Pirates Minigame Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for all your hard work! Just remember, real life does come before MyVMK. ;)
Me and my Bird (hat) are happy to hang out and wait until Pirates is released. All good things are worth the wait, and another week won't hurt it!

goofy

Thank you for the update Amy.

First and most importantly, take care of yourself! You are doing great things for us!

Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

gravebound

not actually a grave
amy, you don't have to apologize. it's not your fault. you bend over backwards for us on a daily basis.
i really hope you and your dad get along well. i'm sorry you have to leave your current home. the transition is hard, but you are strong, and you can do it. you make magic happen.
be sure to keep us updated of your safety.

Amy, just by bringing back this game makes all of us eternally grateful (sorry for the pun, haha.) Take all the time you need, and I hope the best for you in this time! :)

ok at first i was freaking out lol because noooooo another week, then i read your post and felt horrible about it. to be honest i'll get more done at work this week this way so it's better off in the long run ;) but stuff happens and this ISN'T YOUR JOB. I love having vmk back, the memories, the music, the friends, just being able to log in at all brings back such a sense of comfort and relaxation which quickly morphs into hyperactivity that it's a wonder i can come home to this again at all so if I have to wait another week for pirates, hey at least I have pirates to wait for at all! and I'm just happy your willing to continue at all with all of that going on around you :) I hope you're able to work through everything and it all works out for the better and if things here end tomorrow or next week or Disney willing next year or decade I'm thankful for every minute i have to spend here and reconnect with everybody :)
For the record, I very much appreciate the explanation, sometimes we forget that staff are regular people too :)

@Amy You take care of yourself first, As much as you put into this game and making it what it was, you should take care of yourself. We really appreciate everything you do for us, and honestly, if I ever met you irl, the first thing I'd do would be to give you a huge hug. As for the game, your health and wellbeing comes first. This game should be the least of your worries, especially in hard times. We can wait, no matter how long it takes. I hope all goes well in your moving to your father's house, and I hope everything works out :) We love you Amy, you made so many people happy by giving this game to us, now it is time for you to take care of yourself. :D

Thank you for bringing VMK back and of course for the bird hat release :) A week before pirates is fine or however long it takes, I don't even remember how to play. well wishes on your move.

TinkHLM

@Amy the last thing you need to do is apologize! We are so grateful for all you and the staff have done so far! You brought this game back to life! and i love our community! I pray all goes well with your move and whatever it is you may be going through! We are here for YOU ! Thank you again for all you do! You are such a talented person xo and deserve nothing but good in your life xo

Gamecrazy

Thank you Amy for all you have done for this community. It is definitely alright to delay the pirates minigame, I'm sure most if not all of the community understands. Also I want to thank you for the development of the HTML 5 client, I'm looking forward to not having to switch operating systems to get shockwave to not act up on Wine due to missing windows dll files. :D

I'm glad you chose to delay. I'd rather we had an excellent game later than a mediocre one sooner.

As a side note - with the release of the new client do you plan on all minigames being played on a different server than the live game? I love it this way :) So the game won't be laggy with the release!

Thank you Amy for keeping us informed. Sending you a warm hug and my sincerest wish that you find a happy home with your dad. Those of us that love VMK / MYVMK can not thank you enough for making all this happen. Take as much time as you need. I will happily wait until you are settled in your new home and have had time to feel that the Pirate game is ready to release. We are in your debt - thank you.

MissSimba

I'm sorry you're going through rough times! But don't apologize! Take care of yourself first! It's been six years since VMK closed. Another week of waiting for a game is nothing, and definitely not nearly as important as real life! I hope things look up!

InfinityFay

@Amy, I haven't been able to play VMK for four months because I've been patiently waiting for the Mac client to come out.
I'm sure people can be patient for the pirates game for another week. Especially since this game would be no where without YOU now. So, thank you for giving us our game back and I'm sure we can deal with waiting a week. I mean we waited a few years for someone to recreate this anyways ;) Take care of yourself :D

<3 Ivy

Yeah, don't apologize! I'm just so glad Vmk is back and that you're so amazing and wonderful to go through all the hard work to bring it back at all. I think we all agree pirates is amazing, but we all know you're doing your best with what you have and making the game as good as it can be. Plus you're going through a lot in real life where things like bird hats don't exist. I'll be praying for you and I do hope you take care of yourself before the Vmk community. You're more important than us getting to blow each other up for virtual credits.

...I do really really REALLY appreciate the bird hats though. So much. Thank you for all you do, Amy!

Amy don't apologize for that. A week is barely anything, esepecially compared to the wait we've already been doing. We definitely can last another week! Take care of yourelf first! And thanks for the update. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.