[Official] My Little Pony: FiM Thread

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
I really love the show, but I took a long, unplanned break from it and am still slowly making my way through season 2...yikes. I guess I'm more enthused about the merchandise than anything. I never cared for MLP before FIM came out, but I am lovin' the character designs and all the sweet, cute, colorful merch...I have a corner in my room with all my ponies hangin' out on the royal wedding castle playset and it always makes me a little happier when I look at it

my fav pony is Rarity

actually i re-evalutated my stance and i still dont understand why u would want to watch mlp when ur older than 6 and moreso why do people take it so seriously and treat it like quality programming despite t he fact its a children's show

Setsuykie

I really like the show and have been keeping up with it since season 1, however, I feel like as the show moves forward my interest is slowly decreasing. I feel like the episodes were a lot better in the beginning of it's run compared to now. The season 2 finale is my favorite episode because I really like Princess Cadence.

DGam'r

I really like the show and have been keeping up with it since season 1, however, I feel like as the show moves forward my interest is slowly decreasing. I feel like the episodes were a lot better in the beginning of it's run compared to now. The season 2 finale is my favorite episode because I really like Princess Cadence.
Omg we haven't seen Cadence since the movie. I hope they bring her back.

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
actually i re-evalutated my stance and i still dont understand why u would want to watch mlp when ur older than 6 and moreso why do people take it so seriously and treat it like quality programming despite t he fact its a children's show
something being appropriate for children doesn't make it low-quality. the animation and the characters really are top-notch and it's just a great thing to put ya in a good mood

karkat

i dont think i mind my little ponyas an instutiotn because its fun programming aimed at young girls that preaches the values of friendship among girls
but i dont like the fanbase of dudes who watch it because idk it kinda seems like the type of thing dudes dont need from media and them taking it as their own, and the show changing to fit that fanbase strikes me as really kind of gross

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
yeah tbh, as much as I love FIM, like 80% of the time I want nothing to do with anyone who labels themselves as a "brony" especially if they're a gross misogynist dude
they've made it so little kids who google image search the characters will see sexualized drawings, they actually get mad at the show being aimed towards young girls because apparently they just can't bear the thought of a piece of media that doesn't cater to them, they have made horrible 'jokes' like "princess molestia" abound
and it's really awful!! don't get me wrong, I am all for boys of all ages loving these ponies, but not if they disrespect the show's intentions to that degree. yuck. this show is (or, at least, was) probably one of the best influences for little girls today and I HATE to see people ruining that

on that subject, here's a really good article Lauren Faust wrote as a rebuttal when the show was accused of sending bad messages to young girls. it's a great summation of why I think MLP: FIM is really important

DGam'r

@Gaze
that's with every fandom tbh

Going on with Rarity Takes Manehattan I was kinda disappointed really. The song Generosity was catchy but the episode felt kinda rushed and dragged out. But I did gain anorher favorite pony, Coco Pommel. She was the most cutest assistant ever and she reminded me of Fluttershy a bit with her personality. Shy, timid, and scared to stand up for herself, but she gains courage like Fluttershy did many times.

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
@Gaze
that's with every fandom tbh
nah not really, every fandom has similar material and the nature of the material itself isn't what I have problem with, it's the context of this particular show that makes me feel that way. and the fact that it was a show created by a feminist with feminist ideals in mind, and yet so many of the fans refuse to embrace and appreciate that

n e way I've been back to work on season 2 this week, and I am REALLY getting back into it. can't wait to catch up to the new season!!

also has anyone else noticed that the "Bronies" documentary is on netflix? just watched it, and actually thought it was really good and insightful. it was definitely made from an overwhelmingly positive perspective and I wish that the community was always as loving/caring/good as it is portrayed in the doc.

Snaps

mischief managed
i love the show but i haven't watched it in a while, i need to watch the newer seasons
my niece made me watch it with her one day and i was surprised that it was actually good, because the show from the 80s/90s we had when i was growing up was pretty awful.
but yeah it's actually a great show with a good message if you stay away from those really disgusting creepy fans.

DGam'r

**Spoilers**
DERPY HAS RETURNED IN TODAY'S EPISODE

[video=youtube;gr6-WPIOqC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr6-WPIOqC8[/video]

Did anyone watch the episode today?

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
wow just finished season 3, can't BELIEVE how many times I teared up over its course
I've been playing the MLP mobile game non-stop, and have been devoting time to styling my pony figures' manes
this is the life......