[please delete]

ghostsrule

How shells work:
The first person to select a shell, regardless of distance, gets the shell. Do not get mad at me if I select a shell before you, no matter how close it is to you. You had the same opportunity to get it. It is not my fault that you didn't.

People who get mad at me for how I collect shells will be referred to this thread.
where can you play this?

ghostsrule

How shells work:
The first person to select a shell, regardless of distance, gets the shell. Do not get mad at me if I select a shell before you, no matter how close it is to you. You had the same opportunity to get it. It is not my fault that you didn't.

People who get mad at me for how I collect shells will be referred to this thread.
where can you play this?
Captain's Quest Quarters in Tomorrowland with at least 5 people
How shells work:

where can you play this?
In the game, go to Tomorrowland and then to Captains Quest Quarters. If there are at least five people in the room, shells will appear. Landing on one gets you ten credits.

alright thanks guys!

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
Well said AlexanderH! I sometimes joke with people that they were sneaky and stole my shell but I do it myself too, especially if the person closest to the shell doesn't appear to be making a move on the shell.
Who cares if someone gets there before you, it's the name of the game! :) :thumbsup:

Well in games there are rules and ethics. To click on a clam at a other person's toe is kinda mean spirited though not against the rules really. If you don't care how you treat people I see that as your problem.

Tony Stark

I still believe in heroes.
How shells work:
FACT: The first person to select a shell, regardless of distance, gets the shell.

Do not get mad at me if I select a shell before you, no matter how close it is to you. You had the same opportunity to get it. It is not my fault that you didn't.

People who get mad at me for how I collect shells will be referred to this thread. I don't feel like explaining this in a limited chatbox each time to people; it is much easier to type in a single link.

Because I have an open mind, please feel free to discuss below. I will be happy to respond to your opinions.

Tony Stark

I still believe in heroes.
Well in games there are rules and ethics. To click on a clam at a other person's toe is kinda mean spirited though not against the rules really. If you don't care how you treat people I see that as your problem.
Not all the time? Games don't always have rules and ethics. I see the shell game like a fumble in football. When there is a fumble everyone goes at the ball and the first person to get it, well, gets it. It doesn't matter who is closer to the ball or not- whoever gets the ball gets the ball... Soo... Who ever is fast enough to click on a shell is fast enough to click on a shell. That's what makes it a game, trying to beat out the people around you. If games had turns and sharing, they just wouldn't be as fun.

And it's a virtual game guys, I don't even see the need for this to be posted. XD

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
I don't find it mean-spirited, I don't find it a big deal in anyway, like its a game of shells do people really care that much to get mad over it?

The majority of the time I think most people click shells that aren't right next to other people because usually at least I would, assume that persons going to get cause they are RIGHT there so I'd having a higher chance on clicking another one, but sometimes they are afk or something so I'll take it.

Well there is rules in football. Plenty of penalties too.

Agreed.

Off:Topic rant

The Shells game isn't even a game in my opinion, it's just mindless clicking. Because of that I'd stick with Jungle Cruise or Fireworks (two mindless games as well, but objectively more challenging.) Also, the fact that it takes nearly a minute to collect ~70ish credits sounds, and is, way too tedious to me, and another reason to avoid wasting time with it. The only plus is the less secluded aspect when earning credits. I hope Shells becomes an inadequate source of credits when POTC or HM comes out.

I'm gonna say this:
I think it would be rude if someone came up to you and took your shell; however, it's a guarantee if you click on one first, you get it. So distance has [almost] no factor into who gets what shell, so I don't think it's rude. I agree with you [MENTION=503]AlexanderH[/MENTION]

Chill

My personal opinion: if someone takes a shell that's right next to me yeah I'll probably be annoyed for a second or two but that's the nature of the game. I don't really like it so much because of this. But if you honestly get angry enough to start a fight when someone takes a shell near you then I recommend getting your credits in a different way... It's a weak game and I don't think it deserves so much reading into it. But all in all I agree with OP, if you choose to get your credits via shells you're gonna have to learn to tolerate people getting shells near you. And take a little responsibility, because both people in this scenario had an equal chance to get the said shell regardless of whether it appears right next to someone.

Well honestly the only time it bothers me is when someone crosses the room to get a clam right in front of me while passing ones that were closer to them. lol sometimes I think it is reflex more then anything. But I have had to leave the room after getting really angry at a clam swipers and no game is worth that.

No, no not implying people shouldn't be allowed to go for the shells. IMO I try to be fair when I play and I think it would be nice if all people tried to be fair as well. Unfortunately people playing the game to up their odds for the most clams are not concerned with fair. And there it is.

Well honestly the only time it bothers me is when someone crosses the room to get a clam right in front of me while passing ones that were closer to them. lol sometimes I think it is reflex more then anything. But I have had to leave the room after getting really angry at a clam swipers and no game is worth that.
I totally understand what you're saying. I think people who go for shells far from them, under the condition that there are ones close by, are usually inconsiderate (I say usually because if they are in an area with many people, so selecting a far clam gives them a better chance of getting credits that round, so it is reasonable).

About you having to leave, I'm sorry that you got so angry. But that shouldn't be a reason for people to not be allowed to go for the shells that they want to go for, if that is what you're implying.

I don't know why people are so up in arms about the logistics of shells. It can be fun sometimes, you meet new people, and it's far less irritating than Jungle Cruise.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
I see your point...but I can see both points actually. It is frustrating when you are
right next to a shell & someone else takes it.
I think its more respectful to get the nearest shell next you, instead of going
across the room to get one. But, hey, like they say at my work in you want to go
to the bar, its "first come, first serve".