New Newsletter

Lost

Is this how it's gonna be every time something new comes out? People complaining endlessly? Be thankful we got new releases and a new newsletter with everything that's happened. I don't understand why our community is consistently unsatisfied. Yes we all wish changes would be made, but with over 1,000+ replies combined in the recent announcement threads, there looks like there won't be any changes any time soon.
That's exactly the point. They want us to be quiet and for all of this to go away. Telling people to "calm down and move on" is basically like telling them to endorse and support the staff when clearly many don't.

People are only endlessly complaining because we are being ignored and none of our worries or questions will be answered.

That's exactly the point. They want us to be quiet and for all of this to go away. Telling people to "calm down and move on" is basically like telling them to endorse and support the staff when clearly many don't.

People are only endlessly complaining because we are being ignored and none of our worries or questions will be answered.
Ok but what does the newsletter have to do with that? If you want to complain go to the many threads that are obviously open for that.

Cat

Yeah I agree, it was poorly worded. I thought for over a week that they meant mothers day was a forceful holiday lol. I guess I don't really class May the Fourth as a holiday, so it being referred to as one probably threw me off.
I feel like the whole newsletter sounds wonky to me, but that may just be me looking too closely into it.

And of course, we’ll be celebrating a “forceful” holiday, Mother’s day, and a beloved landmark’s diamond anniversary! You cannot stop the mayhem, you can only hope to be there for it.
May the Fourth is replaced with a "forceful holiday", Disney's 60th is replaced with "a beloved landmark's", and Mother's day is just Mother's day. That whole sentence to me is just very in-direct and awkward... but oh well.

Also,
Ok but what does the newsletter have to do with that? If you want to complain go to the many threads that are obviously open for that.
I believe this whole thread was created with the intention of criticizing the newsletter. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Wonder. Our replies to the previous threads are obviously not being read or responded too, so we're forced to create other threads to get noticed.

Lost

The newsletter used to be done by Grizzly (I believe) who in my opinion did a better job, it was clearer, it didn't have TBA on trivia winners, it was better laid out and I preferred it. If recent events didn't happen then the newsletter would be up to the standards it was before, and as this is a thread about the newsletter, I will air that opinion here.

Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1431037970][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel like the whole newsletter sounds wonky to me, but that may just be me looking too closely into it.

May the Fourth is replaced with a "forceful holiday", Disney's 60th is replaced with "a beloved landmark's", and Mother's day is just Mother's day. That whole sentence to me is just very in-direct and awkward... but oh well.
No I agree agree, it sounds the same to me.

I think the whole system for how to win the popcorn magic is pretty cool! :D And things change, but who cares? That's how life goes. You can either drag your feet in the mud or roll along with it. If you don't support what's going on, why stick around and complain? Just my personal opinion.

As much as you guys (myself included) are upset with staff and what has happened over the past couple of days, it's pretty rude for you guys to be criticizing the new items that our own community members made. At least show some respect for @Starlina and @Pacific, I'm sure they worked hard on their own creations.

Anyways, I agree with @Cat, the newsletter sounds and looks very strange, but I don't really know what I expected under this new "management."

Is anyone else wondering why you can get 10* popcorn magic? Is 5* magic not enough any more?

Grizzly did way better newsletters imo.

Also the trivia winners are TBA? Lol. It was probably hard finding winners when a ton of people sent emails complaining about the direction of the game and all the bans that have been happening since new administration : )
Uhh? I think that was highly unnecessary to state in this thread. There are other places to mention those things.

Lost

Uhh? I think that was highly unnecessary to state in this thread. There are other places to mention those things.
This is a thread about the newsletter and the trivia is part of that. It's obviously not a complete newsletter being put out if things are missing. I was just commenting on why things may be missing. It's not my fault that staff can't post the trivia winners for whatever reason.

Wonder

Also,

I believe this whole thread was created with the intention of criticizing the newsletter. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Wonder. Our replies to the previous threads are obviously not being read or responded too, so we're forced to create other threads to get noticed.
yes you are right lol i felt like the popcorn magic seemed..... rushed and the newsletter is not written to its usual standard, as I had expected it wouldn't be considering the staff that remain are not.... the talented ones we need.

britboy

I don't feel like anyone is 'getting angry'. We're still angry and upset. They're just giving us candy so we stop crying without actually addressing any issues. It's infuriating.
Would you rather they not add any items? I understand protesting it but attacking the quality/number of the items and newsletter is completely seperate to the actual issues that are at hand. By complaining about these tiny things it's almost trivialising the complaints about the actual problems that are currently ongoing.

The person who made this newsletter is probably doing it for the first time, and it seems pretty rude to be slating the wording and layout (which is a pun which many newsletters have had before), especially considering we don't know who is making the newsletter.

Wonder

Would you rather they not add any items? I understand protesting it but attacking the quality/number of the items and newsletter is completely seperate to the actual issues that are at hand. By complaining about these tiny things it's almost trivialising the complaints about the actual problems that are currently ongoing.

The person who made this newsletter is probably doing it for the first time, and it seems pretty rude to be slating the wording and layout (which is a pun which many newsletters have had before), especially considering we don't know who is making the newsletter.
Idk about everyone else, but I'd rather see the staff changes we've been asking for before anything new was added but hey

and its not like we can't guess who wrote it bye

britboy

Idk about everyone else, but I'd rather see the staff changes we've been asking for before anything new was added but hey

and its not like we can't guess who wrote it bye
How do you know who wrote it? There are other staff still in that team that have done nothing wrong who could have written it? @HOST_Nemo @Host_aquata @VMK_Rosetta, and any staff that we don't know about.

Cat

I never attacked the quality of the items. I happen to love Pacific and Starlina's stuff. I do feel like it was rushed and a bunch of new things are being thrown at us. Kali/Amy even said they had big plans to move past this month. They obviously want to forget. They lost Tink, so they're obviously grasping at straws for things to release. Tink was apparently supposed to have her Avengers items released, but requested that that not be released after the recent events. So I assume that threw them off a bit.
I mean come on...
Trash can magic?
Popcorn magic?
Churro carts?
Ice cream carts?
New ride pieces?
Lots of new pins?
It's just like what they do in the media and the news. They distract you with stupid news stories to keep you focused off of the real news. It's kind of a common tactic that many people do in order to control and quell the masses.

britboy

I never attacked the quality of the items. I happen to love Pacific and Starlina's stuff. I do feel like it was rushed and a bunch of new things are being thrown at us. Kali/Amy even said they had big plans to move past this month. They obviously want to forget. They lost Tink, so they're obviously grasping at straws for things to release. Tink was apparently supposed to have her Avengers items released, but requested that that not be released after the recent events. So I assume that threw them off a bit.
I mean come on...
Trash can magic?
Popcorn magic?
Churro carts?
Ice cream carts?
New ride pieces?
Lots of new pins?
It's just like what they do in the media and the news. They distract you with stupid news stories to keep you focused off of the real news. It's kind of a common tactic that many people do in order to control and quell the masses.
Fair enough if you have that idea but I mean what else were they supposed to do? They've obviously had to completely overhaul the month and make a whole new month. I think they've done pretty well and forming a month at the last minute.

Let's consider that Kali is not going to resign (which looks likely), what would you rather they do? Would you prefer they just seem incompetent and release very few items? At this point it's looking likely nothing we say is going to change whether Kali stays or goes.
This doesn't help your argument.