MyVMK Website Redesign

Hi all recently I have been working on redesigning MyVMK's website using a software called CMS Pro M2. The website is real and usable and I am open to any suggestions on how to improve the websites design/graphics.

Check it out: http://splotus.com/vmk/index.php

Please note that the login on the left is not an actual login, and only accepts username: test password: password ..
In-case you can not manage the website I have included an image attachment on this thread.

Ps. Dont mind the URL, It's a website I use for another game..

Thanks ~gamesrock

Last edited:

John

I really like it, however there is definitely room for improvement.
If you don't mind I'll give it a little critique.
First and foremost this is a huge improvement over the current site. The login works much better on the left side of the screen, and the calendar is much better accessed easily on the homepage. The calendar should be able to show the events without clicking on them (they should be activated by rollover). The news is also more effective as short stories in blocks.

However, there are a couple of ineffective elements, such as the search bar, and the language selection.
The navigation text should be moved to where the search bar is, and the logo space should be kept as is. Also, "latest articles" should be "latest news"

I'm aware that the image you have now is probably a placeholder, but the banner should be changed to a gallery of sorts, where the image continually changes. (I'm having a brainfreeze I can't think of the correct term, it's like lightbox but not..) The box has arrows and you can see the newest news in images. Here is an example of what I'm talking about, its the changing pictures.(CLICK)

The background could be improved too, but I don't really have any ideas. Overall, great job, its definitely an improvement.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
That looks incredible! I would use it definitely!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
As a web developer, here are my suggestions.

1.Remove the top vmk logo
2.Remove the flag and black banner on top of the site
3. Move the links on top of the MyVMK Banner to underneath it and then center them.
4. Remove the MyVMK Taking you back to the magic thing.
5. Remove the search bar on top
6. Instead of a black transparent text box background, try a gray or white transparent one?
7. Make the footer text smaller.