NaNoWriMo

Barnes

Professional Fort Builder
So October is only days away and with that also comes the following month: November. Or, as I know it as: National Novel Writing Month. This year I hope to participate and I have an idea in mind. I was wondering if you guys could give me feedback on the plot idea (or a summary of what's going on prior to the story begins). That being said, the spoiler below is the idea. Thank you! I hope you take the time to read it and give me feedback as you see fit.

The year is 3018 and the youth of the year have developed in ways that the government has supported, proud that they have become more independent than the youth of the past. Teenagers are not afraid to speak their minds and the government takes their words into consideration. Everything has reached the point of agreement and understanding, something that the world has looked for in society for centuries, only to come up short and to never achieve it. And now that they have, everybody is satisfied with how the world is run.

Everyone but The Deviants.

The Deviants are a group of rebels that refuse to conform to how society has changed. The more they reach out to the people, the more people understand how corrupt the government they live under is, even if everything is perfect. One by one, The Deviants are spreading and reaching out. They’re changing the way people think. However, while the people believe that they still have a voice and that they believe the leaders of The Deviants will listen to what they have to say, they’re being brainwashed. The opinions they once had are no longer theirs, but rather the opinions of The Deviants. They follow the word of The Deviants without a second thought to it.

The year is 3021 and The Deviants have taken control of Eureka. The adults have been brainwashed to not question their rule, but the teenagers aren’t having it. They rebel against The Deviants rule and want to change the things they have changed. Those that get caught, however, are killed. Those that have anything to say against the new change in government are forced to stay quiet unless they want to be executed. Several have ran, but not many make it far without The Deviants’ army realizing why they have ran.

At the first change of power, though, several teenagers escaped before they could get caught, before their sense of power in regards to the government was changed. These teenagers feared they they would lose all sense of their personality and become walking experiments. The leader of a group of them that later found others to join them is named Kaleb Picardi. Under his order, he has helped protect these teenagers and make sure that all of them never fall to the rule of The Deviants. With their perseverance and determination to eventually overthrow The Deviants from power, Kaleb could only call the group that grows almost every day by one name.

The Eternals.

Navii

I really like the general idea of the story, however I am not really sure where your going with it. What I mean by that is who's side of the story are you following, The Eternals, Deviants, or just an individual character?