ARE YOU TAKEN?!!
Also, I remember people used to pretend to have restaurants in their rooms

this was great I forgot about the "vintage roller coasters" hahaha

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
ARE YOU TAKEN?!!
Also, I remember people used to pretend to have restaurants in their rooms

this was great I forgot about the "vintage roller coasters" hahaha
Oh gosh I remember doing "taken." I can't believe a bunch of elementary and middle school kids came up with that concept hahaha

ghostbox

IGN: Ghostvial
coming off of a 4-hour buzzfeed binge, i found myself reminiscing about the old vmk. i was a preteen at the time, and spent most of my days interacting with people on the game.
so for those of you who never played the old game, or want to relive some stuff, here's a taste of what went down in private(and sometimes public) rooms.
note: i was 11-14 at the time, and i was not involved with any forum during the game's run. feel free to add memories or offer corrections to mine.

if you never played old vmk or joined later on, you may have not run into many of these, and the fault lies with ride pieces.
don't get me wrong, ride pieces are awesome, and they were a huge innovation that allowed for more ride expansion on less credits. but they also brought down almost all of a solution concocted by creative builders. manual rides, more commonly known as chair coasters(although the ride itself didn't have to be marketed as a "coaster" or fast ride), were a series of chairs lined up, either on boxes or around curves, either in one room or multiple linked by teleporters. to advance through the ride, you simply moved from chair to chair and room to room enjoying whatever scenery the builder had left for you.
though it had its disadvantages(ride clogs, anyone?), it was an incredible use of resources that dwindled in popularity after automatic tracks became available.
in fact, i've been meaning to build and operate a vintage chair coaster one day.

everyone knows at least a little about day cares. a few have even opened up in new vmk as affectionate parodies of our younger selves and/or internet culture past, but not everyone participated or knew what was going on.
"bay.be day cares" were extremely popular, yet routinely shallow-lived. the reason? it was much more than just pretending to be a baby and interacting with others as such, it was a gateway into the world of family roleplaying.(i once participated in a family of over ten members.) it was a meet and greet for "parents" and "babies", who would match up and hang out together, often creating rooms emulating a house and connecting them with shared teleporters. some carried this familial relationship outside of private guest rooms, gathering more people for the family and holding elaborate dollhouse-esque play sessions, including drama.
but the one thing that lay underneath all the fond silliness is the fact that it was a big underground movement. why? because it was counted as adult themes, and was not allowed. many people suffered bans for holding these roleplays depending on its content(i once got banned for taking a role in a family that was supposedly having a baby), and many people who took part in the day care scene were looked down upon.

yes, cute or boot is still popular now and is in regular game room circulation.
however, it's nothing like the classic version first played on the old game.
games were a lot more ruthless. you couldn't go sit and watch, or take "revenge", or have saves. (although some games did have these, most did not.) the games being run gave it its name; losing a round meant automatic, unwarned booting. favoritism was rampant, and prizes were huge. the entire scene was so much bigger than it is now, and played so much more seriously.

i swear i had more when i sat down to write this, so i'll add on when i remember again.
thank you for reading
The cute or booooooot! So funny. I was so into that scene, had a repetoire of costumes I would use and would often win actually haha

I kind of loved that old aspect of in-games when you could "pay" to stay in the game, although it was totally unfair. But I would run DHTF or Water Races and so on all the time and people paying to stay in the game was a huge item gainer for me and made giving out big prizes more worth it for the owner. They eventually banned that aspect, which makes sense, but as a enterprising 13 year old, I stopped hosting prize games because of it haha

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
I remember once there was a fake birthing center. I thought it was a daycare game for family but it was a bunch of people pretending to give birth. I was so scared I didn't play for like a month after that lololol
Yeah I remember that people would have "doctors offices" and other players would be "giving birth". I was 12 or 13 at the time and it was so creepy to me haha

I remember all of this, I use to have a family and I went to school in VMK and went to all kinds of guest rooms that were like restaurants. I even had a few restaurants myself. It was a lot more carefree back then, there were dating drama and stuff sometimes but even that drama wasn't as bad as some of the drama on here today.

cuipet

i love how creative we all were haha i remmeber thered always be day camps in guest rooms, and Cute or Boot was THE game haha and the Boy Meets Girl rooms and all that fun stuff like you guys metioned.. the good ol days :P