Please Bring Back Weekend Double Credits

Hi. I've only discovered MyVMK in the last few weeks (player of original VMK). I've really been enjoying playing the game again but my favorite part (past and present) is room building. However, as someone who is severely behind due to joining at the third anniversary I can't make up three years of missing items and experience. Unlike other online games there is no option to buy credits so that the only recourse is to play minigames. I found that the double credit weekends in the minigames enabled me to to pick up the occasional retired piece of furniture and clothing. Even just focusing on items still available in the stores costs a lot to make one room much less several (track systems and teleporters alone are dear for even a basic room ride).
I average a good 30k to 40k on one room (and that is using materials available; not even retired items purchased from veteran players).

I agree with Tinker Blue as well... I am an original VMK player. But only 3 weeks new to MyVMK. Trying to play catch up on and buying items
is a struggle. I haven't even begun to create a room. I buy one or two items and I am broke. Double credit weekends would be terrific. I really hope you bring it back!!

ButterflyHeart

I agree with everyone on this thread. As someone who just joined in the final weeks of Zootopia month, double credits weekends helped me tremendously at acquiring the items I want in such a short amount of time. Our only resource as new players in trades is our credit balance; we haven't yet acquired big ticket items (beanies, flips, etc.) that are tradable for big prices or item packages.

Although everyone plays mini-games, it seems that I run into newer players more. I imagine that the need for mini-games isn't as prevalent for older players, based on conversations I've had with some of my older friends.

I've been reading the big "What do YOU want to happen in the game" thread, and I found a lot of great ideas and issues that were brought up! Some of the issues were price inflation and a surplus of credits that won't leave the game. I agree that both of these need to be addressed; some of the prices in this game are ridiculous. Old and new players alike need these weekends if they want 800k for [insert big ticket item here].

This is just my speculation/biased observation, but I feel like since those issues were brought up on the thread, double credits weekends stopped. One answer of course, to reduce amt. of in-game credits might be to stop these weekends; as a new member though I disagree with this.

I think I'd be open to new ideas some people proposed in the thread to reduce credits (host-owned auction houses where users can list their items, etc.), while keeping weekend dble credits, or at least half of the weekends in the month.

Op, I didn't expect this to be so long. I may be looking into this too much. In summary, as a new player I enjoy having double cred weekends because it helps me save up for new and cool items. :)

Also: as a new member idk how consistently the dble credit weekends occurred. Maybe this is something new you're trying for the month, or they never were every single weekend, etc.

Since I haven't been here that long, idk what's typical. In any case, I hope this thread at least shows that ppl really, really enjoy these weekends!!

I want to bring awareness to this. thanks to no double credits less people are logged on during weekeneds
Have to agree with this. It's been quiet during the week for months but you could guarantee there would be a few people around at the weekends because of the double credits. Not any more. I know it's coming up to Halloween but I'm not ready for MyVMK to become a full-time ghost town just yet :o