no set genders?

i was just thinking about this, and i think it could be a good idea. a lot of people said that clothing shouldn't be gender specific, so we just get rid of set genders altogether? no selection at the beginning and everybody can have any hairstyle, face, clothes, just whatever. it's nearly like that already anyway, but making it official would be really awesome.

this is a game aimed for kids, and kids might be weirded out by the concept of not choosing a gender
what's the point of "making it official" anyway?

Gnome

i was just thinking about this, and i think it could be a good idea. a lot of people said that clothing shouldn't be gender specific, so we just get rid of set genders altogether? no selection at the beginning and everybody can have any hairstyle, face, clothes, just whatever. it's nearly like that already anyway, but making it official would be really awesome.
Louistomlinson,
I personally don't agree with what you're saying because it's like what "Priapus" stated. & another reason is because it would be very confusing and the male/female option would then just be considered useless because basically if this was too take place then you'd just be cross-dressing. It's weird..You know?

Best Wishes!

I like this idea. I hate having to bug my female friends for female clothes. If they were worried about cross dressing they wouldn't allow clothes to be traded like that. I was super excited I could buy the princess dress tho.

this is a game aimed for kids, and kids might be weirded out by the concept of not choosing a gender
I agree with you on that, and I also don't agree because some of the hair nowadays that boys have well what I've seen is quite long, and some of the kids who are cross gendered want to dress their character to represent them! I think the best way to go with this if that they make female/male items but keep some items male, and female only! because it will also worth allot to someone else later in the game for clothing if you get the other gender clothing, and trade it! :)

I couldn't find the words I wanted last night, but here they are:

I'd be happy with making almost everything unisex, but children might find not choosing a gender to be weird
Jude stated what I would have said if this thread was about the clothing n not gender;make some items male-only and some female-only for fun

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
I think this is an excellent idea.
I really don't see why children would think the idea is weird. I don't think children necessarily put as much stock in the importance of gender as we might think. I certainly didn't when I was young. If they want to mix-and-match, they will. If making a character that can be clearly read as male or female is important to them or perhaps the only thing that makes sense to them, then they'll build their character accordingly.

I'd rather have the set genders, but maybe with an additional "unspecified" option for people who would prefer it that way?

Enso

It's annoying how this game is turning into a fight for transgender rights. I support it and all but this is just a game and I'm confused why people are turning it into something it doesn't need to be.

Would I support not having a gender option at all? Nope. As a proud gay man with many friends as cross-dressers, this game isn't dedicated to little boys running around going "I HAVE BOOBIES!!!". Would I support having a female/male option in our closet so that we can switch between the two? Definitely. Habbo does it and there hasn't been complaining with them. They're all sorts of a demographic too.

I was someone upset by clothing being taken away as unisex, but that's only for now. When beta is completed, I'm very well hoping that boys wear boys clothes and girls wear girls clothes. A tab to switch between the two is good but don't mush to identities into one avatar at once. That's just creepy.

I find it to be pretty ******** stupid that something so freaking insignificant is actually receiving so much attention. WHO. CARES!

Holy ******** seriously. Girl = XX chromosomes --- Boy = XY chromosomes --- Girl = Female clothing ---- Boy = Male clothing.

I mean, are you gender confused or something, OP?

Holy ******** seriously. Girl = XX chromosomes --- Boy = XY chromosomes --- Girl = Female clothing ---- Boy = Male clothing.
lol, no. gender is a completely fluid, a whole gray scale of area, not the black and white simplicity that it's made out today by society.

and no, i'm not gender confused, not that it's any of your business at all, but that's not to say that i've never have been before.

i'm really shocked at how ignorant some people really are.

it would be a lot better if you people just didn't care so much about issues
lol ok

John

Would I support not having a gender option at all? Nope. As a proud gay man with many friends as cross-dressers, this game isn't dedicated to little boys running around going "I HAVE BOOBIES!!!". Would I support having a female/male option in our closet so that we can switch between the two? Definitely. Habbo does it and there hasn't been complaining with them. They're all sorts of a demographic too.

I was someone upset by clothing being taken away as unisex, but that's only for now. When beta is completed, I'm very well hoping that boys wear boys clothes and girls wear girls clothes. A tab to switch between the two is good but don't mush to identities into one avatar at once. That's just creepy.
Yes^^^^^

With the exception of the OP every male in game just wears girls clothes as a joke, pink skin, beard, rocking princess clothes
I'm all for wearing whatever you want but if you want equality it's probably not going to happen.

Brooke

It's annoying how this game is turning into a fight for transgender rights. I support it and all but this is just a game and I'm confused why people are turning it into something it doesn't need to be.
Couldn't have said that any better. It's just a little too much.. it kind of makes VMK turn into something it definitely isn't. Drifting way too much from what the original site was created for.

I wouldn't say this game is aimed for kids considering the only people playing right now are adults re-living their childhood. lol