[myVMKPal] Version 2.0 - Ahoy!

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
UPDATE
Due to the second delay of Pirates, myVMKPal will NOT automatically activate the Pirates button upon release.

We have set it up so we must automatically activate it from our end (don't worry, you won't have to update myVMKPal, or even restart myVMKPal for the button to start working once we activate it!).

This is due to the lack of a countdown, as well as being able to accommodate any additional setbacks should they occur.

Please update to the latest version of myVMKPal, 2.0.2d.

Ahoy mateys! Version 2.0 of myVMKPal has landed ashore! We bring some exciting new features to this update!

• A new Pirates button, allowing you to easily play Pirates from within myVMKPal
    • This functionality will not activate until Pirates is actually released. Until then, the button leaves you with a nice little message c:
  • A re-organised settings menu (with tabs!)
    • It was getting a bit cluttered
  • A new system to hide (and re-show) certain buttons that you may not use
    • Available in Settings->Form Style->Toolbar Buttons

Wondering how the Pirates button works?
From within Settings->Minigame Settings, you have 3 options for Pirates.
  • Popup Window
    • Creates a new window to play Pirates in, allowing you to continue playing MyVMK while you play Pirates.
  • Replace
    • Replaces your MyVMK game with the Pirates game, cancelling anything you were doing in MyVMK OR if you're not already logged in, simply opens Pirates.
  • Swap (only if you're already logged in)
    • Use the Pirates button to switch back and forth between Pirates, and MyVMK, without losing either game state.
As always, update from within myVMKPal, and let us know of any bugs.

Hope you guys enjoy the new update!

See ya, MinoMinios

Last edited:

Elizabeth212

Find your strength in love
Okay I downloaded the new version now it will not work it's saying that MyVMKpal is not responding I uninstalled and re stalled it and the same problem keeps going on what can I do?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Okay I downloaded the new version now it will not work it's saying that MyVMKpal is not responding I uninstalled and re stalled it and the same problem keeps going on what can I do?
What operating system are you using?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Strange. Have you tried completely removing all files that relate to myVMKPal?

These include the app data folder (located at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\MyVMK_Pal)

As well as the program files (Located at C:\Program Files\MyVMK Pal) (could also be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\MyVMK Pal)

And then reinstalling.

Elizabeth212

Find your strength in love
Okay I did that and it's still not working a box comes up that says unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately. Could not find file
C:/users/Elizabeth/AppData/Roaming/MyVMK_Pal/Planner.xml

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Okay I did that and it's still not working a box comes up that says unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately. Could not find file
C:/users/Elizabeth/AppData/Roaming/MyVMK_Pal/Planner.xml
You're going to have to re-install, but I found and fixed that issue.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
About the pop up for pirates, so youll have two VMKs of the same account open? How is that possible?
It's possible because the Pirates game is not a second instance of the rest of the game. It is an instance of the Pirates minigame, but there's no second main game client open.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
*doesnt know whats an instance* but i know now that its possibleXD
In essence, an instance is an occurrence of the game. When you are playing MyVMK, you have one client open, and therefore one instance of MyVMK running. You are not allowed more than one instance on your account at a time. Pirates however, runs as a different client than MyVMK, and therefore does not cause a conflict with the existing game you have open. One instance of MyVMK, and another instance of Pirates.

Amy

Head Administrator
You could always handle exceptions and make it print a visible stack trace telling people who use it to copy and paste this and report it to you :)

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
You could always handle exceptions and make it print a visible stack trace telling people who use it to copy and paste this and report it to you :)
I've thought about that, but I've been lazy.. Eh. It's about time I get that done.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Due to Pirates being pushed back, update 2.0.2b will fix the ability to open Pirates to accommodate the delaythe , which currently (as of 2.0.2a) will show a black screen.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
UPDATE
Due to the second delay of Pirates, myVMKPal will NOT automatically activate the Pirates button upon release.

We have set it up so we must automatically activate it from our end (don't worry, you won't have to update myVMKPal, or even restart myVMKPal for the button to start working once we activate it!).

This is due to the lack of a countdown, as well as being able to accommodate any additional setbacks should they occur.

Please update to the latest version of myVMKPal, 2.0.2d.