Missing teenage boys

supernovagirl

I'm sure if you guys go on social media or watch the news, you'll hear of the two boys from the small South Florida town that went missing before leaving for a fishing trip in the Bahamas.
If you haven't heard about this, here's the details...

UPDATE: Sunday afternoon a family member of one of the two missing teens confirms that the boat found off Jacksonville is the boat of the two teens missing off Jupiter Inlet. The search for the teens continues.

UPDATE: Jacksonville Coast Guard reports a capsized boat was found 67 miles east of Ponce de Leon, near
Daytona. Coast Guard says the boat matches the visual description of the teens
boat but cannot confirm the registration number of the two boat match.

The
boat is being towed into Ponce De Leon inlet.

JUPITER (CBS12) -- The U.S. Coast Guard is currently searching for two 14-year-old boys missing near the Jupiter area.

The U.S. Coast Guard has identified the boys as Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen.

Officials say the boys were last seen around 1:30 p.m. after purchasing $110 worth of fuel.

The boys are believed to be headed towards the Bahamas on a fishing trip aboard a 19-foot white single engine center console vessel.

The Coast Guard issued an Urgent Marine Information Broadcast and launched an HC-144 "Ocean Sentry" airplane and an MH-65 "Dolphin" helicopter out of Air Station Miami along with boatcrews from Coast Guard Station Lake Worth Inlet and Station Fort Pierce. The Coast Guard Cutter Margaret Norvell is also searching with the assistance of the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office.

The Coast Guard intends to continue the search throughout the day for the teens.

So far, rescue crews have covered more than 14,447 square nautical miles. The have extended their search to off the coast of Melbourne, Florida.

Family members say there is a $100,000 reward for bringing the boys safely home.

Carly Black, the mother of Austin Stephanps, says she has " no definite confirmation" on the whereabouts of her son or Perry Cohen.

Please call authorities immediately with any information.
SOURCE
more info:
LINK 1
LINK 2
If you could keep these boys in your thoughts, I would be so appreciative. Perry Cohen happens to live right down the street from me and his family has been our friends for ages and are near and dear to our hearts.

*please no posts about how young they are or how their parents should have stopped them or been better parents. Growing up in this town, you learn how to drive a boat before driving a car and the ocean and boating is a big part of our lives here. *

supernovagirl

This situation is so sad. They're in my thoughts. I'm going to the community benefit at 6PM tomorrow.
Thank you so much.
There was a vigil for them last night in my town but I was unfortunately unable to make it because I'm in Orlando to take care of some things before moving home.