Miracles

Monorail

I'm not really sure how you would define a miracle.

I guess I don't believe that a higher power intervenes in everyday life and causes things to happen that otherwise wouldn't without it's help.

Sure, there are things that happen that we can't explain. But I won't attribute it to the super-natural because I do not understand.

I guess I don't believe in miracles. I believe everything happens because it can, not because someone or thing wants it to.

I don't believe in miracles or that things happen for a reason. They just do. I think it's more of society feeling as if they need the answer for the unknown and attribute it as a miracle or some otherworldly force since we don't know better. much like how people in the past used that concept.

"If she doesnt drown she's a witch" <--situation in which the "miracle" is rejected.
"Survived smallpox? It must be a miracle!!"...until edward jenner realized the correlation between milkmaids getting exposed to cowpox rendering smallpox ineffective.

Cat

Yes and yes. There are some things that happen that are so extraordinary, they can't be defined as anything else but being a miracle. It's these sort of interventions that remind me that there is a 'source' and a God out there and that some things are no mistake or coincidence.

And sure, miracles can be small... it doesn't have to be "Wow you were cured from cancer? It's a miracle!" but I know when my favorite cat ever was diagnosed with feline leukemia, and was given 2 weeks at the most to live, we nursed her and cared for her and prayed that she would make it to Christmas because she literally loved everything Christmas related- ornaments, wrapping paper, the warm fire. Christmas was 7 months away when she was diagnosed, she died the day after Christmas morning, I kid you not, under the tree.
That to me is a small miracle. No, she wasn't cured, but did we get our wishes and what we wanted? Yes, and that was enough for me.

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Yes and yes. There are some things that happen that are so extraordinary, they can't be defined as anything else but being a miracle. It's these sort of interventions that remind me that there is a 'source' and a God out there and that some things are no mistake or coincidence.

And sure, miracles can be small... it doesn't have to be "Wow you were cured from cancer? It's a miracle!" but I know when my favorite cat ever was diagnosed with feline leukemia, and was given 2 weeks at the most to live, we nursed her and cared for her and prayed that she would make it to Christmas because she literally loved everything Christmas related- ornaments, wrapping paper, the warm fire. Christmas was 7 months away when she was diagnosed, she died the day after Christmas morning, I kid you not, under the tree.
That to me is a small miracle. No, she wasn't cured, but did we get our wishes and what we wanted? Yes, and that was enough for me.
omg cat I'm tearing up rn. :please:

This is so beautiful, omg. <3 I would absolutely call that a miracle. Thank you for sharing that story with us. (:

I definitely believe in miracles. Things have happened in my life that weren't "just a coincidence" and remind me of how amazing life can be even when you're at your lowest point. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, I was 5 years old and doctors told him he had at most, 2 months left to live. He not only beat the odds and lived another 6 years until I was 11, but doctors consistently called his progress a miracle because they couldn't explain how he was surviving the intense treatments when time and time again, he was told he didn't have much chance of survival. Had they been right when he was diagnosed, I wouldn't have gotten to know my dad the way I did. I'll always be thankful for those extra years and for me, they were certainly a miracle. (:

Cat

I definitely believe in miracles. Things have happened in my life that weren't "just a coincidence" and remind me of how amazing life can be even when you're at your lowest point. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, I was 5 years old and doctors told him he had at most, 2 months left to live. He not only beat the odds and lived another 6 years until I was 11, but doctors consistently called his progress a miracle because they couldn't explain how he was surviving the intense treatments when time and time again, he was told he didn't have much chance of survival. Had they been right when he was diagnosed, I wouldn't have gotten to know my dad the way I did. I'll always be thankful for those extra years and for me, they were certainly a miracle. (:
Oh my gosh, I think this is the most beautiful post I've ever read. For sure that extra time given to your father was not just a gift to him, but to you and your family. Time like that is definitely no coincidence or blip in the system, and it's appalling how some call it that. He was given more time for a reason, and that's a miracle in itself. I'm extremely sorry for your loss, but I'm also really happy for you that you got to spend as much time with him as you did. :hug:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
omg u guys have got me tearin up left and right today. :please:

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
i believe in small miracles.
finding someone who loves and appreciates me, that is a miracle to me