Lá Fhéile Pádraig!

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
:clover: Lá Fhéile Pádraig! :clover:
St. Patrick's Day!

As you all know, St. Patrick's Day is on Monday and many people all over the world celebrate the holiday :) Being from Ireland, I can't help but feel immensely proud at this time of year (and all year round to be honest!), especially as so many people in so many different countries celebrate everything Irish on this day! :clover:

For the day that's in it, I thought it might be nice to share some pictures of my beautiful country and some phrases from the Irish language that perhaps people might like to use on Monday to really get into the Irish spirit! :) I'm very into photography so all I pictures I post here are taken by myself. I'll include some information on each picture.
As for the phrases, I'll post the English phrase and then the Irish phrase and then the pronunciation in brackets! If anyone contests my pronunciation, please keep in mind that there are regional differences in some words :)

I really hope you all enjoy! :halcyon:

Some Irish Phrases:
Hello - Dia Dhuit (Dee-a gwit)
Goodbye - Sl?n (slawn)
Happy St. Patrick's Day! - L? Shona Naomh P?draig! (law hunna nave paw-drig)
My name is ________ - ________ is ainm dom (_______ iss anam dumb)
I love Ireland - Is aoibhinn liom ?ireann! (iss even lum air-in)
My mum/dad/grandmother/grandfather is from Ireland - Tá mo mháthair/athair/sheanmháthair/sheanathair as an hÉireann
(if there are any other family members you'd like me to (taw muh waw-heer / a-heer / shan-waw-heer / shan-a-heer / aws an hair-in)
include, you can let me know! :) )

Delta Gardens, Co. Carlow

Mount Usher Gardens, Ashford, Co. Wicklow

Kilkenny Castle and view from the round tower of St. Canice's Cathedral, Co. Kilkenny

Taken on the beach in my town, Arklow, Co. Wicklow (and it's also my signature!)

Remains of a fort Vinegar Hill, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford

Finally, Glendalough, Co. Wicklow

StephaniePea

Tru Pea, Real Pea.
wow thanks for sharing! saint patrick's day is my favorite holiday :D I am 60% irish and have such a strong love for the culture, and its my life's mission to go there someday! thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures and phrases!

Gosh Ireland is so beautiful :') I wish I could go. I flew over it when I went to England.. I had the pleasure of being in England for St. Patrick's Day 2013... And wow.. I was surprised to see the english don't celebrate it much... I wore a t-shirt that said "Kiss me, I might be irish" and a green hoodie... And everyone looked at me like I was crazy :P It's funny because where I live in America almost everyone takes part in celebrating by wearing green for fun ^.^

Wow, those pictures are breath taking! So gorgeous..I wish Ireland could be one of my stops this summer D: So you said you are from Ireland, do you still live there?

Vanillabug

Always let your conscience be your guide!
Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful country! I had the privilege of visiting there 8 years ago. Can't wait to visit again! Kilkenny Castle was one of my favorite places we visited! ?irinn go Br?ch!

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
I'm going to Ireland this summer! :)
Ah great LisaMarie! :) Where will you be visiting?

Wow, those pictures are breath taking! So gorgeous..I wish Ireland could be one of my stops this summer D: So you said you are from Ireland, do you still live there?
I do still live here yeah, I have all my life :) The picture of the beach in Arklow is about a 20 minute walk from my house :grin:

Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful country! I had the privilege of visiting there 8 years ago. Can't wait to visit again! Kilkenny Castle was one of my favorite places we visited! ?irinn go Br?ch!
Love the Irish Vanillabug! :grin: :thumbsup: