Making a Documentary about VMK, and I need ORIGINAL PLAYERS for Interviews and Survey Taking!

Hello everybody!

My name is Savannah Roy, and I'm making a documentary about MMO's (Virtual Worlds) & the relationships that were created through them. I'm in search and in desperate need of participants for research purposes, and even for potential interviews within the film!

To do this, I have a Google Form with a few questions that need to be filled out. Please note that this is as anonymous as you want it to be. I will not be disclosing names unless you give me permission and you are accepted and want to participate in a deeper interview.

It is important though, that I get a varied range of people for the research portion, so I'm not just looking for those that want to be in the film!

Please! I need your help! Click here to fill out the Google Form.

Questions? Reply here!

THANK YOU!!

This sounds like a really cool idea. I went ahead and filled it out even though I don't believe I'll be much help as more of what impacted my life was on a different MMO but I wish you the best of luck with this and looking forward to hopefully being able to see the end result. :)

Actually, I need people like you! Would you mind sending me a DM on what MMO's you were on?

This sounds like a really cool idea. I went ahead and filled it out even though I don't believe I'll be much help as more of what impacted my life was on a different MMO but I wish you the best of luck with this and looking forward to hopefully being able to see the end result. :)

Ringo

eurotrash
@FancyMonocle is really excited to take part and very willing to do an interview. He's a competitive tennis player by day and a virtual casanova by night.

Edit: @FancyMonocle would like me to add that through MyVMK, this online multiplayer game, he was singlehandedly able to start a fashion trend: chokers. By broadcasting images of himself wearing a choker to users such as myself and @Laguna , he remarkably brought back the 90s trend. So, hats off to you, FancyMoncole, for revolutionising the fashion world. Well done.

Last edited:
Submitted this is cool :D

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
There are wonderful stories I know of. I know of older players getting married because of vmk. The do play Myvmk. They met on line got to know each other and she moved from the West Coast to the East coast to marry him. There are the stories of Slinkyman and Dland many of the kids who fought cancer while playing vmk. Princessmadiro who deals with a life threatening disease etc. Dland's sister plays this game today. Many many kids with autism that this game has helped to teach social skills. You have groups that were formed like a group of ladies who got together and created there own social group within the game. They formed the Zeta's. They even met out side of the game at Disneyworld from all over the USA and Canada and UK. From that group they created lasting friendships, helped other vmk players that were sick, or struggling at Christmas etc. The form did not have room for this so I thought I would post. Also you have the different forum boards that promoted VMK in different ways. Then there are the letters sent to Disney when the kids found out it was closing. Once child sent in pics speaking while he was in VMK. The thing I never forgot. Was when he said VMK was his safe place. He came from a very dysfunctional family. This was a place he could escape to and find joy. He lived in the UK. So you have tons of info out there you could get. I know for myself, because of VMK I have so many America friends that I would never have met since I live in Canada. Which is also another avenue. Player from around the world.