MMK STAFF/HOSTS

Just wondering if you all need some assistance regarding MMK STAFF or HOST positions. Since I could not PM an Admin yet, I was wondering if you guys needed some assistance? I know Amy has not had the opportunity to play VMK properly, therefore the rarity of items may be unfamiliar with her. Also wondering if Kevin & Grizzly played the game before? Anyway I may not be qualified as a developer, but know the game's anatomy from the back of my hands. Would be grateful if I could be of any assistance to the team/community.

P.S. Cannot thank you enough Amy, Grizzly and Kevin. Marvelous work.

AllStar said:
DisneyFan said:
Oh ok. Any idea if Grizzly or Kevin played the game though?
They were pretty active on OVMK. So I'd imagine the answer is yes.
I know that.. but did they play the original VMK? Therefore would there be any confusion in regards to the rarity of items? Host games? Events? Quests?

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
{Ah.. some people are already staff-hunting.

Anyway, I'm sure they will post an announcement concerning staff positions.

-Tessa?

DisneyFan said:
AllStar said:
DisneyFan said:
I know that.. but did they play the original VMK? Therefore would there be any confusion in regards to the rarity of items? Host games? Events? Quests?
Not sure. I can't speak for them. But I'm sure Amy has trust in their ability as they're already staff members on here.

You should probably PM your inquiry directly to Amy.

Tessa said:

-Tessa?

Staff hating? Not at all.. I think Amy, Kevin and Grizzly are doing a tremendous job actually! I just feel they need staff to help them out in guiding them of what was released during beta, how not to release rares for two minutes as it causes confusion and starts getting overwhelming. Small things like that. However I think Amy, Kevin and Grizzly have done a fantastic job otherwise :)

Cat

I think it's too soon to add too many more staff members!
Let's let Amy, Grizzly and Kevin start things up, and add staff as needed.
Too many people in one boat could sink it very quickly.
It's all a balancing act and we wouldn't want it to end up like OVMK where positions were changed daily!

Trust me though, I am too interested in a position as a host, as all I like to do is design rooms.
I'm sure hosts/community leaders will be established after the game opens. (:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
DisneyFan said:
Tessa said:

-Tessa?

Staff hating? Not at all.. I think Amy, Kevin and Grizzly are doing a tremendous job actually! I just feel they need staff to help them out in guiding them of what was released during beta, how not to release rares for two minutes as it causes confusion and starts getting overwhelming. Small things like that. However I think Amy, Kevin and Grizzly have done a fantastic job otherwise :)
{I said staff-hunting, not staff-hating. I would never hate on the staff, they are wonderful and talented people. (:

-Tessa?

Cat said:
I think it's too soon to add too many more staff members!
Let's let Amy, Grizzly and Kevin start things up, and add staff as needed.
Too many people in one boat could sink it very quickly.
It's all a balancing act and we wouldn't want it to end up like OVMK where positions were changed daily!

Trust me though, I am too interested in a position as a host, as all I like to do is design rooms.
I'm sure hosts/community leaders will be established after the game opens. (:
{They're going to need at least a couple Global Moderators, because the forum is already incredibly active, and returning members are flowing in by the minute.

-Tessa?

DisneyFan said:
AllStar said:
DisneyFan said:
I really do not think the major concern is establishing an exact replica of the VMK economy and how it was 5+ years ago. If anything, there will be differences in everything. It's a new game, it's a new atmosphere. Amy, Grizzly, and Kevin will establish what is best for this community and hopefully choose trusted members to step up and help out for the sake of the forum board and game in time, so let's not get too ahead of anything.

If staff positions are just going to be handed out like OVMK i'm out of here. Seriously, staff should be HAND PICKED based off community activity and conduct. Not this "send in an application and we'll review it," BS. OP, just based on the fact that you actually had the audacity to ask about staff positions after the ******** on OVMK shows you aren't in any position to be staff in the first place.

Amy and Amy alone should be hand picking staff.

EDIT: @everyone else who's nominating themselves for staff. Honestly, I mean... are you stupid? Just generally speaking for anyone who's even CONSIDERING asking Grizzly/Amy for staff positions. It's under 48 hours that MMK has been underway and people are asking for staff positions already. You kids treat this as a popularity contest.

Shrimp

Disney said:
If staff positions are just going to be handed out like OVMK i'm out of here. Seriously, staff should be HAND PICKED based off community activity and conduct. Not this "send in an application and we'll review it," BS. OP, just based on the fact that you actually had the audacity to ask about staff positions after the ******** on OVMK shows you aren't in any position to be staff in the first place.

EDIT: @everyone else who's nominating themselves for staff. Honestly, I mean... are you stupid? Just generally speaking for anyone who's even CONSIDERING asking Grizzly/Amy for staff positions. It's under 48 hours that MMK has been underway and people are asking for staff positions already. You kids treat this as a popularity contest.
They should be put on the Do Not Staff List. Those who do not have patience don't deserve to be staff.

Staff should be handpicked. Every single one of their posts should be investigated thoroughly. I remember on OVMK, some of who got staff positions had 80% of their posts from the Forum Games section!

Hmm as tempting as this sounds, i'd rather play the game :)
I wouldn't mind applying for CL in the future.

Monorail

Disney said:

I think people are just eager to help out.
And showing interest isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean, we all love this community. If they show interest in helping out around here, let em be.

The first VMK forum I ever joined was VMKM, and Xiris picked his staff strictly on an invite basis. The staff members chosen were always active and had been involved with the site for a while, and even the teenagers that were hired were really mature. I agree with a handpicked staff. From my experience, it's a lot better than people applying.

Disney said:

I think you need to chill out a bit. I wasn't nominating myself as a staff member. I'll be the first to admit that I have little or no experience in running a game. However Amy herself said she played the game "for lile an hour". I think the game should be community based. At least Monorail understands what I'm trying to get at.

DisneyFan said:
Disney said:

I think you need to chill out a bit. I wasn't nominating myself as a staff member. I'll be the first to admit that I have little or no experience in running a game. However Amy herself said she played the game "for lile an hour". I think the game should be community based. At least Monorail understands what I'm trying to get at.
And I think you need to take things a little less personal. Just because i'm raining on your parade doesn't mean i'm throwing everything I have at you solely. Recognize that I said "@everyone who's nominating," not @Disneyfan. There's a big difference between you, myself and everyone else and Amy. Amy is developing the game, she's the one behind the scenes doing all the work. She wasn't picked by anyone, MMK is of her own doing. Whether or not she played VMK for a day or a year doesn't matter. Her position as developer has been supported by the community based on her work and headway in recreating VMK.

Myself and everyone else? We're just the community. You haven't done anything to deserve a staff position, neither have I. To even allude to the idea that staff should be chosen based on applications is absurd, especially considering the fact that there was a massive fall-out between two parties in the last 48 hours.

You don't have to be staff to help out in the community. Unless you can contribute to the actual development of MMK I don't think anyone should be wanting a staff position. And when I say development, I mean everything going on behind the scenes. Not "lets spread the word about MMK and help 'develop' the community."

It's just my opinion, but everyone needs to get out of their mind that anyone will join the staff. We don't need a Grace repeat and power-hungry mods crying over the simplest of things. But hey, I could be wrong, and probably am. There will most likely be applications for staff positions shortly and every kid and their dog will have a chance to be given power they don't deserve.

Grace + Staff repeat season 2.

Monorail said:
Disney said:

I think people are just eager to help out.
And showing interest isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean, we all love this community. If they show interest in helping out around here, let em be.
I understand that's everyone's intentions, but what I observed on OVMK are people being handed staff/mod positions like candy. No real thought was put into the selection of these candidates/applicants, it was all EXTREMELY biased in some cases. Everyone's free to help, but to give people staff positions because they can type up a pretty app... no. 10x more thought and discernment needs to be put into choosing the staff and anyone that isn't a "normal" player. Whether or not the selection process is as rigorous as I wish it would be, it's just my opinion, and quite realistically I don't see that even happening. Realistically I see staff/mod positions being handed out like candy again. Just to give you my full perspective on the situation.