Movie Night!

We can do something like, go to Netflix or Hulu and all click play at the same time. We just can't live stream or link to nonlicensed content.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
We can do something like, go to Netflix or Hulu and all click play at the same time. We just can't live stream or link to nonlicensed content.
In a non negative/argumentative way, isn't this remake already "illegal"? Other than lack of time/moderation/necessity for something like this, I personally don't see why this couldn't be at least an option. (: But then again...

Fiyero

In a non negative/argumentative way, isn't this remake already "illegal"? Other than lack of time/moderation/necessity for something like this, I personally don't see why this couldn't be at least an option. (: But then again...
bang bang

Because we're pushing it with the remake, why anger the movie industry while we're at it? They are much, much more protective and I don't know about you but I'd rather not have some silly MPAA fine on my head.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Question, what about those websites like youtubeonfire and watchfreemovies.ch? I guess it's still not possible to stream from them because they're still pirated on those sites.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Because we're pushing it with the remake, why anger the movie industry while we're at it? They are much, much more protective and I don't know about you but I'd rather not have some silly MPAA fine on my head.
Okay. Thank you for the response. (: :cloud9:

My personal vote is Netflix, because I at least have Netflix. And if we just say, everyone start "The Little Mermaid" at 8:00pm EST pretty much everyone has that movie or knows some little kid they can 'borrow' (because you are too embarassed to admit you own it) it from, and we can all watch it at the same time, more or less. Plus there is a good chance some of the older Disney movie's we select to watch will be on Netflix.

Or we can all watch Star Trek together.

That's my vote ;)

loveeeeee this idea!! :cheer:

i dont have netflix tho :sorry::(

how about... we pick a movie a week or 2 in advance, that may or may not be on netflix and allow everyone to find their own way for watching the movie, whether it be netflix, renting/borrowing the dvd. or whatever other methods anyone has to watch. :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Last edited:

Myth

I dont really wanna have to pay for netflix when I don't watch tv at all -- so for a one time thing it wouldn't be worth it to me. but it was a good idea

Hm. I wonder if someone could stream netflix and do a videofeed through twitch or some other free platform.

VMK movie night does sound fun, though. Pass the popcorn, please. :whee::please:

Hm. I wonder if someone could stream netflix and do a videofeed through twitch or some other free platform.

VMK movie night does sound fun, though. Pass the popcorn, please. :whee::please:
We just got through saying how this is illegal and we wouldn't condone it on the forums itself though, hence the point in using netflix or hulu.

melonbunnie

Quiet Observer
I work at a library and I have assisted with many different events with our Events Manager. One of these was called YA Movie Night. We would show a movie once a month and teens could come in and watch, eat some popcorn, and talk with each other.
That was all fine and dandy but to be able to do such a thing we needed to purchase a (I believe it was around $500) license to be able to show these movies. (And even after that we were legally obliged to keep it free.) As you can probably guess, this only lasted a few months because the demand was small and was not worth it. But hey, now our library has a license to show movies whenever they need to.

What I'm trying to say is doing something like a movie night is touchy and keeping it out of the public eye is the best option here. If myVMK even decided to post a link to a site where we were streaming the video they would technically be promoters of the event have to pay a hefty fee for this illegal action.

But my suggestion? Do what everyone is saying by starting the movie at the same time AND bring the shoutbox back and we can use that as a chat box while we watch. That way we will each be privately viewing and can talk while we do so. (Also, then if someone is late we could update they on the time in the movie we're at and they could join us.)

I wish everyone luck! It's a great idea, and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to be part of it due to my busy schedule that will only get busier.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in these legal problems, checking out MPLC's site is a great way to learn a little more. And the FAQ's say a lot: http://www.mplc.org/page/faqs

Last edited: