just a what if.

Grant

Get high through the lows
If you could have everything for free and not have to work for it, sounds like fun and freedom, but it gets less exciting after awhile.
Unless you mean all the items would be on shop and people would still work for it. Nah, still less exciting.

what if everything -- every item, article of clothing, room, etc -- was made available to every user simultaneously. and there was no economy. we just built and chatted and played and were all content.

what is the general consensus on something like this.
It would be amazingly awesome at first-- then it would get incredibly boring. So I vote against this idea to keep interests peaked !:D

greeniemimi

Just call me Mims. :)
My two cents: Shops could have certain items available for purchase for a limited time, say one week. After that week they'd be removed from the shops. This would create some rare items later on in the game. I don't see a problem with this approach, if we're given enough time to earn the credits to buy said items. The problem with most of the rare items on VMK was cheating to get them and scamming younger inexperienced players out of either their rare items or everything they owned. Trading fairly is difficult to regulate, perhaps impossible. I was never really into trading for anything. Everything I had on VMK was either earned by playing the mini games or given to me by friends. Did I have rare items? Yes. Would I have enjoyed the game without them? Yes. Maybe one way to keep things fair on the new version would be to have moderated trading. This way nobody is cheated.