New HOST

Fiyero

How does simply knowing about items give anyone a specific advantage over others? As it was pointed out, it's not like they have millions of credits on their personal account and they aren't simply giving themselves the items. They still have to work for them on their own accounts. Knowing this, it would probably give them a disadvantage more than anything. They won't have near the time that everyone else has to work on their own account, as they will have to be doing duties related to their position instead of playing fireworks/shell collecting 24/7.

Jasmine

How does simply knowing about items give anyone a specific advantage over others? As it was pointed out, it's not like they have millions of credits on their personal account and they aren't simply giving themselves the items. They still have to work for them on their own accounts. Knowing this, it would probably give them a disadvantage more than anything. They won't have near the time that everyone else has to work on their own account, as they will have to be doing duties related to their position instead of playing fireworks/shell collecting 24/7.
I think her point was that they have foreknowledge of what's coming out, and possibly what will be retired. That's what it seemed to me at least. Credit amount has nothing to do with it anyway... If that's what Elizabeth's point was, I assume she's thinking they'll be able to stock up on the items they know will be retired.

If not, then I don't know what she meant.

relizabeth

yes this is what i was saying. If you know what is going to come out you can save up for that item and know you need the credits for that item. and if you know when something is going to be retired you can buy multiple of that item and then be able to trade it as a rare later on.

S

Solar

I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal about this? Yeah, the HOSTs probably have a little bit of inside knowledge, but they're not going to have the same amount of time they did before to play on personal accounts. And honestly, who cares? The management team did their best to pick out individuals who they thought would be well suited for the job. It's not OUR job to be on their case about who they are and if they're qualified. Just relax and enjoy the game. You'll be able to see when you play the game if they're good candidates or not. Anyways, congratulations to the new staff members! :)

InaDaze

The Confused One.
yes this is what i was saying. If you know what is going to come out you can save up for that item and know you need the credits for that item. and if you know when something is going to be retired you can buy multiple of that item and then be able to trade it as a rare later on.
They might learn this information, but they will not have nearly as much time to go out and earn credits... Just as Fiyero said. They have their duties to follow.

I'm sure the staff knew and thought of such things before hand. I just don't see why we are arguing over virtual items either... I thought everyone wanted to get more staff members but if we are going to be picky over these kind of things then I don't understand what anyone wants. You have to trust who Amy, Kevin, Grizzly, and whoever else is involved in selecting. They will take who they think is the best of the best of us and again I'm sure there's many things they have considered on selecting these staff members.

I think Cherub and Celluloid will be great additions to the staff and I wish them the best of luck!

Jasmine

Okay, gotcha! :D

I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal about this? Yeah, the HOSTs probably have a little bit of inside knowledge, but they're not going to have the same amount of time they did before to play on personal accounts. And honestly, who cares? The management team did their best to pick out individuals who they thought would be well suited for the job. It's not OUR job to be on their case about who they are and if they're qualified. Just relax and enjoy the game. You'll be able to see when you play the game if they're good candidates or not. Anyways, congratulations to the new staff members! :)
I don't think anyone's making a big deal... It just sounded like she had a real concern that she wanted to be addressed. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, I don't see why everyone seems to think HOSTs will be super busy? I'm sure they'll be busier than the average player, but it's not like they're on all the time like moderators are; they're only on for events and such.

Shrimp

This is true in a way but not a major problem. Grizzly has once stated he has a player account (which we all never come to learn), for all we know he could be sitting on our friend's list right this moment for some of us. Grizzly knows more than the hosts will ever come to know. I guess this is where the whole 'trust' factor plays in. You just have to trust Amy and Grizzly on choosing the right people to not abuse the extra knowledge. I'm sure they keep tabs on the hosts' original accounts for anything fishy such as stocking up on soon-to-be rare items.

relizabeth

Okay, gotcha! :D

I don't think anyone's making a big deal... It just sounded like she had a real concern that she wanted to be addressed. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, I don't see why everyone seems to think HOSTs will be super busy? I'm sure they'll be busier than the average player, but it's not like they're on all the time like moderators are; they're only on for events and such.
thats what i was thinking too. I dont see hosts on very much at all.
and i wasnt really arguing about anything. someone just asked a question if hosts were going to be able to have a personal account too and someone said they shouldnt and i just agreed with them. and said why i agreed. now if they dont get to know that information then i dont care if they have another account.

Mason

From some encounters I've had in VMK and other games, the hosts were busy even though you don't see them. Aside from actually running the events, I'm sure there's a lot of planning and building involved. I know in some situations rooms and rides were being built more than a month in advance just from accidentally stumbling upon unlocked rooms. I know many of the past staff had secondary accounts and I don't think it changed anything. The staff account would take priority I'd say to the point that they aren't going to go out of their way to take advantage of any possible inside knowledge for their secondary account. Just an opinion :)

Forgot to say, welcome to the new hosts! :)

This is true in a way but not a major problem. Grizzly has once stated he has a player account (which we all never come to learn), for all we know he could be sitting on our friend's list right this moment for some of us. Grizzly knows more than the hosts will ever come to know. I guess this is where the whole 'trust' factor plays in. You just have to trust Amy and Grizzly on choosing the right people to not abuse the extra knowledge. I'm sure they keep tabs on the hosts' original accounts for anything fishy such as stocking up on soon-to-be rare items.
Knowledge is power ! :) ( On a side note, i also pick along side Grizzly and Amy.)