Pixel Questions

Hi there, so im just now starting to play around with some room design elements and I had a few quick questions about pixels.

1. If I plan to make something like a staircase where people can walk along the top, do all the pixels in the stack need to be walkable, or just the pixels on top of the pile?
2. Can pixels be covered with carpets? If so, are they still walkable or does that cause weird things to happen?
3. Is it possible to make pixels stack side by side smoothly without awkward gaps in between?

Hi there, so im just now starting to play around with some room design elements and I had a few quick questions about pixels.

1. If I plan to make something like a staircase where people can walk along the top, do all the pixels in the stack need to be walkable, or just the pixels on top of the pile?
2. Can pixels be covered with carpets? If so, are they still walkable or does that cause weird things to happen?
3. Is it possible to make pixels stack side by side smoothly without awkward gaps in between?
1. Yes, all pixels would need to be walkable, or at least a line of them. Your character will only walk on the walkable ones. If you bought regular pixels, sell them (you'll get a full refund) and just buy the walkable :)
2. Pixels can be covered with carpets as long as there is enough space and it doesn't break the height rules. (the rug isn't split at different levels). It makes the rug look a tad awkward, but if you layer the rugs on it looks perfectly normal. Besides that, no, no weird bugs.
3. I'm a bit confused D: I can put pixels side by side without gaps. Let me meet up with you in-game so I can see what's happening.

1. Yes, all pixels would need to be walkable, or at least a line of them. Your character will only walk on the walkable ones. If you bought regular pixels, sell them (you'll get a full refund) and just buy the walkable :)
2. Pixels can be covered with carpets as long as there is enough space and it doesn't break the height rules. (the rug isn't split at different levels). It makes the rug look a tad awkward, but if you layer the rugs on it looks perfectly normal. Besides that, no, no weird bugs.
3. I'm a bit confused D: I can put pixels side by side without gaps. Let me meet up with you in-game so I can see what's happening.
The third hasn't happened yet, but i've seen where other people have stacked them next to each other and they dont appear to be touching. Is the height rule simply that the carpet has to be entirely on the same height, or is there some other random rule that applies? Thanks so much for your help. This will definitely make things much easier (:

The third hasn't happened yet, but i've seen where other people have stacked them next to each other and they dont appear to be touching. Is the height rule simply that the carpet has to be entirely on the same height, or is there some other random rule that applies? Thanks so much for your help. This will definitely make things much easier (:
Most likely the pixel is at a different rotation..that's why it looks weird.
The height rule is this:
an item may be placed on any items that take up the same space (floor). So if it's a floor of pixels, you'll have no problem. But if some are coffee crates (2 crates are the same height as one pixel), despite having the same height, the rug won't be placed. LMK if this makes sense... lol :)

Jerimiah

If you're making a staircase then no, they don't all have to be walkable. Only the top ones do.You can use whatever you want underneath to stack them up whether its more pixels or ride poles.
And adding a carpet to any kind of pixels (walkable or not) will let your avatar walk on them.