Nickelodeon

Andrew

This is a thread to basically discuss Nickelodeon.

Do you prefer Nickelodeon now or back in the 1990's/early 2000's?
I prefer the old Nickelodeon because they had more comedy shows and game shows which were awesome :).

What are your favorite Nickelodeon shows?

I liked a lot of Nickelodeon shows. I watched a lot of the shows from the 1990's and early 200's, but also watched more recent shows (Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, Naked Brothers Band, etc.)

If you are looking for a list of television shows broadcasted on Nickelodeon you can look at this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Nickelodeon

Also, was anyone here ever on any of the game shows? Or did anyone here ever visit Nickelodeon Studios (in Orlando, Florida) before it closed? I always wanted to visit that place and be on one of the game shows but never was able to get there.

PS. If you were not around during the Nickelodeon shows in the 1990's/early-mid 2000's, or you did not watch Nickelodeon at the time, I suggest you go on YouTube and watch some of the old shows. Television shows like All That, Kenan & Kel, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, The Amanda Show, and the game shows were awesome in my opinion.

I do prefer to early 90's shows just because that's what I grew up with, but there is one Nick show that I absolutely love. Even though it ended after a few seasons, Victorious is and probably always will be one of my favorites!
I did get to experience going to one of the game shows, but I was only around 3 or 4 years old so I don't remember it. I do know that somewhere around the house, there are pictures of my mom playing as a contestant in one of the shows.. Not sure which one, or if it was ever televised though. I'll have to search for the pictures so I can share!

Andrew

I do prefer to early 90's shows just because that's what I grew up with, but there is one Nick show that I absolutely love. Even though it ended after a few seasons, Victorious is and probably always will be one of my favorites!
I did get to experience going to one of the game shows, but I was only around 3 or 4 years old so I don't remember it. I do know that somewhere around the house, there are pictures of my mom playing as a contestant in one of the shows.. Not sure which one, or if it was ever televised though. I'll have to search for the pictures so I can share!
Please do...I am curious to know which show she was on.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I like the old Nick a lot better, just like the Disney Channel, it seems like they've ran out of good ideas for kids TV shows these days. :(

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
All the game shows ruled! (Just saw legends and Figure it out yesterday :D) ALL THAT WAS AWESOME, Anything Dan Schneider (Drake & josh, All that, Victorious, stuff like that)

It seems Dan Schneider is losing his touch though, I've heard Sam and Cat's ratings are far worse than most of his other shows. (But what do I know, I'm just a bitter Victorious fan ;) )
Still looking for my old pictures! I promise they exist.. Somewhere. Now that I think about it, I don't think she was on one of the cool game shows, it almost seems like it was one of the things they'd do during commercial breaks? Like how they used to do Pick Boy except it was waaaay before Pick Boy was around. I wish I remembered it better so I could really explain it lol

My favorite 90's Nikelodeon shows are definetly Are You Afraid of the Dark, Salute Your Shorts and Kenan and Kel!
Are you afraid of the dark was one of my favorite shows xd . Actually got all the episodes on DVD now from this dude a few years back.

I also liked the show Doug that came on Nickelodeon , I think that was around 91, same time as are you afraid of the dark.

I also liked the goosebumps tv show series they did from certain books around 95 I believe. Wasn't Nickelodeon, I think it was called fox kids or something like that at the time

jbaum

keenen and kel, double dare 2000, legends of the hidden temple, doug, rocket power, rockos modern life, ahhh real monsters, the adventures of pete and pete, clarissa explains it all, hey arnold, angry beavers, kablam, action league now, (original) all that

NO show today beats any of those shows from back then, back then had all the best shows