Permanence of rules?

Discussion in 'Community Feedback' started by Space, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Space

Space Waiting for 2028

In-Game Name:
    Space
    [​IMG]
    For accessability and anti-rot purposes, here is the text of the in-game alert:

This seems like an understandable mandate certainly; however, I have a concern.

Looking at the rules page, it appears rule 14 on clones would apply (which is excellent):

However, is there anywhere that it is published that the use of magic is prohibited?

2. RockStar_PoohBear

RockStar_PoohBear Lover of Jonas and Boy Bands

In-Game Name:
    RockStar_Olivia
    I think just for this event

3. Klimt

Klimt lover of art

In-Game Name:
    Klimt
    The issue is that staff make these types of announcements just on Twitter, which not all of us use. Or, they just have an in-game announcement, which you’ll only see if you’re online at that moment.

I think the best solution would to have staff send a message to everyone’s inbox when they implement temporary rules like this. Then it doesn’t matter what time of day you play, or if you use Twitter, you’ll be notified upon logging in. Everyone would know what is and isn’t allowed. As a bonus, they could add it to the newsletter, which most people read every week.

I think a counter-argument is that most people collecting crates know you shouldn’t use magic to collect them. I still think it would be helpful if the announcements were made on more platforms.

Space and Matty like this.
  4. Space

Space Waiting for 2028

In-Game Name:
    Space
    Understood. However, what about if a player was not logged in when the alert was sent out?