Pirate Game Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much heather. just thank you. i dont understand why people have the NEED to argue about this. if you really dont like it yes please keep it to yourself. do not bash on other people's FUN. if youre having fun with your group awesome that's all that matters. am i right? i like to have fun you life to have fun WE AS A COMMUNITY LIKE TO HAVE FUN??????
It's not fun trying to play a game of pirates when all the lobbies are filled with "Friendly players only." Then when you join and try to play the game as intended you're harassed and yelled at because "you're ruining the game" and are reported/receive warning from staff that you're being inappropriate.

Sounds like the opposite of fun to me...

It's not fun trying to play a game of pirates when all the lobbies are filled with "Friendly players only." Then when you join and try to play the game as intended you're harassed and yelled at because "you're ruining the game" and are reported/receive warning from staff that you're being inappropriate.

Sounds like the opposite of fun to me...
that's why some or majority of us move to empty lobbies. we are getting harassed, yelled at and reported too, dont even.

edit: we want to get keys and help other players get keys because we (such as i) are not good at pirates nor we are competitive. ive bene having fun and these are the most joyous nights i have, playing with friends ive just met through pirates and having a GOOD BLAST. if you are not having a good time then i am sorry that some of us friendlies are not being friendly and should not harass yell and report non friendlies.

Lost

that's why some or majority of us move to empty lobbies. we are getting harassed, yelled at and reported too, dont even.

edit: we want to get keys and help other players get keys because we (such as i) are not good at pirates nor we are competitive. ive bene having fun and these are the most joyous nights i have, playing with friends ive just met through pirates and having a GOOD BLAST. if you are not having a good time then i am sorry that some of us friendlies are not being friendly and should not harass yell and report non friendlies.
Considering some groups use the main lobby for full 8 person games which means sometimes you can even have people join your game, yeah it's annoying.

Also I haven't reported people but I should. It's cheating, you're game throwing and gaining an unfair advantage which are things against the rules because you're exploiting a game mechanic to get guaranteed wins for yourself and friends. Maybe brush up on the game rules.

Considering some groups use the main lobby for full 8 person games which means sometimes you can even have people join your game, yeah it's annoying.

Also I haven't reported people but I should. It's cheating, you're game throwing and gaining an unfair advantage which are things against the rules because you're exploiting a game mechanic to get guaranteed wins for yourself and friends. Maybe brush up on the game rules.
did heather's post mean nothing to you..?

edit: "For those who can't stand this mode of playing, just keep it to yourself. Just like I keep to myself that I hate broccoli. Nobody needs to know this!"

edit edit: please do not ruin our fun for us UNLESS STAFF SAYS IT'S WRONG. which is nothing so far.

Last edited:

Lost

edit: "For those who can't stand this mode of playing, just keep it to yourself. Just like I keep to myself that I hate broccoli. Nobody needs to know this!"
I could say the same for you. As she said arguments for it being allowed/ not allowed should be elsewhere. Your post was about it being allowed.

Hating broccoli and something which affects the game on a forum meant for the game are very different in my opinion though.

CandyCars

edit edit: please do not ruin our fun for us UNLESS STAFF SAYS IT'S WRONG. which is nothing so far.
I could say the same for you. As she said arguments for it being allowed/ not allowed should be elsewhere. Your post was about it being allowed.

Hating broccoli and something which affects the game on a forum meant for the game are very different in my opinion though.
[content removed]Please take your opinions to the debate section. Heather clearly posted that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see about how complaining about something which affects the integrity of the game is negative. If I complained about how staff allowed real world trading as long as you don't set up the exchange in-game or the forums would that also be negative?
I thought I was the only one thinking about it in terms of the integrity of the game... Whew

I guess my announcement meant continue the great debate of pirates friendly games here!

Guys, I was not saying that all discussions of things needed to end (or even criticism of whatever). The problem is people are taking this so personally that they are making some pretty heated arguments and personal attacks on one another.

The only point of this announcement was to get people to argue about whether or not friendly games should exist in the debates area. All topics that have very strong opinions that are polar opposites of each other are in that area. This is nothing new. And for those who can't find debates, here is the how-to Peaches kindly made:

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/private-debates-section-how-to.50154/

So please, can you guys take it there? I can't do anything about whether or not friendly games are allowed, I can only moderate the forums.

I guess my announcement meant continue the great debate of pirates friendly games here!

Guys, I was not saying that all discussions of things needed to end (or even criticism of whatever). The problem is people are taking this so personally that they are making some pretty heated arguments and personal attacks on one another.

The only point of this announcement was to get people to argue about whether or not friendly games should exist in the debates area. All topics that have very strong opinions that are polar opposites of each other are in that area. This is nothing new. And for those who can't find debates, here is the how-to Peaches kindly made:

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/private-debates-section-how-to.50154/

So please, can you guys take it there? I can't do anything about whether or not friendly games are allowed, I can only moderate the forums.

Thanks, I couldn't find it until now.
Edit: The reason people don't take debates to the debate section is because the debate section is a hassle to get to... and you have to be accepted into it?

Last edited:
Clearly "MOVE THIS TO DEBATES" means nothing to people. I'm locking this thread and any other thread started about friendly games that turns into a debate. I get that people have strong feelings about this, but you don't need to make fun of others in order to have a valid point, which is what continues to happen in these threads.

If you have any questions about this matter, please PM me or another forum staff.

~Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.