Need Birthday Suggestions!

Hey everyone! :squee: My birthday is coming up in April and I don't have any plans. EEK! :balloon:
I honestly can't come up with ANYTHING so I could really use some help...

I live in FL and my last five birthdays have been spent within the "Disney bubble". I'd really like to try something new for change. :art: It's just my mom and sister this year, so I'd like to travel and have a quiet, pleasant day. Our budget is limited due to blowing it on our last big road trip, but I asked my mom and she said we could stay a night or two in a hotel and we could go outta state if it's no more than one day's drive. For FL, I've looked into Boca Raton, Naples, and quieter locations near Miami. Otherwise, I've looked into Savannah, GA (suggestion from mom), cities in the Carolinas, and as far as Nashville. We have a huge problem because of spring break which always make it difficult to do basically anything in FL. I don't want to have to fight the crowds and the heat. :mob: (I dunno if I'd consider a beach, but I'd love recommendations anyway). Miami, touristy beaches, The Keys, and Atlanta are out of the question. I don't know how the crowds are everywhere else.

I either want to be immersed in nature or a big city; either one (or both!) as long as I can have an adventure. (: A must for me is an excellent food scene and nice shopping & art districts don't hurt, either. I enjoy gardens, state/national parks, animals, museums, live shows, etc. but I'm not a fan of sports or anything extreme. I'm not too interested in historical sites either (just for my b-day), unless they're fun. I'm not terribly picky...I just want to have a good time!

So, yeah, I'm open to all suggestions! I really need to make my plans & reservations within the next few weeks.
Thank you!!! :hug:

I went to Savannah on a trip for Girl Scouts a couple summers ago! I had tons of fun! There's really cool cemeteries, pretty cool ghost tours, beautiful architecture, a river-walk shopping place, and some awesome parks. The food was great, too! If I had to pick, that's where I'd suggest.

Happy early birthday, lol!

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
I HIGHLY recommend Nashville...I have a lot of family in Tennessee and I had an OUTTA THIS WORLD time there when I went to visit them

I can't recommend Nashville. I went there and just about wanted to die from boredom...

I'll recommend Georgia's Tybee Island or Atlanta. Atlanta is FULL of museums, (The High Museum), black history/Martin Luther King Jr stuff. Coca Cola World..The Disney World of coke. It's really epic and you can try coke from all the world and see years worth of adverts. We have have Centennial Olympic Park.. From when Olympics where held here. It's one of the most lovely parks I've seen. There's a big ferris wheel you can sit in and see the whole city. Also there's Piedmont Park. Georgia Aquarium (World's largest aquarium). There's stone mountain, which is just awesome. World's largest exposed piece of natural granite. There's tons to do there. We're a VERY multicultural city and it quite feels like a mini-new york.

I highly recommend going to Naples, FL. It is so so so beautiful and lots of nice places to go shop. :) And the boat rides you can get there are great, too!

Ocean Isle Beach is a really great beach in North Carolina and I highly recommend going there. They have mini golf and some great restaurants right there on the island! It's also close to Calabash, NC, which also has some great restaurants and shopping, and it has the Calabash Creamery, which produces the best ice cream I have ever eaten in my life! You should definitely consider! There is usually no one there for Spring Break. It's close enough to Myrtle Beach that you could go to the attractions there if you wanted, but it's going to be crowded there and I recommend avoiding the area. :)