My Pet Peeve "New Players constantly begging"

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I have noticed the last few days that there are new players going room to room constantly clicking asking for free. This is getting very annoying. Why does it bother me. It ruins it for true new players. However normally you can tell who they are. Because they want to make friends and talk about how exciting it is to be back. Have lots of questions. Look at what you are wearing and ask where do you get this or that. Not just clicking away and asking for free.

I have tried to tell them that making friends first is a great way to start. Not just clicking everyone in a room.
Is there a way for Myvmk staff to stop this. Is it wrong to report this behavior. Is there a way to ban this behavior. It is ok to ask a few people but room after room after room. I could understand when we had 8 year old playing.

Note to anyone clicking me. I will not be gifting you anything. I will do random acts of kindness to new players that I know are new.

If we do not stop this now it can get out of hand fast.

Agreed, it's annoying... I keep getting a bunch of trade requests from the same person in the courtyard for a few days now. I tried to ignore them, but the requests keep popping up.

This asking for free person asked me twice in 2 days. I guess she forgot that she had already asked me and I caught her in her lie since she used the exact same speech the second day. People should be banned for this type of behavior since they are deceiving people, but my guess is that nothing can be done since we can just click ignore trade or stop the trade without giving anything away. But staff should be made aware of this excessive asking and see how "new" this person really is and how many people they have "stolen" from. It really takes away from the fun in the game IMO

Alamar

This asking for free person asked me twice in 2 days. I guess she forgot that she had already asked me and I caught her in her lie since she used the exact same speech the second day. People should be banned for this type of behavior since they are deceiving people, but my guess is that nothing can be done since we can just click ignore trade or stop the trade without giving anything away. But staff should be made aware of this excessive asking and see how "new" this person really is and how many people they have "stolen" from. It really takes away from the fun in the game IMO
You can see how new a person is if you search their username on the main page that you log in on in the Users box. It shows you the day they joined when you look it up.

But yeah I agree that it is annoying and I'm surprised at how its been a recent development. I didn't see much of it when I joined in June but nowI see it happening everywhere

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Honestly, I'm ok with people asking for free so long as it is done politely. I've met tons of nice people who just joined that have asked kindly for some items to help them start up. And they are SO thankful when I am able to give them things. However, I am very much opposed to the players who will trade you and quickly ask you for something free and then close the trade and go on to the next person once they got what they wanted. Or, the players who are so picky about which items they want. But if you're nicely and respectively asking, I see no problem with it. (:

Littlebelle

You can see how new a person is if you search their username on the main page that you log in on in the Users box. It shows you the day they joined when you look it up.

But yeah I agree that it is annoying and I'm surprised at how its been a recent development. I didn't see much of it when I joined in June but nowI see it happening everywhere
Well I can go make a character right now and it will say I started today. That does nothing to show you if they are a clone :)[DOUBLEPOST=1405818927][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly, I'm ok with people asking for free so long as it is done politely. I've met tons of nice people who just joined that have asked kindly for some items to help them start up. And they are SO thankful when I am able to give them things. However, I am very much opposed to the players who will trade you and quickly ask you for something free and then close the trade and go on to the next person once they got what they wanted. Or, the players who are so picky about which items they want. But if you're nicely and respectively asking, I see no problem with it. (:
Yes it is the players that are doing the whole room click after click. The fact people are talking about it in every room says it has gotten out of hand. I always try and talk to new players but they seemed more interested in give me than friends.

THB there were a couple of players doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
I suppose a rule could be enforced, but again, I don't think this is something that can be prevented just by reporting and having them banned, as there are ways to get around it and keep creating new accounts.

If you truly dislike constant trade requests from "new" players, I suggest not responding to them at all and move on.

In situations where there is a genuine new player who repeatedly asks for items, that is considered harassment, so report them one after the other as you please. Nothing else to do other than that.

I hate it when they ask me for free clothing, like "where did you get that, I want it for free plz, im new". I'll give free sits to anyone who comes my way. Any where from birthdays, new players, and people who are just having bad days. Just no pickiness or annoying stories. Long story short, don't waste my time. You want free just make it quick.

i've noticed this too! the past couple days there has also been a lot of free rooms. i just try to ignore it or make fun of it.

The problem with all of this hate is that it groups the bad: the people constantly urging others to give them items to give them a head start, which leads to utter annoyance from other players, and the good: the genuine "newbies" who don't entirely rely on handouts to establish themselves and instead wish to establish genuine relationships to build connections off of. This whole issue is going to make it so we constantly rag on new players, whether pushy or not, due to actions of the minority "bad".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you belle, as all us share the same belief in making vmk better. I understand if you are a new player and will treat you in the same humble, kind manner ive always done to all players. However, begging is a form of harrasment. New player should play the game the right way, to make friends and earn items through purchasing and later through trade just as some of the older players have done since day 1 opening. Also, if a player is indeed new, seek out to help them, answer any questions or even be friends. There just as normal as all of us hahah :)

CandyCars

Well there was a user that asked for free to me so I gave her a gingerbread tree and bench and a lollipop tree. Then I found out she was a established player scamming people. I don't mind helping true new players but this was just low. I could care less about those items... it is just the concept. Real classy... :(

Sophia

I'm not like vmk rich or anything but if someone does ask for free, I'll give them a couple of things that I have several of. I mean seriously, do you really need 15 Dinah pins or 10 pirate turrets whatever, that you'll never use? If they are lying about being new then that's on them and move on, I mean at least they'll put it to good use. A lot of newer players are also young too and some don't care/understand the whole rare system, they simply just want the item for the sake of wanting the item, without seeking some sort of gain from it (unlike most people.) I've seen a lot of my newbie friends quit VMK in less than a month of joining because everyone seems to treat newer players as if they are "beggars" and "uncool" when in fact most just need a helpful hand starting up in the game. I know some might say that we were all new at some point but like if you've been here since day 1, at least you had everyone to start from the bottom together with unlike the new people who are barley discovering MyVMK today.

Littlebelle

NO I see true new players in a totally different light as I think majority do too. You can tell a new player. They want to make connections ( friends) :) They will not spend their entire time clicking ever player in the room asking for free. And when told it is starting to annoy players would not continue on. They will want the fun of community. Asking for help is not wrong. A few times is ok but entire rooms that is where is becomes annoying.

That is why I am mad . These players making clones to beg constantly are hurting the new players. It stops people from wanting to help out. That is why I am mad about this.