MyVMK Black Friday Sale???

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I remember all the talk last November for this and I don't remember if it actually happened. Either way, I want a Black Friday sale, preferably with 1 or 2 of the mega rares at high, yet attainable prices, with more common rares and regular items being discounted.

Cat

Well, I personally hate Black Friday and would hate to see it come to torment my childhood game. I wouldn't be opposed to a whole bunch of Frontierland related items being put in the shop, as what would happen with it being Friday anyways, but I personally don't see the need for a sale. Holiday items should be limited to being sold in the holiday month, which is December on MyVMK and we should stick to Frontierland items for this month, and I can't really think of anything else that I would find appropriate to be put on sale.
Besides, shouldn't we be sitting by the fire with our families digesting the huge meal we ate the previous day anyways? Plenty of people will be out of town and will not be able to dedicate their time to playing a virtual game, so selling items (especially rare items) for only one day would upset a lot of people.

Pirateboi

I am not gonna say for sure what day of the year original vmk did this but it had a half off sale. I wanted to say it was black friday. I could be wrong on the holiday but i know they did a half off sale just cant remember which day it was or what the reason behind it was.

Heidi

I'm with Cat on this one, sorry brother. Not only do I think rereleasing super rares is a terrible idea (as aceastrofan suggested), but there is a strong possibility that most of the American community will not be able to participate because of the holiday. I don't want to see this happen UNLESS it is strictly Frontierland items that were to be released anyway.

Pirateboi

I'm with Cat on this one, sorry brother. Not only do I think rereleasing super rares is a terrible idea (as aceastrofan suggested), but there is a strong possibility that most of the American community will not be able to participate because of the holiday. I don't want to see this happen UNLESS it is strictly Frontierland items that were to be released anyway.
NO NO I just was wondering! :)- Definitely open to everyones opinions thats why i asked.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Not only do I think rereleasing super rares is a terrible idea (as aceastrofan suggested)
You're making it sound like I said, "Release every super rare again," like some major anti-economy person. I suggested one, maybe two more rare items at a higher credit total, like 100,000 credits each. That way, it can still be reachable, but maintain some rareness. I really feel bad for posting this, but I want to justify my reasoning more now.

I didn't mean to start a war. I understand that some people are out of town. The past 7 years i have been one of those traveling to see my family for the holidays. I understand that statement. However i think it would be nice to have items added to game. The trade market is hurting right now. It would be nice to have some items released for short time that away we have things to trade for. Tis a 1 day sale would be nice.. ALL i was trying to say.

Exodus

MyVMK isn't VMK. So nothing from the original has to exactly be implemented into MyVMK. MyVMK in general has had a tradition of not having host events or huge releases during family holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Even if we were to have a Black Friday occurrence in the game, I highly doubt it would be a re-release of any retired rares in a manner of 100,000 credit value (not even regarding that's actually an easy amount to attain). If anything, 10k items similar to sparky or simba would be more appropriate for release. Also.. I'm curious as to why people haven't suggested a price slash of already in-catalog item prices. I'd personally love the Dark Ride pieces having a sale for instance, that would be a true Black Friday implement in-game.

I would like a sale that day. To me, the fact that a lot of people wouldn't be able to get online that day is more of a reason to release a really rare item for one day only. That way the item stays pretty rare, and only a limited number of people get it. That way you don't get the complaints of super rares losing all of their value, and you add a few more to the game, which makes it easier for the people who couldn't get on to buy one to trade for them.

That being said, I'll be traveling all day on Friday, so I'll more than likely be in the club of people who trade for whatever they release, if they release something as one day only sale.

MyVMK isn't VMK. So nothing from the original has to exactly be implemented into MyVMK. MyVMK in general has had a tradition of not having host events or huge releases during family holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Even if we were to have a Black Friday occurrence in the game, I highly doubt it would be a re-release of any retired rares in a manner of 100,000 credit value (not even regarding that's actually an easy amount to attain). If anything, 10k items similar to sparky or simba would be more appropriate for release. Also.. I'm curious as to why people haven't suggested a price slash of already in-catalog item prices. I'd personally love the Dark Ride pieces having a sale for instance, that would be a true Black Friday implement in-game.
Never in my statement did i say that. But as far as idea's on sales i think it would be nice most games do have sales. I simply stated that due to fact its nice to have 1 day sales every now and then. Its what brings items into the kingdom to trade for.

Jasmine

I see no problem with a sale, especially if some Christmas items were a part of it (like the unreleased pink Santa hat). Everyone wasn't able to be online for the original Halloween sale either, but that didn't stop them from having one. Everyone isn't going to be able to participate in everything anyway. If you miss it, it's not their fault. People may be visiting with family, yes, but I think it's unlikely that most people won't have any access to the internet at all. I find that hard to believe knowing most players are teenagers and likely can't go anywhere - even for a day - without their phones, tablets, and laptops. Even if they can't bring their own, it's likely someone's going to have a computer somewhere.

Scoot

Do you believe everything on the internet
I see no problem with a sale, especially if some Christmas items were a part of it (like the unreleased pink Santa hat). Everyone wasn't able to be online for the original Halloween sale either, but that didn't stop them from having one. Everyone isn't going to be able to participate in everything anyway. If you miss it, it's not their fault. People may be visiting with family, yes, but I think it's unlikely that most people won't have any access to the internet at all. I find that hard to believe knowing most players are teenagers and likely can't go anywhere - even for a day - without their phones, tablets, and laptops. Even if they can't bring their own, it's likely someone's going to have a computer somewhere.
That's why Cyber Monday exists, the day where we can ditch the family and shop online.

Jasmine

That's why Cyber Monday exists, the day where we can ditch the family and shop online.
Honestly, Black Friday has become Cyber Friday as well. Just about anything you can get in store can be gotten online (usually at the same sale prices too) on both Thanksgiving (smh) and Black Friday.