Net Neutrality Petition

Exodus

^ It's pretty straightforward if you read.

"With America having some of the slowest, most expensive Internet access in the world..."

Oh God... you do not know how true and disappointing that is. We need to learn from Europe.

Doesn't get any slower than Australia, we have fiber to the home under the previous government being rolled out at a very slow rate, but with the swap of government, it is now fiber to the node.

Right now I have neither, but this is what I consider a VERY good day :P (note my upload speeds)

Ah the US is darn cheap to Canada. And your phone charges for data usage is about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
TBH

Canada loses in all aspects, even though there's fair game and zero monopoly on ISP or phone service. Greedy companies, WIND is the only shining light.

Net neutrality, for those who don't know, is a policy which forces Internet providers to treat all traffic equally. That is, they can't slow down Netflix because it competes with their cable service, and they can't cut a deal with Microsoft to give priority to Bing searches over Google's. This is important to maintaining an open Internet. Some will try to tell you that the free market will enforce net neutrality. Some are also short-sighted and forget that Internet is, at best, served by a duopoly. Your ISP wants all the money it can get, and it will squeeze every dime out of you because you have nowhere to turn.

ISPs are what forced Netflix to increase its price recently; they refused to cooperate with Netflix's CDN (which Netflix offered for free), and instead, Netflix is paying Verizon and Comcast to peer. Netflix might be able to afford this, but the next Netflix is a poor company who can't take on this cost.

Ah the US is darn cheap to Canada. And your phone charges for data usage is about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
Your healthcare is also about half the cost per capita.

But yeah, somehow Canadian telecom is worse than it is in the US. I chalk that up to having fewer cell carriers, in part.