resolve. One thing that’s helped other players is clearing the cache from their internet browser. Our suggestion, if you’re playing a quest, is this: (and this is something you may be asked to do anyway) Try to play the quest as normal. If you end up disconnecting, please restart the quest. Sometimes, it’s a one-time thing and the game will be fine the second time. If, after you’ve tried two or more times, and it’s still not working please send us a Call for Help using the Report button in game. To ensure we can help everyone in a timely matter, please only send a Call for Help if you’ve tried multiple times. We want to see everyone give it their best shot when doing a quest, and as many of you have realized we don’t always have staff members available 24/7 to help.

Q: Why doesn’t my camera button work?
A: Right now, this is another bug that our team is aware of and trying to fix with the new client.

Q: Will the Moana Oar or the Maui Hook be able to be traded in-game soon?
A: Yes! Hang tight!

Q: I keep getting an “Uh-Oh” error when I try to log in… help!
A: Right now, we’re aware of many players getting this error and our team is working hard to fix it. If you’re having this problem, please send us an email to contact@myvmk.com with your in-game name as well as the error message you are getting. Once the issue is fixed, we’ll let everyone know!

Questions About New Client
As many of you know, Amy has been hard at work creating a new client that will be available for all players (Windows, Macs, etc). Amy has a lot going on in real life right now, but she wants you to know that you can expect the client to be finished later this year and she wants to thank you for your continued patience.

Questions About Items/Releases
Q: What is the release schedule for this month?
A: Releases will switch over on Saturdays at 11:59pm.

Q: Do you take note of demand of certain items/themes? Listen to suggestions from players?
A: A majority of the decisions the administrators make for the game are based off suggestions from players. So keep suggesting here on the forums!

Q: Why isn’t the Refreshment Corner Guest Room available for purchase permanently?
A: The Refreshment Corner Guest Room was an exclusive prize that was awarded during May of 2015 (Midway Mania month). If you are currently looking to obtain one try checking the Trading Post section of the forums.

Q: How can I get the Tamatoa Tsum Tsum pin?
A: The Tamatoa Tsum Tsum pin is available during Tamatoa’s Shiny Trades hosted by VMK_HoneyLemon. You can attend this event on 7/14, 7/17, 7/21, 7/24, and 7/28. Make sure to check out the Newsletter for information on how to get the pin, as well as the Events Calendar for information about the time of the events. If you have any questions, please message @VMK_HoneyLemon

Q: Will we get a special pin for participating in this event?
A: Not currently, but possibly in the future!! :}

Q: Will original VMK items be released in the game?
A: Most of the original VMK items have been released. If you are looking for a certain item, start a thread in the Trading Post section of the forums! Someone may be selling it!

Q: Is there any update on if/when we will see the unreleased Inside Up/Space month items?
A: We have a few ideas up our sleeves. Stay tuned to the Newsletter for updates.

Q: Will there be any more shirt pins?
A: Check out the newsletter for updates on releases.

Q: What are the chances we will see a room pin released for Tropical Month?
A: Nothing’s impossible!! Keep track of the Newsletter to see all of the current releases.

Q: Will there be more pink colored items in store soon? How about black items?
A: We’ll definitely take it under consideration. Many players (including some staff members) have been asking for black colored items. So don’t worry, we hear you!

Q: Will there be any opportunities to win more Mickey Ear Hats soon?
A: Hopefully! Stay tuned to the Newsletter for more information!

Q: Where is the character Gigi from in the SITS pin?
A: Gigi is one of the beautiful tropical birds in the Enchanted Tiki Room at Walt Disney World.

Q: Is there any chance that more permanent items will be added to the stores?
A: It’s something that has been suggested many times… nothing is impossible!

Questions About In-Game Topics
Q: Are you looking for new HOSTs or Moderators? If so, where can we apply?
A: Our HOST, Moderator, and Designer applications are always open. You can find the in-game staff applications HERE and the GA applications HERE. If you’ve got great leadership skills and you think it’s something you’d like to do, please send us an application. All applications stay on file until a position opens, in which case the administration team will review all submitted applications at that time.

Q: Are there any new ideas for mini-games?
A: Right now, no. It’s not something that’s in the plans for the game (even though, we’d love to say yes!). Our coders are hard at work on the new client.

Q: What are the rules and regulations surrounding potentially provocative words in game?
A: When it comes to inappropriate words on MyVMK, please realize that MyVMK is much more lax than the original VMK was in terms of our in-game dictionary. My personal general rule of thumb is this: If you have to question if it’ll warrant a warning from us, or is inappropriate for the game, don’t use it. The original question in the party surrounded the question about words that would have double meanings (the other name for donkey). We will not allow this in game.

Q: Will there be more Hide and Seek games soon?
A: We are working to have at least one Hide and Seek event per-week. Make sure to keep checking our Twitter for announcements about it.

Q: Excluding Amy, which staff member has been a staff member the longest?
A: HOST_Karru

Q: Can we have the ears and outfit that the HOSTs and Moderators wear?
A: Unfortunately the outfit that the HOSTs and Moderators wear in game is a staff member only outfit. (Fun fact: They are the same outfits that the Guest Relations Cast Members wear in Disney parks.)

Q: Will there ever be an event where staff members and players can face off in the POTC game to bond?
A: Personally, I love this idea. I’ll make sure to bring it up at the next meeting.

Q: Will there be any guest room/ride competitions soon?
A: Right now, we are not planning to do any exclusive guest rooms or ride competitions until the new client is released. This way, all players (including those who have been unable to play on Macs for quite some time) will be able to participate.

Questions With Random Topics
Q: I had 3 questions left on my Independence Day quest. Can you use your staff member abilities and allow me to finish it?
A: Unfortunately the Independence Day quest was a 12 hour quest, and we cannot extend it further.

Q: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: 3 tons.

Q: Can I come to the next staff meeting?
A: Unfortunately, staff meetings are only open to staff members at this time.

Q: How do you send a message on forums?
A: You go up to the little envelope on the top right hand side of your screen, click it, then click start conversation. You can then type in the name of the member you would like to message.

Q: Have you thought of promoting the game more with a marketing team?
A: The idea has been brought up within the staff team, and would ultimately be an administrative decision. It’s something we’ve looked into, but it would be very “grassroots” so to speak, because we do not have a budget.

Q: Are there any plans to bring back item codes?
A: The staff members love the item codes as much as the players do, I can tell you that much. There was a plan to use them for the Forums Easter Egg Hunt back in April, but it was nixed. It’s definitely something we enjoy sending out and would consider using in the future.

Q: Will the game always be free?
A: Definitely.

Q: Are there any plans to make a messenger app/platform so players can easily communicate outside of the game?
A: All I can say is that “we hear you”. :}

Q: What is a question you want players to ask and what’s the answer?
A: A question I always love answering is “what made you apply to be a staff member”. My answer is… I always wanted to help mesh the community together and get everyone working together. I always wanted to help welcome new players and do what I could to help them get assimilated to the game. I also really wanted to bring forward player and staff member interaction (which hopefully these Welcome Parties have helped).

Q: VMK_Rapunzel and VMK_HoneyLemon, what are your favorite items in game?
A: VMK_Rapunzel – I’m a bit biased, but I really love the Floating Lantern that was a prize last month. But I also really love the Pua Plush this month. VMK_HoneyLemon – My favorite item is the Princess Minnie Hat.

Q: Are there any marshmallows left for roasting?
A: I think we’re about due for a big campfire on the beach… I’ll make sure to bring more marshmallows so we can make s’mores. :}

Q: What are your favorite themes we’ve had?
A: My favorite theme (at least since I’ve been playing MyVMK) has to be this month. I love the vacation/summer feel of it. It’s really made me excited for summer.

Q: Who do you think the most pristine Disney character is?
A: When I think pristine, I think classy and put together. I think Cinderella really embodies that.

Suggestions From You
I wanted to add a special section here to share with everyone what your fellow players have sent us as suggestions for the game!
  • Chatbox feature for players to interact in a more real-time interface
  • Return of item codes for exclusive prizes
  • Marketing team to help get the word out about the game and attract new players
  • “How-to” for joining and working the forums on the home page
  • Checkers
  • More funny hats like the banana hat

Status
Not open for further replies.