Main Street Electrical Parade leaving WDW after Oct. 9th, heading to Disneyland for Jan. 2017.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
So it appears that WDW finally have decided to let go of the MSEP, officially announced on the Disney Parks Blog, the parade will have its "Final Performance" in Magic Kingdom on October 9th, after that date it is unknown what night parade will replace it (sadly, not Spectromagic) it has been said that Paint the Night will be heading to WDW, but whats strange about that is that PTN is staying in DL for XMAS (meaning no garland over main street again) but after that, the future of PTN is unknown. Another rumor is that Tokyo's night parade (Dreamlights) could be heading here.

Now I'm kinda upset that MSEP is leaving, but I would have been fine just seeing it that one summer in 2010 it was supposed to be here, instead of a 6 year run, Spectro IMO was a more superior parade. Your thoughts on this recent announcement?

The Main Street Electrical Parade is one of my favorite Disney song pieces, so I'd be lying if I said I'm not sad that it's leaving, but I'm excited to see what's to replace it. I definitely plan to make it down there to watch it before it's gone!

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
So it appears that WDW finally have decided to let go of the MSEP, officially announced on the Disney Parks Blog, the parade will have its "Final Performance" in Magic Kingdom on October 9th, after that date it is unknown what night parade will replace it (sadly, not Spectromagic) it has been said that Paint the Night will be heading to WDW, but whats strange about that is that PTN is staying in DL for XMAS (meaning no garland over main street again) but after that, the future of PTN is unknown. Another rumor is that Tokyo's night parade (Dreamlights) could be heading here.

Now I'm kinda upset that MSEP is leaving, but I would have been fine just seeing it that one summer in 2010 it was supposed to be here, instead of a 6 year run, Spectro IMO was a more superior parade. Your thoughts on this recent announcement?

I'd ADORE dreamlights to come to WDW. I'd go see it.