My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kali

MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
First, and foremost I would like to start off by saying I’m Sorry. I am sorry you had to see what I said in a private chat among staff. It should never have been said, but it also never should have been released to the public, as all staff had agreed to never share it. I got caught up in my emotions and lost it. I later apologized after clearing my head, but that part somehow was not posted. I am very sad that instead of focusing on the game now it has become more about what dirt can be found on which person, have we forgotten why they are here?

The reason so many staff members were against me was because I spoke up. I fought for the players. I asked for double credit days and lower prices on items released for building. I asked to not make most wanted items always so difficult to obtain, to let players get those items that they loved and cherished in VMK.. Some staff members brushed it off, laughed at me. I would tell them how it was a struggle for some players to earn credits. They would say that there is no struggle that those with little time should not expect to have much. Some of the other staff members agreed with me, they understood “the player struggle” but they were afraid to speak up because they saw how I was treated. They would ask me to speak up, to say things about what was wrong but rarely backed me up publicly and I can’t blame them. I was happy to do this because it was for the betterment of the game and the team but, of course, some refused to see that. We had some staff leave before out of frustration, some felt they just could not speak up and even if they did they would not be listened to so they sat there upset daily. We have had a lack of organization ever since I started and I believe since the game was opened. Many of us asked for things to get better, be more open about what is going on with all staff but this somehow never happened.

Abs and I will be working with our staff team to get us organized, planning in advance and keeping everyone informed on what the plan is and what Amy is working on. Our staff team is feeling positive, free to speak in the chat, able to joke around and have fun with each other as we work together. Amy needs strong admins to be able to help her with the day to day operations of the game and to manage her staff. Some may hate her decision on her new admins but in the end they are her admins and those she felt she could trust to run the game how she would like it to be done. Amy is one of the most loving, caring and giving people I know. She has given so many hours to this game simply so that we could all enjoy it and much of the time there is little to no thanks for it, sometimes even open hatred or attacks.

During my time on staff I have worked hard to keep the game safe, I have no idea how many hours I have spent doing this. I would talk with some of the players to change their behavior in the game. I didn’t want to ban them. Many of those players had a change of heart, and changed their ways. So many things happened behind the scenes, some of these things not pretty at all but out of respect for Amy I will not share them. I will not provide you with private chats; I will not provide you with game logs. I will not tell you the wrongs of other staff in the past.

Amy, Abs and myself have so many ideas on how to make things different and we will be working diligently to implement them into the game. We want those builders out there to have a better chance at getting the furniture they want yet still have time to spend with their friends. We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment. We will be coming up with fun new ways to release things. This list could go on and on, but the point is, things are going to change.

Now I will address the late night games that many of you think were shady or, showed favoritism. Amy and I had been talking about how dead the game was in the middle of the night there were maybe 20-25 players on the game. We decided to try a trivia room, many players came, they were happy to be playing, they were all interacting. Amy gave out her Tiffiniy pins and they were a big hit. I gave out pink/blue top hat chairs with the occasional dreams badge. Players said we should do more late night events, which were fun. I built a game show room, a game alert was sent out, and players came, excited to play. It was a game of chance; I have no control over what number the generators roll. I would choose players using a command that would pick a random player (same command used during dreams month) and the game would begin. Everyone in the audience was happy, having fun, telling the players to pick higher, or lower. Which curtain to choose. It was a group game, and the players told us it was fun playing even if they didn’t win the big prize. Everyone in the room got a chance. During the games of which there were 2, each running for over 4 hours in total there were 2 clocks won, 1 firewall won by Amy and 1 pink tiki all other players got an egg, frying pan, pink rock or a few credits, all prizes were set beforehand, there was no changing of the way the game was run or the prizes received at the different levels, it was the same for all.
This was a test run to see how players reacted to the game set up. It wasn’t tweeted; it wasn’t put on the calendar because it was a slow game. Staff seemed to ignore the fact Amy that had given permission and was there the entire time. It was almost like they didn’t respect her, and she had to ask for permission from them to do something in her game.

In conclusion I am sorry that many of you feel betrayed or hurt by me and I do hope you can forgive me but I am here and I will be working with our team to bring you a great game experience. I know that with the help of Abs and our wonderful team we are going to make the game more enjoyable and better for all. Amy has so many wonderful and creative new ideas that she wants to add to the game, to make the game more fun and with our help, taking the weight of running the team off her she will be more free to accomplish them. I know we will not be able to make everyone happy all of the time, but we are going to try. I do hope you will at least try to give us a chance, what do you have to lose?

Hope to see you in the kingdom soon,
Kali

Nokuto

Thank You Kali, This is all us players were asking for. Can't wait to see what the future holds. If you could, can you lift the bans you put on no reason?

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I for one know that many people here will still be asking for your resignation for the way you treated your co-workers and players. Six staff members quit as a direct result of your behavior.
^^^^^^ You still hurt the staff, and we lost some great staff members. The way Tink, Grizzly and the others were treated were horrible and they didn't deserve that. Tink had created some great Star Wars/Avengers items for the month of May, but now we will never see them. Along with other Disney Princess outfits and other nice things. And Grizzly has helped Amy ever since the beginning, starting with OVMK. He dedicated so much time to this game, only to have it ruined and be upset enough to leave, along with the Jasmine.

Last edited:

Dinly

Professional Pothole Dodger
I for one know that many people here will still be asking for your resignation for the way you treated your co-workers and players. Six staff members quit as a direct result of your behavior.
Adding to this, no disrespect tho you apologized after clearing your head for the language and how you treated others, but it was not the first time of you doing so. Tho I am your friend I also would appreciate your resignation. Again no disrespect but until is done I am leaving. We are all equals and power has gone to your head. I hope you enjoy that.

MamaNutty

I got caught up in my emotions and lost it.
This is where the issue is!
You also got caught up in your emotions on your player account & literally screamed at me for " pulling the sword"!
Seems you need to learn how to control your emotions.
You can sugar coat all you want but...
Leopards don't change their spots.

Last edited:
Thank you for the apology, and I do hope you guys further improve as a team whatever happens. There does seem to be a lack of structure which I am crossing fingers will be the first port of call after this post. I wish all the staff members the best of luck with rebuilding their reputation, though it will most definitely take time after what happened.

iProsper

"We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment."
quick q: if you get caught up in your emotions again and start harassing another player, will you be held accountable by this??

Airborne

Thank you for opening up to all of us. I am glad to see that all of you are trying to move forward. We are all human and none of us will ever be perfect. Sometimes we may forget that fact. I support all of the staff in what they do for all of us. Good, bad, or whatever. Life will go on and we will overcome these trials too.

Thank you to you and all of the staff for giving me, and everyone else, this wonderful game I so enjoyed years ago and will continue to enjoy until the day it goes silent once again.

Airborne!

cuipet

"We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment."
quick q: if you get caught up in your emotions again and start harassing another player, will you be held accountable by this??
THIS << a certain staff should read this =))))) if youre gonna make the cake you should probably eat it too =)))

VMKfan

what do you have to lose?
Pretty much all the respect I had left for you and whatever is left of the "team". I mean in no disrespect, but I would like to see a resignation at the LEAST. This is not something that can just be blown away. I have STILL seen favoritism among the cliques. It has always been like that since day one, now it has become more transparent. Sorry to say, I just do not feel comfortable with either you or Absolem as staff. And will refuse to play any HOST games, until this is resolved professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.