New mods

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Are these people that were chosen but given new forum accounts like the in-game mods, or were they selected outside of the game? And when I say "new mods" I mean the ones that have be picked in the last two days or so, like Sparrow.

Just wondering, sorry if it's a bother.

Last edited:

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
My question is if they're the old SB mods (who imo weren't too good at doing their job), and why there's been no real announcement about them when we've been given announcements (or at least Tweets) for most (if not all) other staff members who joined, both in-forums and in-game.

Jasmine

I still don't understand why forum moderators (or shoutbox moderators) need to be semi-anonymous. If you ask me, it kinda defeats the purpose if some are known and others aren't. Not to mention that if someone can't deal with the issues that a moderator faces, why are they being hired?

philitup

The Internet Champion!
My question is if they're the old SB mods (who imo weren't too good at doing their job), and why there's been no real announcement about them when we've been given announcements (or at least Tweets) for most (if not all) other staff members who joined, both in-forums and in-game.
True, that was always done for new mods on OVMK. It's needed even more so now with the in-game mods that aren't listed anywhere by the staff or on the forums.

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
If they're mature enough (or favored, whatever) by staff to be picked to become moderators/any member with an actual position of power, then they ought to be mature and good enough to tell us who they actually are. None of the other forum moderators had to hide who they are as far as I'm aware. I'm not gonna trust someone in a position of power who can't bother to tell us who they are in-game. (Hosts are a different story, but forum moderators? Please. This is taking the line between the forums and the game to become even more merged than really is necessary).

Jasmine

If they're mature enough (or favored, whatever) by staff to be picked to become moderators/any member with an actual position of power, then they ought to be mature and good enough to tell us who they actually are. None of the other forum moderators had to hide who they are as far as I'm aware. I'm not gonna trust someone in a position of power who can't bother to tell us who they are in-game. (Hosts are a different story, but forum moderators? Please. This is taking the line between the forums and the game to become even more merged than really is necessary).
Agreed. I've found that when moderators members aren't very well acquainted with are hired, members are less likely to go to those people when they actually need help. It probably sounds crazy, but eh. That's one reason I'm against anonymous moderators. Members should feel like they know the moderators well enough to feel comfortable contacting them. :shrug:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I have no problem with the moderators remaining anonymous. We have a lot of members who would easily take control of the moderators they personally know. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Keeping the moderators anonymous so far has proven to be non destructive, so until there are complications, I have no reservations towards it whatsoever. And also, I think it's illogical and immature to judge the new moderators before they've even had a chance to prove themselves. Especially since a majority of the judgement is based off of speculation and premature assumptions. Take every step as it come, don't try and race ahead.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
And if you had everyone doing it then I guess, but it's just weird to only have some people on their main account and some not. It just doesn't make any sense at all, and I like the staff in general, but this is just weird. When I was a mod on other sites we never had the option of getting a new account.

I dislike the whole hiding who people are idea altogether. It's like they're making them the secret service, over a few issues that they can't seem to resolve but every other game that I play can. It's not better that people not know because from past experience's, we noticed word travels on who the staff is and mainly they're hoping this will resolve issues, but it takes actual adults to know how to moderate, not teens.

I don't mind that they remain anonymous whether it be their own preference or a decision made among staff/higher-ups. Probably for their own safety. Give them a chance. If they do their job well, great - appreciate it by giving them praise as well as space as necessary. If they don't do their job, move on by trying to get help from someone who does their job, but remember to give them time and be respectful. If they continue to not do their job or abuse their privilege, I would only hope that they would have to face the consequence of being warned to get their act together or having to forfeit their position.

In the end, staff choose who they choose. Hopefully people they can trust, which is the most important and the most difficult to find those they can hire regardless of age or game seniority which often times doesn't necessarily always have a correlation to whether someone can do a good job. We just have to trust that staff are doing the best for the whole community and only with most of our cooperation can they do that.

And people make mistakes and may already feel bad for making them so no need to persecute them for it because you may not know the whole story and what really happened. Just forgive them and move on or just move on.

What's done is done and better left in the past, and energy and time should be spent in improving the most important matters of the game in the best way possible for everyone. Whether it is to be patient and stay quiet or voicing a plausible respectful opinion here and there. Something this small just like how crates were handled shouldn't affect a player's ability to enjoy the game. A game. Try to take a step back and appreciate what's already been done and being done as well as thinking it over again objectively and rationally - is it truly a big deal?

Again this is not directed at anyone, it's just what I think considering all that's been happening and such :)

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I agree with this. We should be told who they are, I'm not that comfortable with forum newly hired moderators refusing to tell us who they are in game.

AlphaTheEdge

In my opinion, they can remain anonymous as long as they do their jobs. Think about how many people who actually play myvmk and choose to be anonymous. There's nothing wrong with it, these players choose to make that decision and that is fine. For all I know, one of my best friends on here is a guy who could really be a girl.. It doesn't matter. They made their decision. Their job is to make the forums a better place. For us players. For that, they should have our full fledge support until they do something to lose it.