Legacy of Secret Tour run-down

As some of you read on the thread I posted on the greetings and goodbye thread, I went to the legacy of secret book signing after my internship ended.

I copied a posting I made detailing what happened at the place. If you're not in the mood to read, I'll tell ya long story short.

Ridley Pearson detailed the inspirations and secrets of the seven book saga along with Disney land and Legacy of Secret. Once he finished with his presentation, he did a Q&A and a book signing.

Once the signing was done, it was not only magical to meet a Disney author but because this is the first time I went to an actual book signing.
If you all heard, Ridley Pearson was at Books & Books today. Originally, I had a periscope streaming going on for his presentation (for those that can’t make it) until the manager in charge of this event demanded me to take it down.
Sadly, I had to or else I would of been kicked out.

Anyway, I managed to keep tab of what he said whether its Q&A or just presentation wise.
Heres what we know so far:
  • During his little “research” trip in the Magic Kingdom for the first book that started it all, he went behind the scenes with some of the cast members of It’s a Small World with all the lights, sound, and audio animatronics off. Somehow, one of the two started to move on it own when making eye contact with them. BTW, it sounded scary when he told us that but it did inspire him to add an entire army of them in the first book.
  • Another of his “research” trip for his second book, he had a so called Jurassic Park moment when there was stampede of gazelles. (Lion King reference anyone?)
  • Robot Segways with test dummies was inspired by a Segway army from South Korea’s police force for his third book.
  • Fifth and sixth book was bounded together, but the publication department wanted it to be split into two; which he agreed to. However, he wants to add the part 1 and 2 to it but they said “No, we want it to be book 5 and 6.
  • Book 7 was started up with help from readers and young writers to be part of this project. It started with 300 members but it exploded from that to 5,000 and now to 105,000 members. He made 3 versions for each chapter with either a paragraph or essay from them. He mentioned that he got an email from someone saying “Hey, Im a best selling author!” when he replied saying “You’re a best paragraph author”
  • He went on discussing about 1955 disneyland based on what it was like. (Im pretty sure everyone who is a “disnerd” or a historian know) July 17 was media day and 7000 people were privately invited but someone counterfeited the tickets and 14,000 people came to the media day. (Thinking of it like having a dinner party for 7 exploding to having 21 people coming over) Women wearing high heels got their shoes stuck on the asphalt since they were installed 4 days prior. There was a union strike and walt had to make a decision whether to have running water for the fountains or the bathroom. In this case, he chose the bathrooms (good call!) He even mentioned how 1950′s-1960′s Tomorrowland was needed to be revamped to what we know as today’s Tomorrowland .
Then came the Q&A and some were somewhat interesting.
  • So far, he is working on the third and last of the return series. Fun fact: If you see the graveyard scene, thats where he was at so far progress-wise before the presentation at Coral Gables.
  • Someone asked about ESPN studio being part of the story, which I think would be interesting since Disney already bought right from. They even jokes about some guy that use to work for ESPN but got fired.
  • Someone told him about having the series being either a tv show or a movie saga. He was with us on the idea and he would of loved it. Like Disney is, they said no yet everyone; including cast members and readers alike, were on board with it.
  • Jess and Amanda’s imagineering school is in reference to the Disney College Program ( I thought so) and it is available for those who are majoring in mechanical engineering or any technical programs.
  • Ideas are always a good place to start but writing a beginning, a middle, and an end makes a book a good book to write.
  • There is always deadline and if he were to write the book without a deadline, it would of taken him 3 years to write.
To end it all, there was a book signing and I was happy to not only get my book signed by the author himself but I also got a picture with him. So I feel honored to not only participate in this but to jot down what went down for the kingdom keepers and for the disney fandom.

So here's a couple of photos of what it was like. There was probably 5-6 photos I have stored in my computer but I'll see if I can upload them.

Ridley detailing the books

Me with Mr. Pearson (he says hi; forgot to mentioned it)

Last edited:
As some of you read on the thread I posted on the greetings and goodbye thread, I went to the legacy of secret book signing after my internship ended.

I copied a posting I made detailing what happened at the place. If you're not in the mood to read, I'll tell ya long story short.

Ridley Pearson detailed the inspirations and secrets of the seven book saga along with Disney land and Legacy of Secret. Once he finished with his presentation, he did a Q&A and a book signing.

Once the signing was done, it was not only magical to meet a Disney author but because this is the first time I went to an actual book signing.
If you all heard, Ridley Pearson was at Books & Books today. Originally, I had a periscope streaming going on for his presentation (for those that can’t make it) until the manager in charge of this event demanded me to take it down.
Sadly, I had to or else I would of been kicked out.

Anyway, I managed to keep tab of what he said whether its Q&A or just presentation wise.
Heres what we know so far:
  • During his little “research” trip in the Magic Kingdom for the first book that started it all, he went behind the scenes with some of the cast members of It’s a Small World with all the lights, sound, and audio animatronics off. Somehow, one of the two started to move on it own when making eye contact with them. BTW, it sounded scary when he told us that but it did inspire him to add an entire army of them in the first book.
  • Another of his “research” trip for his second book, he had a so called Jurassic Park moment when there was stampede of gazelles. (Lion King reference anyone?)
  • Robot Segways with test dummies was inspired by a Segway army from South Korea’s police force for his third book.
  • Fifth and sixth book was bounded together, but the publication department wanted it to be split into two; which he agreed to. However, he wants to add the part 1 and 2 to it but they said “No, we want it to be book 5 and 6.
  • Book 7 was started up with help from readers and young writers to be part of this project. It started with 300 members but it exploded from that to 5,000 and now to 105,000 members. He made 3 versions for each chapter with either a paragraph or essay from them. He mentioned that he got an email from someone saying “Hey, Im a best selling author!” when he replied saying “You’re a best paragraph author”
  • He went on discussing about 1955 disneyland based on what it was like. (Im pretty sure everyone who is a “disnerd” or a historian know) July 17 was media day and 7000 people were privately invited but someone counterfeited the tickets and 14,000 people came to the media day. (Thinking of it like having a dinner party for 7 exploding to having 21 people coming over) Women wearing high heels got their shoes stuck on the asphalt since they were installed 4 days prior. There was a union strike and walt had to make a decision whether to have running water for the fountains or the bathroom. In this case, he chose the bathrooms (good call!) He even mentioned how 1950′s-1960′s Tomorrowland was needed to be revamped to what we know as today’s Tomorrowland .
Then came the Q&A and some were somewhat interesting.
  • So far, he is working on the third and last of the return series. Fun fact: If you see the graveyard scene, thats where he was at so far progress-wise before the presentation at Coral Gables.
  • Someone asked about ESPN studio being part of the story, which I think would be interesting since Disney already bought right from. They even jokes about some guy that use to work for ESPN but got fired.
  • Someone told him about having the series being either a tv show or a movie saga. He was with us on the idea and he would of loved it. Like Disney is, they said no yet everyone; including cast members and readers alike, were on board with it.
  • Jess and Amanda’s imagineering school is in reference to the Disney College Program ( I thought so) and it is available for those who are majoring in mechanical engineering or any technical programs.
  • Ideas are always a good place to start but writing a beginning, a middle, and an end makes a book a good book to write.
  • There is always deadline and if he were to write the book without a deadline, it would of taken him 3 years to write.
To end it all, there was a book signing and I was happy to not only get my book signed by the author himself but I also got a picture with him. So I feel honored to not only participate in this but to jot down what went down for the kingdom keepers and for the disney fandom.

Me with Mr. Pearson (he says hi; forgot to mentioned it)
That is super cool that you met him before! I saw him before (at the same place actually!) when Dave Barry and him were promoting Science Fair, Peter and the sword of mercy, and the bridge to neverland, and maybe one Kingdom Keepers book but I don't remember (maybe 4 I think). Thank you for all the details! I am rereading the series and on book 3 now and I love knowing how he got the ideas for everything. Do you know if the imagineering school is real for mechanical engineering students or was made up just for the story?

That is super cool that you met him before! I saw him before (at the same place actually!) when Dave Barry and him were promoting Science Fair, Peter and the sword of mercy, and the bridge to neverland, and maybe one Kingdom Keepers book but I don't remember (maybe 4 I think). Thank you for all the details! I am rereading the series and on book 3 now and I love knowing how he got the ideas for everything. Do you know if the imagineering school is real for mechanical engineering students or was made up just for the story?
I spoke with him about it because when I read Jess and Amanda were in an imagineering school, it sounded like the Disney College Program. To my surprise; it was made up just for the story.

However, he said the program offers that course (I can tell he did his research very thorough because he asked if I applied for it and he wished me luck on it when I told him about me retrying); which I knew since a friend of mine did the program for his mechanical engineering major.

I spoke with him about it because when I read Jess and Amanda were in an imagineering school, it sounded like the Disney College Program. To my surprise; it was made up just for the story.

However, he said the program offers that course (I can tell he did his research very thorough because he asked if I applied for it and he wished me luck on it when I told him about me retrying); which I knew since a friend of mine did the program for his mechanical engineering major.
That is interesting! I will PM you for more information!