"Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade" is no more.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
After more than 12 years, Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade has gone through the pathways of Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the last time.

Disney has confirmed that the daytime parade, which debuted on Oct. 1, 2001, made it's last performance today to make way for Animal Kingdom’s largest expansion ever, which includes a new Avatar area and new nighttime entertainment. No replacement parades are planned. Disney said a significant part of the Jungle Parade’s viewing area will be removed because of the construction.

The new entertainment experiences coming soon include an after-dark spectacular centered around and above Discovery River featuring live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery. In addition, there will be new nighttime entertainment including live performers on Discovery Island and a new night version of Kilimanjaro Safaris. No date has been given for when these experiences will debut.

(Source: Attractions Magazine)

TBH: I can't tell when last I saw this parade, but when I was young, this parade was so cool. Yes, it made Animal Kingdom too congested, but all those floats we're just amazing! Hopefully it won't end up in ashes like Spectromagic did.

R.I.P. Jammin' Jungle Parade
2001-2014

Another piece of my childhood, gone.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm not the biggest parade fan in the world since I've seen them a lot. And I know that makes me sound like a grumpy old person, but I don't care for crowds haha! But what they're replacing it with sounds pretty cool, and like them making use of Discovery River, because TBH you can't even tell that it's there because there are so many trees.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
I'm not the biggest parade fan in the world since I've seen them a lot. And I know that makes me sound like a grumpy old person, but I don't care for crowds haha! But what they're replacing it with sounds pretty cool, and like them making use of Discovery River, because TBH you can't even tell that it's there because there are so many trees.
Oh for sure I can't wait to see the new show. It's probably gonna be WDW's version of World of Color with animals and lanterns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk