MyVMK's The Price is Right

PudgeTheFish

We had an awesome first game last night! It was a full room filled with a lively group. We would like to thank those who joined us! It wouldn't have been as much fun without you.

For those who did join, we would love your feedback. What things did you like? What didn't you like? Is there anything we could to do make the game even more fun? Please let us know!

Last nights winners were:
Ace_sport - Olaf
.Titus. - Dream ears
Karalora - HM room pin

Ace and Titus made it into the Showcase Showdown and spun a final bid of 65 and 46. The actual retail value was 22 so unfortunately neither won the Full HM Suit. :( The good news is that this prize will carry over to the next game so players still have a chance to win it! Our next game will be posted shortly!

Thanks again and see you all soon!
I thought titus won frozen ears

krazybird

I'm not really sure there's anything to change. I thought it was a perfect setup and came as close as possible to the actual game. You guys did an amazing job creating the room and the rules of the game.

The only thing would be the generators creating ties in contestants row. I don't think there's any way to change that though unless you add a second generator like with showcase showdown and have contestants roll two numbers.

All in all though you guys get two thumbs up for a very well put together game. Awesome prizes too!! :cheer::cheer:

Next Game has been scheduled! Short notice, but we will be holding another game tonight after the last Host event of the day.
Please join us tonight, May 31st @ 10pm EST.

We are also working on some daytime games for those who cannot make the later ones. Game times are updated in the room (i) so you can check while you are in game.[DOUBLEPOST=1433071617][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you for the tips. I couldn't believe the number of rolled doubles last night. I think the generators were testing my ability to deal with them :blush:

@krazybird Do you think the double gold gens would be too confusing and crammed in? Foto and I discussed this last night after the game but aren't sure how to fix it without over complicating that part of the game.

@PudgeTheFish This could be a solution but I think the bids need to be locked in before I reveal the actual price like on the game show.

It seemed like everyone caught on to the re-spinning part fairly quickly. We might leave it as is for the next game and see how it goes.

Last edited:

krazybird

@BluEyedGal I kind of like Pudge's idea. Maybe let the contestants spin and their spins stand, even with a tie. If the tie number is the winning number, then the two contestants go on to a tiebreaker round where they spin again, lock in, and then a new price is revealed.

I also think that having multiple generators would not only be congested but also wouldn't distinguish it from the showcase showdown spin.

Rygo

It all started with a Mouse
I missed out on last nights game, due to silly ol' work.
But, as a past game room host (original VMK), this room looks amazing!! Just the kind of thing I was always trying to come up with. Fun, original, and most importantly, entertaining for the players!! Can't wait to play tonight!!

@Mr.GreenGene It was pretty comical at times. We knew this could be an issue before we opened the game, but it seemed to not slow it down any. The game will stay as is for now. If it seems to be causing an issue then we will make some changes.

@Karalora Thank you so much! It's nice to see that players are enjoying it. Definitely makes it worth the hard work and time that went in to creating it.

@Rygo It's hard to come up with a unique game that is both fun and entertaining for everyone (especially with limited resources). We are hoping that this game is both of those things for all who attend. Sorry you were unable to make it last night! See you tonight.

Last edited:
We had another amazing game tonight! Thank you to those who played!

Congrats to tonight's winners:
Karalora (aka LuckyDuck) - Sven
JenJaws - Duffy Hat
SnowQueen - Tow Mater Magic

Karalora and SnowQueen were the Showcase Showdown contestants and spun a final bid of 64 and 36. The actual retail value was 13. Both contestants went over the actual retail value so the Black HM Suit will carry over to our next event.

Also, I'd like to thank @Tohrukun for her suggestion. Going forward, 2 gens will be spun to reveal the Showcase Showdown retail value rather than using the !roll command. This will help give the room a visual of the final actual value and also guarantee that I don't roll under 11, which isn't possible to spin on the generators.

The next game will be Wednesday, June 3rd at 11am EST after the host event. It is possible that another game will be added between now and then so please watch this thread or check in game by reading the room description.

Thanks again for your help in making this game a success!!

Thanks to those who joined us today for another fun game! We had our first game where all 3 contestants on contestants row over bid on an item which gave the audience members a 4th chance to "come on down". You never know if you might get another chance to play so we encourage all players to hang out with us until the end. We also had a very special visitor drop in, Host_Merlin! Thank you @HOST_Merlin for stopping by. :)

Congratulations to Our Winners:
Karalora: 50th Golden Directors Chair and a matching 50th Celebration Mickey Lantern
Meanestpianist: 2 unopened blue crates and 2 unopened pink crates
SnowyJingleBells: Snowman Magic

Karalora and SnowyJingleBells were the Showcase Showdown contestants and spun a final bid of 34 and 55. The actual retail value was 12. Both contestants went over the actual retail value so the Black HM Suit will carry over for a third time to our next event. I have a feeling that this prize will be won next game so don't miss it!!

Thank you again to all who have joined us so far. This game wouldn't be possible without you!