Just noticed something about VMK and Disney...

You know how VMK was originally released as a promotional game for Disneyland's 50th anniversary?

You see, i was never really too interested in Disney before VMK. I had only visited a Disney park once before as a child, not giving much thought to it. Well, I first joined VMK around October 2005, i know this because i vividly remember the Halloween motif; along with the superhero and Monsters Inc. events at the start of 2006. I do not live in the US, so i figured "ahaha you have no power here!".

Well, thinking about it now. I just realised how effective VMK was, oh dear. Ever since i started VMK, i have visited Disney World, Disneyland CA, Disneyland Paris (too many to count), Tokyo Disney... probably in total have bought a lot (well... more like a moderate amount tbh) of merchandise: a few pins, a few collectable figurines, Imagineering & other park related books, plush, food, Stitch in a Sorcerer Mickey outfit. Even staying on Disney property hotels!

I've been bamboozled all these years! I'm the cash cow! ....jk i still love the Dis, maybe don't spend so much money on Mickey.

Never enjoyed the merchandise, movies, and parks until VMK, too. Cut back on spending money on merchandise because I usually get buyer's remorse unless it's a gift for someone else lol. However, the park experience is well worth the money spent.

Strong competitive brand imaging is the magic of Disney ;)

Fotogirl

you have no freaking idea. zero interest in anything disney until i started working on VMK. now ive been to WDW a load of times, been to disneyland paris for about two weeks, constantly keeping up on news of the parks and things... it's bizarre.
Nice to hear you are as addicted to Disney as the rest of us by now. When I first joined myvmk way back in Nov. '13 and I heard you had never been to a Disney park or were not previously a Disney fan I was a bit worried you would lose interest in keeping the game going. So happy that was not the case. Keep up the great work that you and all the staff do. <3 <3 to you all.

HeyG

Gsus Christ
I've always loved Disney but when VMK came out it sealed the deal for me. If I could go to the parks, I would all the time. I was absolutely devastated as a tween when VMK shut down, but the love for Disney kept going!