Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll see what he's like first....

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I Don't Care!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
So it premiers today/yesterday/tomorrow depending on where you are!
I've been into the show for years, but I lost touch with the show when Matt Smith was the Doctor, he was just too goofy for my taste.
Who's excited?! What do you think of the new Doctor? Do you like Clara?
I just want to know what everyone is thinking!
Tell me how you liked the premier!

Kinglaser

I have it set to record since I won't be home for it! I spent all day yesterday skipping around on season 7. I watched the Asylum of the Daleks, then the Snowmen, and then the Name/Day/Time of the Doctor.
Then I got bored and started watching Arrow on Netflix and fell in love with that.

Harmuffin

Adventure time, come on grab your friends!
OMG, I got into the show about a couple of years ago and I just got caught up on all of the episodes of 2005 revival to the present this summer. YIPPEE, the new episode is premiering. I'm off to go watch it now!

soooooooooooo peter capaldi is no longer the doctor now? I'm still two seasons back I think...
Capaldi is the next/new Doctor - the 12th (sort of, lol), and he makes his debut today in series 8. Eccleston was in series 1, Tennant series 2-4, and Smith series 5-7 .
The 11th Doctor regenerated in the last Christmas special.

---

I'm super excited for tonight! I'm making a few things from this cookbook to celebrate. There are some really nice recipes in there. :D

My family isn't thrilled for Capaldi...my older sister is thrown off because he was in both DW and Torchwood before. I think my mom and younger sister don't like that he's going to be colder/darker. I'm interested to see him, though. We haven't watched the classic series, but it's obvious they seem to be touching back on it. I was annoyed how the Doctor kept getting younger and frillier. I've been wanting to see an older Doctor for a while and this is a pleasant surprise. I assume he's going to have a slightly darker sense of humor. I'm curious! I didn't think Smith was an awful Doctor, but I didn't enjoy him as much as Tennant. Still, that bow tie scene hit me in the feels. :please:

I do NOT like Clara. She's my least favorite companion next to Martha, honestly. I find her over-presumptuous and I don't like the way they tied her into the past. I'm glad she's leaving. :shrug:

HaleighRose

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Matt Smith was completely terrible... He was on for such a long time too, and I HAD to watch to see what was going on but I couldn't handle him for longer than two episodes at a time..
I am super excited for Capaldi, I think he's going to be a lot like Eccleston and I love that!! Eccleston was my favorite and I am still upset about him only having 1 season AND I was hoping he'd show up in the 50th but NO. Super annoyed by that... I think going to the darker/colder part of the Doctor is a great idea. The Classics were pretty dark for that time and going back to the roots is a great idea!
Still not sure about Clara, but I hope when she leaves they bring someone back like Dona, she was the best! I would love to see a relationship like that again with the doctor.

I don't like Clara. Rose was my favorite companion. I enjoyed watching most of the episodes of the recent seasons. Got me through a really tough time last fall. Not sure if I will be able to watch the new season soon, but hopefully it will be good. My favorite things about series are the stories, the humor, the Daleks haha, and Jack!

Hmm and Smith, Tennant, and Eccleston (who sorta reminded me of an older version of my former ethics professor heheh) were hot tbh c:

Harmuffin

Adventure time, come on grab your friends!
I watched the episode last night and I honestly liked it. It's weird but I like how the Doctor is darker, it reminds me of when Christopher Eccleston was the doctor. (I know I'm young and I haven't seen Classic Who, sorry, but Eccleston was my first doctor, though) I'm still iffy on Clara. There were moments when I liked her ( her verbal takedown of Madame Vastra), hated her ( her yelling at the Doctor even though I think she was justified) and felt sorry for her (when the Doctor had left her on the ship and she had to hold her breath). Clara even made me laugh, but that was kinda Strax ( when Strax beaned her in the face with the newspaper ) Wooh, Clara's taking me on an emotional field trip. Madame Vastra and Jenny were awesome as usual! Strax was hilarious. Anyway, I think the episode was good and I'll be looking forward to seeing rest of the season.

HaleighRose

I hated/loved the episode... I absolutely LOVE how the Doctor is super dark, but the episode moved super slow and it lost me here and there. I'll try and not spoil it, but that certain phone call was the only thing that gave me the feels! Clara just made me angry through the whole show, I kept thinking "Girl calm down!" I did love how the doctor kind of put down her personality! Made me super happy.
I'm looking forward to the new Doctor and I love
how he's SCOTTISH!
, I just hope the the writing gets a little faster, back to normal. Other than that, Season 8 should be fun!

So I Im gonna post here instead of a new thread, even though this is the next season... This past weeks episode ("Face The Raven") hit me right in the feels.

Do NOT read this if you havent watched the most recent episode.
Ive known since the beginning of this season that Clara wasnt going to make it through the season, and for the last few weeks shes been really annoying with how arrogant and stupid shes been. I kept telling my sister that I coudnt wait for a new companion, like I wanted a change, but now that shes actually gone... Im pretty upset. I loved Clara through seasons 7 and 8, and Id be lying if I said I wont miss her. The next companion better be good, or Its gonna be like rubbing salt in the wound :/

Kinglaser

I really enjoyed the Heaven Sent episode! Looking forward to the next.
The part in the trailer for the next episode, when it shows someone regenerating, is scaring me.. Capaldi better not be leaving already :/

The Christmas Special was great ;)

Kinglaser